[eMODs] I Need To Move (Compatible with all LH versions) and No XP Split for Quest and Event Heroes (Compatible with LH 1.7) - NOTE: NO LONGER UPDATED

Now Compatible With XtraDeconstruct 1.7 versions, and NoXPSplit no longer requires core game file modifications.

By on August 12, 2013 9:55:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

StevenAus

Join Date 06/2010
+108

NO LONGER UPDATED.

NOTE: The closed eyes smiley (which gets created when you use the letter X and then the letter D - here is an example: ) has replaced the XtraDeconstruct references in this OP.  Whenever you see it in this OP, replace with the letter X then the letter D.

OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD LINK FOR I NEED TO MOVE: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1879

OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD LINK FOR NO XP SPLIT: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1900

ALTERNATIVE LINK: http://legendaryheroesmods.stevenaus.fastmail.com.au/

Note: If you are NOT using I Need to Move base mod but have installed it in the past, delete INeedToMove.xml from the Mods directory.

MOD 1: I Need To Move (current version 1.0b, compatible with all LH versions)

(1.7XD is a compatibility version that is installed as well as 1.0b and makes the mod compatible with XtraDeconstruct 1.7 versions):

Increases the moves for the slow (base 2 or 3 Movement with no ability to use mounts) Champions Mausolos the Construct, Raza the Wilding Shaman, Kasst the Spider, Tuatha the Troll and Huhrus the Ogre to a starting amount of 3 Strategic Moves and 2 Tactical Moves and automatically adds 1 of each move for every 10 levels.

Now slower heroes have realised the need to move and can now lead armies of their own!

[Installation Instructions for MOD 1]
Extract the INeedToMove.xml file into your My Documents\My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods directory and make sure Use Mods is enabled in-game.

[Un-installation Instructions for MOD 1]
Delete the INeedToMove.xml file from the Mods directory.  To delete the Compatibility version, delete "INeedToMove_ModifiedHeroes-.xml" file from the "Z" Folder which is inside the Mods directory.

MOD 2: No XP Split For Quest/Event Heroes (current version 1.7b, compatible with LH 1.7)

(1.7XD is a compatibility version that is installed as well as 1.7b and makes the mod compatible with XtraDeconstruct 1.7 versions)

Allows all Quest and Random Event heroes from the base game except Ascian and Quest Pack Alexandros to not split combat experience when they are in an army with heroes that do.  As long as there is not more than one hero in an army that splits experience (Sovereigns, Fame Heroes and Ascian and Quest Pack Alexandros) they will all get full hero experience.

[Installation Instructions for MOD 2]
Open the zip file, then extract the entire NoXPSplit directory inside the zip file to the following directory (overwriting matching files):

My Documents\My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods

Make sure Use Mods is enabled in-game.

[Un-installation Instructions for MOD 2]
To uninstall this mod, you just need to delete the NoXPSplit directory from the Mods directory.  To delete the Compatibility version, delete "NoXPSplit_ModifiedHeroes-.xml" file from the "Z" Folder which is inside the Mods directory.

Locked Post 75 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 12, 2013 11:39:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You should really expand it to all the slow champions to call it a mod. Tuatha (troll champion), the spider champion etc. could use this ability as well since they can't use mounts either. There could be more but those are the ones I remember ^^

Either way, good work, this is a good fix that everyone can benefit from. 

August 12, 2013 7:25:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Are there any Champions that only have 2 or 3 movement AND can't use Mounts that are not Mausolos, Kasst, Tuatha or Huhrus?

August 12, 2013 8:53:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Added Raza the Wild (the Wilding Shaman hero).  Are there any remaining heroes needing to move?

August 13, 2013 2:51:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This has been added to list of mods for E:LH.

August 13, 2013 5:35:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks tjashen, for all your hard work in maintaining such a useful resource, and I'm proud to add something useful to it too.

August 14, 2013 10:52:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT

August 17, 2013 3:30:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice little mod. Hughrus now Speedy Gonzales!

August 17, 2013 5:02:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting StevenAus,
Thanks tjashen, for all your hard work in maintaining such a useful resource, and I'm proud to add something useful to it too.

Seconded!

August 17, 2013 6:22:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Do people think this mod is relatively balanced?  Is 5 Strategic Move and 4 Tactical Move at L20 too much?  I could consider giving the extra move at L15 and L30, so most of the time they will have a Strategic Move of 3 or 4 which is the same as a regular champion with a warg or a horse.

August 17, 2013 6:37:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Considering how powerful a mage is at level 20, I really don't think any tweak to these heroes movement has any effect at balance at all. 

August 17, 2013 7:38:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

But it does make them more useful, right?

August 17, 2013 8:11:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes of course Without this mod, I would not use them at all. 

August 17, 2013 8:44:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Do you think that Raza the Wild, as a mage, needs the speed boost?  Would he be okay at a fixed 3 movement, or does he need the full level boost like the other slow heroes, despite having Coal Stones?

August 17, 2013 9:12:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You are asking the wrong questions. Do the speed boost do anything at all for Raza the Wild in tactical combat? No it does not, really, you can block with other troops etc. getting the same effect from the speed boost. The main effect of your mod is making these heroes viable options as Sovereign support. Without this mod they would be "anchors" slowing stuff down on the Strategic level, and when you are fighting imba AI's, stuff slowing you down are the first things you sacrifice to catch up.

August 17, 2013 10:42:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, the main purpose of my mod as I posted in the original post was to stop those other heroes getting dumped.  So it is good that is has done that.

August 27, 2013 7:31:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey Steve,

great mod, that is exactly was i was looking for. Just had a rage attack when i recognized these monster heroes were useless due to their restricted movement.

Now Tuatha will crush those 11 insane opponents, hehehe..let the war begin!

Thanks a lot for the effort!

EDIT: Just found out mods only work for new games? Is this correct or is there a way to apply the mod to an already running game?

August 27, 2013 10:09:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

no mod works on an existing game as the game files are set in stone and saved with the game when the game is started.  That's how the elemental system works

August 27, 2013 12:19:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

For some strange reason, every time I delete the extra "<" at the front of Tathua the Troll's <UnitStat_Move> tag, it reverts when I go to download the finished copy.  I don't know why.  Has anyone ever come across something like this?

August 28, 2013 12:06:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have now uploaded the mod to Nexus.  Link is in OP.

September 2, 2013 7:05:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A new mod which includes all the I Need To Move changes is available from Nexus.  See the link in the OP.

September 2, 2013 11:58:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

thank you!

September 2, 2013 2:18:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Error

The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

This file cannot be downloaded while the owner has set it to hidden. 

?

First the site was down, now this..

September 2, 2013 2:34:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I got the same or similar error too.  I think I will post my mods on my own site too for the times when Nexus isn't working.  Website link above.

September 2, 2013 5:41:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had some similar issues from american nexus sites, but switched to european and no issues (and this is downloading from AUSTRALIA)

harpo

September 3, 2013 9:59:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Does your mod include Bacco, Wilbur and the other heroes that come through events?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time: