[1.2] [BUG] [Resolved] Unable to build weaponsmith

By on July 6, 2013 5:11:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

SomethingGe...

Join Date 01/2010

After researching Weapons of War I am unable to build the weaponsmith improvement.  I have a level 5 fortress (and only one, so it wasn't inadvertently selected in a different fortress) with a forge and blacksmith built, but it isn't available.  It looks like (from checking the hiergameon (sp?)) it was dropped off of the Forge-Blacksmith-Weaponsmith upgrade path.

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 6, 2013 5:21:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Weaponsmith is a 1 per faction kind of thing. Double-check so you don't have it in any of your other cities, especially conquered ones.

Also note that the chain is Forge-Blacksmith-Armorer-Weaponsmith

July 6, 2013 5:58:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That explains it (the second part) - I was playing a game with a "No Armor" faction, so the weapons of war tech was available, but not the armor tech (and thus not the armorer improvement).

Thanks Heavenfall!

July 7, 2013 12:30:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

But Weaponsmith has other uses besides building armor.   The name is 'Weaponsmith' not 'Armorsmith'.

July 14, 2013 6:26:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Aye - it confused me enough that I had to make a forum post Mostly what threw me off is that, even though when playing a "No Armor" faction, the tech tree showed that one can build a weaponsmith once one researches "Weapons of War". However, since the "Armor" tech is unavailable one can't upgrade a blacksmith to an armorer, and thus one can't obtain a weaponsmith.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: