[eMod] Rise of the Conclave Army.

(addon to the regular game)

By on August 6, 2013 11:25:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

sjaminei

Join Date 10/2012
+24

Welcome to Rise of the Conclave Army eMod! Tired of only making decent troops from your fortresses? Well wait no more, this mod makes Conclave Troops more interesting and hopefully more viable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95181126/ConclaveTroops.zip (extract into your Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods folder)

This mod adds 3 new buildings, 1 new magic staff in the shop, and a new ability. It should be standalone and work fine with other mods. The 2 common buildings will make conclave units decent, and the 3rd will make your mages crazy glass cannons. Tower of the Magi is also a very interesting choice for your lvl 5 conclave pick, with high magic and elemental resists for your troops. Any balance and testing feedback is appreciated, especially about the tech unlock timings which are the ones I am not 100% sure are good enough. Hopefully this should be a nice addon to your overall game without influencing balance

Changes to the game: 

Tower of the Magi:

+25 Spell Resistance for Trained units

+15 Elemental Resistance for Trained units (Cold/Fire/Lightning Resist)

New Buildings:

School of Warfare (tier 1, conclave exclusive path, unlocked by Arcane Mastery tech)

Accuracy and Trained unit Discount (+20 and 20%)

Warmage College (unlocked by Glyph Stones tech)

+ 1 Lightning Damage and +1 Initiative for Trained Units

Warmage University (1 per faction, unlocked by Magical Forging tech)

+2 Lightning Damage and +2 Initiative for Trained Units

New Reckless Magic Ability for Trained units

Reckless Magic (ability)

+25% magic damage (Cold/Fire/Lightning)

-35% defense 

-1 hp per level

New Item:

Thunderstaff (Unlocked by Warmage University, buyable in the city shop for Sovereign/Champion use only)

20 Lightning Attack

-2 Initiative

+10 Mana from Kills

Locked Post 7 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
LordTheRon
August 7, 2013 8:58:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This has been added to the LH Mods list.

August 7, 2013 4:08:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like your changes, except for the Thunderstaff.  It not only does almost x2 the damage of other staves, it is:

• Of a rare type (lightning)
  • Only -2 initiative
  • +10 mana from kills is a huge value, especially since you don't have to actually kill them with the staff, just be holding it
August 7, 2013 4:27:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Thunderstaff requires Magical Forging tech, and having a conclave with full building path (the last building costs a lot of production). You should be able to get the staff when you could get the 12 damage staffs anyways, and they suck. Remember this is a champion/sovereign only item, you won't be able to give them to the troops.

It should come too late for it to matter from a balance point of view as well, and is just a fun item to experiment with instead of casting doom spells one after another. Reasonably you should have far better 1-h weapons at that point anyways. (Druss Blade/Heartseeker etc. beats this weapon hands down and you can get them earlier) Remember you can't modify magic damage with attack bonuses, so it will stay on 20 lightning attack. 

I'm unsure why this should have been the problem (I thought my reckless magic trait would be the worst ), but I play the game my way and this weapon comes from my perceived lack of a proper staff weapon for champions, so what would you change it to so it would work better for you?

August 7, 2013 5:46:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The fact that it is sovereign only makes it valid for me.  I was under the mistaken impression we could give it to troops.  Will experiment, thanks for providing this.

August 7, 2013 7:52:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, that would have been pretty crazy. No wonder you thought it broken

Updated the OP to clarify it better. Thanks. 

August 8, 2013 4:47:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just out of curiosity, does anyone want a new staff weapon for trained troops? I could imagine some splash damage etc. at least could be added on a new weapon. (more costly obviously, I would give it a high crystal cost) It wouldn't be Conclave exclusive but it should be easy enough to add to the Arcane Weapons tech.  

August 9, 2013 6:23:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A nice new staff would always be fun. Liking your changes here, gonna try it out.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000079   Page Render Time: