Join Date 11/2009
+4
Locked Post 110 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 21, 2013 10:35:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Should be interesting...imagine that...a Game maker going from doing a space game to a fantasy game...oh wait...  Copy Cats!!

August 21, 2013 10:57:31 PM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums

I like their naming scheme. Very clever. I'm jealous!

August 22, 2013 4:41:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

LOL I guess I dont have a problem with their naming scheme...but it does kinda lack a bit of imagination...but hey...if it works it works.  Im still waiting for the new Galactic Civ myself, named "Galactic Civilizations Who let the Frogs Out"!!

August 22, 2013 4:48:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seems extremely generic, BUT endless space was an unexpected 10/10 game (not to mention they added 3-4 DLC packs for free) and so this is definitely something I'll pick up.

August 22, 2013 4:51:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It literally looks like they copied from the Elemental franchise and threw in stuff from Civ V.  Regardless, I do have some interest.

Meanwhile:
"hugely popular 4x space strategy game"

Lulz.  No, it wasn't.

August 22, 2013 12:18:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks kinda cool.

August 22, 2013 12:40:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting XATHOS,

It literally looks like they copied from the Elemental franchise and threw in stuff from Civ V.  Regardless, I do have some interest.

Meanwhile:

Lulz.  No, it wasn't.

Yes it was. Maybe not to you. It sold 300k+, which is damn good for a first release 4X game from a new studio. 

I didn't like it, but some people obviously did.

August 22, 2013 12:52:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Given the difficulties Stardock did converting from space to fantasy, I think these guys will have some of the same problems, so I want to wait and see what happens.

I think in terms of degree of difficulty, making a fantasy strategy game is one of the hardest jobs out there, next to making a quality fighting game or quality MMO.

August 22, 2013 1:20:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was very impressed with how 'clean' Endless Space was, it was very quick to play and packed pretty much all of the pieces you expect in a space 4x.  The biggest downer to me was the combat, though it was still better than some other 'non-tactical' systems.

It will be interesting to see how much EL borrows from ES and how much new ground it covers.

August 22, 2013 3:26:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting XATHOS,

Meanwhile:

Lulz.  No, it wasn't.

Is... is that you Yoichi Wada? Cuz seriously. 500k. Random nobody team. Unless you're Minecraft, that's about as good as you're getting.

For a baseline, that's faster than Amnesia, slower than Super Meat Boy.

Also, looks more like ES meets AoW3, but given that no one actually has AoW3 it's kinda hard to tell (I can't even tell where you're getting this Elemental influence though, other than "it's a fantasy 4X").

August 22, 2013 4:23:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

those screenshots look horrible to me.   Hopefully it's just an alpha and they get some refinement to the game's look.

August 25, 2013 2:43:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

These pics are obviously more or less first mock up to show their intent. 

August 25, 2013 3:44:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is that their actual logo? I know it doesn't really impact gameplay or anything but you'd think they could do better than that. It looks like it could be the logo for a (non-chain) bar or hotel.

August 25, 2013 4:28:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It is worth noting that the screenshots have been downsized and thus lost a lot of the quality.

August 26, 2013 4:32:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

next to age of wonders 3 this looks rather meh but obviously looks isnt everything so i m willing to give it a chance in case (please no no no no ) age of wonders 3 ends up disappointing ( noooooooooooo! ).

never tried endless space - the impression i got what that mainstream reviewers liked it because its pretty and hardcore 4x fans said its a shallow game devoid of depth and longterm replay value. since i want depth and longterm replay value i skipped it hoping for it to get good BIG expansions (like Elemental did) to fix the game but from all i ve read the last expansion was pretty minor and the game is still far from greatness. does anyone know whether they planned more expansions for endless space or is their focus now all on this ?

August 26, 2013 5:57:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have more issue with the hexy, blocky presentation (along with the low detail) and especially the basic, square and painful UI makes it seem as if they just don't care about the presentation aspect of people using their product.  Again, hopefully, it's just an Alpha and will get some more spit and polish before release.

August 28, 2013 2:46:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting razzafazza,
next to age of wonders 3 this looks rather meh but obviously looks isnt everything so i m willing to give it a chance in case (please no no no no ) age of wonders 3 ends up disappointing ( noooooooooooo! ).

never tried endless space - the impression i got what that mainstream reviewers liked it because its pretty and hardcore 4x fans said its a shallow game devoid of depth and longterm replay value. since i want depth and longterm replay value i skipped it hoping for it to get good BIG expansions (like Elemental did) to fix the game but from all i ve read the last expansion was pretty minor and the game is still far from greatness. does anyone know whether they planned more expansions for endless space or is their focus now all on this ?

My personal feeling ist that Endless Space is THE game release 2012. It has been a long time that i have been that (positivly (sp?)) surprised by a game. I played that thing 6 months straight and that is a lot for me. I suffer from some kind of gamer add, sometimes playing even great games just once or twice and rarely finish one.

The last expansion might be a minor one in some ones opinion, but i dont think so. Also they did release 3 or 4 expansion inbetween ... for free.

I paid €20 for the game and in my opinion you cant get a better game for that money.

jm2c

(my english is rusty, sorry for that)

September 6, 2013 5:16:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Endless Space turned out to be much better than I expected. And the DLCs thrown in... nice experience made better.
September 10, 2013 4:02:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am curious about it. I'll keep my eyes open.

April 18, 2014 1:47:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, it's looking and sounding really good for Alpha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tplqU64jBs

I have a good feeling about this one. I felt like their previous title, Endless Space, was only missing a few immersion qualities, which this game seems to be doing a lot to "fix". 

Think Early Access will open up soon, too. 

April 18, 2014 2:09:03 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So... Many... New... 4X...

April 18, 2014 5:51:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

some pretty sweet faction intros - http://www.youtube.com/user/EndlessLegendGame

April 18, 2014 6:16:38 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting EvilMaxWar,

So... Many... New... 4X...

yes, let us work together to make our own game and call it MaxWar and DARCA's 4X money grab. It would include nothing that hasn't been done before, but we would make it seem like it's revolutionary.

DARCA.

April 18, 2014 6:38:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DARCA1213,
4X money grab

"Legendary Endless Epic Civilization Heroes" (LEECH)

LH Mods by Primal

XtraDeconstruct

XtraDeconstruct Canons

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000610   Page Render Time: