Life and Death Magic Race?

By on July 20, 2013 6:22:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Zblader

Join Date 12/2010

Hi,

I was wondering if it there is some simple way to create and mod a race or leader that is able to wield Life and Death magic - not really planning on changing anything else at the moment, but it seems the default game makes it normally impossible for a leader to wield both and I would like to try making a leader that does.

Hope I can be pointed in the right direction, and thanks in advance.

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 20, 2013 7:08:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Create a custom sovereign, and go into documents/my games/legendaryheroes/units folder, and find the custom sovereign file. 

add these two lines into the file along with the other SelectedAbility** thingies. 

<SelectedAbilityBonusOption>Death1</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>
<SelectedAbilityBonusOption>Life1</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>

Just tested it myself, and seem to work fine... except for leveling up the magic..... 

<SelectedAbilityBonusOption>Life5</SelectedAbilityBonusOption> might be the only way if you want to wield both kinds of the same time. (death5 if you play kingdom) Depends on if you feel like it's cheating or not. 

July 20, 2013 7:08:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No, there is no easy way to do this.

July 20, 2013 8:12:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Okay made a workaround for kingdoms. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95181126/Deathmagic_for_Kingdoms.zip (extract into mods folder)

Add this line into your custom sovereign giving him "kingdom" deathmagic:

<SelectedAbilityBonusOption>Death1_2</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>

If someone knows how to make it customizable in create sovereign screen, please add to it, or tell me how so we can do a proper mod out of this ^^ 

Edit: Fixed broken link, and fixed placement in skill tree, you should be able to have all magics now if you want to

July 20, 2013 4:37:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sjaminei,
If someone knows how to make it customizable in create sovereign screen, please add to it, or tell me how so we can do a proper mod out of this ^^

I don't know how, but as a work-around you could try making Death Magic for Kingdoms and Life Magic for Empires into a special book you can select in with the starting equipment.

July 20, 2013 5:13:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd rather do it properly if I invest more time in the mod (life magic for empire is absent etc.) If you only want to experience the life/death combo, the current .xml file should do the trick. 

July 23, 2013 3:04:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you very much for putting in the effort to make a mod.

Regarding a Life Magic Empire Mod : where would I be able to find the Life Magic data and would I need to change anything besides the names and  <Attribute></Attribute> field to make it work for the Empire?

EDIT : Also, if I mod my custom leader file and want to play him without the mod, would I need to worry about any errors or would it just be a matter of being careful with what save file I load?

July 23, 2013 4:22:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

CoreAbilities.xml, copy Life-Life 5, and all life spells in CoreSpells.xml. You need to copy those and modify them to a new path like I did with death spells. It's a bit of an hassle, and not a quick fix sadly

The mod only works when <SelectedAbilityBonusOption>Death1_2</SelectedAbilityBonusOption> is put into your sovereign. It should do nothing without it, and you could even forget it existed

Savefile can't be "modded" after the fact, so a save has only old information. You need restart the game, and start a new game for new mods to "update" usually. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time: