Thanks so much for this Awesome Game

By on July 14, 2013 3:41:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tirawa

Join Date 04/2008
+1

I had been holding out on buying Elemental since Fallen Enchantress came out because I was skeptical of Stardock's ability to rebound from WoM.  I am happy to say that I finally broke down and bought Legendary Heroes this week and its absolutely awesome.  Really looking forward to future improvements, DLCs, mods etc.  Great game and great community.  

Locked Post 15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 14, 2013 4:18:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There already are two DLCs and I must say the Quest DLC is pretty awesome.

I barely touched the Map DLC, but those maps that I did play were pretty cool.

July 14, 2013 7:02:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great.  I'll get the quest DLC soon.

July 14, 2013 7:35:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks! We've had a great time making it. 

I'm actually coding an update to the monster AI as we speak.

July 14, 2013 9:19:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's great news!  I am really enjoying the monster design and variety btw.  The dragons look epic on the world map.

July 14, 2013 11:23:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Also, is it just me or is the level up "chime" and upgrade "chime" extremely satisfying.  It sounds like something out of an old Squaresoft game like Chrono trigger.  That may also explain the spikey hair on the cover art!

July 15, 2013 1:01:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is the map pack DLC the same one that was released several months ago?

July 15, 2013 1:06:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, but it has been adapted for LH.  Which means there are no more champions on the map AFAIK.

July 15, 2013 4:58:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I absolutely love this game! Been playing for decades and I was always looking for a great MOM successor. Tried nearly everything (Warlock, FFH etc) but this is the first game that really nails it. I think it's sad there is nearly no media coverage for the game, I haven't found a single German side where it was tested. I know it's up on Gamespot, IGN and such but I wonder why it's not on other mags/sites. Did you refuse to pay for an add campaign?

Anyway... keep up the good work.

July 15, 2013 5:57:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Apparently LH is selling quite well, well enough to do more in the Elemental universe AFAIK from dev comments.

July 15, 2013 7:13:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, the game is selling well but I think you have to put that into perspective. The game is very niche. It is not the same as saying that you sold 5-6 million copies of Call of Duty Clone X. They probably sold a couple of hundred thousand copies, my guess would be somewhere between 200 000 and 300 000. A majority of those sales were likely during sales or from discounts (from previous FE owners).

July 15, 2013 8:25:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So the $64,000 question...

Brad, is FE/LH profitable enough to justify allocating resources to its continued support/development/expansion? Or has it just about completed it's life cycle, and you're ready to move on to other games?

July 21, 2013 1:08:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wel Borg999 that is a question..

The harsh reality hm?

In my opinion even if there would be no more support I would still "occasionally" play this game, but that is just me. Of course I would really like further support and really the newest addition in our version numbers the 1.3 does hint that here will be more polishing (at least)

July 21, 2013 10:35:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting N1ghthavvk,

Wel Borg999 that is a question..

The harsh reality hm?

In my opinion even if there would be no more support I would still "occasionally" play this game, but that is just me. Of course I would really like further support and really the newest addition in our version numbers the 1.3 does hint that here will be more polishing (at least)

Yea, I think I'll be playing this game for a while too. But at this point, they could easily extend its life by periodically offering new DLC's.

The great thing about this game, is that there is almost endless possibilities for interesting/meaningful content. And so far, SD's DLC's have been well worth $5.

Well, maybe not the map one, but $5 is still pretty cheap.

July 21, 2013 11:36:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah I do agree.

The lore is wide enough that there is even enough space for a whole new world or maybe the possibility to conquer the realm of the titans or anything alike.

July 21, 2013 11:38:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think the wildlands would make great "other dimensions", accessible through underground tunnels or teleportation gates.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time: