Level 8 Village???

By on July 6, 2013 10:33:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

rowyerboat

Join Date 06/2013
+2

Just captured a town from Yithril that is just that...a level 8 Village.  It says it has 82 pop and 218 more for level 9.  Also, the icon in the list on the left of the screen shows a tower with a dark sky and some kind of pinkish magical streak going across the sky.  On the world map, the town itslef also has said tower in it with energy coming out of the top.  No special buildings are listed in the Details section.

What the heck is this?

Locked Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 6, 2013 10:40:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's a wildland village captured from wildlings. Deorcnysse. Special city

July 6, 2013 11:12:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yep that's the name of it.  Does it get anything special?  Other than its strategic location it's got horrific unrest and almost no improvements.  I may have to raze it, even though I'd feel kinda bad doing it.

July 7, 2013 1:00:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It has 4 essence slots and good material yield. It's a good city to build troops from. Don't get scared of unrest, it's always bad right after you capture it. 

July 7, 2013 1:02:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah just noticed that.  Thanks for the info.

July 7, 2013 9:25:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If i recall correctly, you can't upgrade it to town/fortress/conclave, so I have to doubt it's use.  a 7/7/4 is an unbelievable tile, but losing all the fortress upgrades on your troops is pretty noticeable.  -6 defense, -2 attack, -25 accuracy, -enmity/bloodthirsty, -2 initiative/-charge/-1hp per lvl......

If you raze the town is the tile beneath it still 7/7/4?  I'd much rather be able to build the fortress upgrades then just build super fast.

July 7, 2013 10:08:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think the city gets the bonus for being the special Darkling city.  Is it possible to regenerate a square that has a city on it?  I think if you rebuilt the city it would not have the bonus for being a special city (+2 to all three resources) because that gets added on afterwards.

July 7, 2013 11:32:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Endiel1,

If i recall correctly, you can't upgrade it to town/fortress/conclave, so I have to doubt it's use.  a 7/7/7 is an unbelievable tile, but losing all the fortress upgrades on your troops is pretty noticeable.  -6 defense, -2 attack, -25 accuracy, -enmity/bloodthirsty, -2 initiative/-charge/-1hp per lvl......

What troops do you lose? You get more troops, no they won't be your perfect troops from that end game epic fortress, but with 4 essences super early in the game, they are still pretty good. (4 attack + 4 initiative + 4hp + 4 defense for instance) Thats pretty good in my opinion, and your fortress can be 3 essences max (4 with scrying pool, but then you have got a 5 essence one) Oh, and mage troops do not benefit from enmity/bloodthirsty etc. so building mages from that city is almost as good anyways. (the only thing lacking is accuracy)

July 7, 2013 12:01:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sjaminei,

Quoting Endiel1, reply 5
If i recall correctly, you can't upgrade it to town/fortress/conclave, so I have to doubt it's use.  a 7/7/7 is an unbelievable tile, but losing all the fortress upgrades on your troops is pretty noticeable.  -6 defense, -2 attack, -25 accuracy, -enmity/bloodthirsty, -2 initiative/-charge/-1hp per lvl......

What troops do you lose? You get more troops, no they won't be your perfect troops from that end game epic fortress, but with 4 essences super early in the game, they are still pretty good. (4 attack + 4 initiative + 4hp + 4 defense for instance) Thats pretty good in my opinion, and your fortress can be 3 essences max (4 with scrying pool, but then you have got a 5 essence one) Oh, and mage troops do not benefit from enmity/bloodthirsty etc. so building mages from that city is almost as good anyways. (the only thing lacking is accuracy)

I never said you lose troops....  looks like you misread my post, although fortresses cut production time in half with upgrades, so a 3/3/3 fortress would train troops about the same speed as the 7/7/4, and faster if it has 4 or more. 

Now, say you use fire/ini/hp enhancements on a 3/3/3 fortress with strike garrison upgrade, and fire/ini/hp/armor enhancements on the 7/7/4.  The fortress troops would get +25 accuracy, +2  p attack, +1 initiative, +1 def, and give enmity/BT over the unique trained troops, whereas  The unique trained would only give +1 fire attack, and +1 hp edge in return.  Or take the infirmary option and the fortress troops get -1 ini and +1 hp per level(+0 for level 1).

So they build about the same speed(at the least, fortress builds faster if it has 4+ mat), and the fortress troops are better.  I don't see much use the the unique city after early game.  =/

July 7, 2013 3:08:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm actually using it to pump out research/gold.  Managed to build all the upgrades I could quickly and slapped on meditation/propaganda/intuition/enchanted hammers.  

July 7, 2013 5:11:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

it's pretty good for pumping out pioneers - grows quickly thanks to the high grain yield and has decent production. if you have life magic, slap on growth, if you have earth 3, slap on set in stone (double production at the cost of zero research). you lose absolutely nothing from keeping it at low pop, since its level ups don't really affect the yields.

it's not really useful for anything else, since it lacks the fort buildings for training decent troops, the base research and +research% buildings of a conclave for decent research and the base gold and +gold/+gold% buildings of a town for decent cash. 

July 12, 2013 8:08:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

edit. sorry posted in wrong place.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time: