Sad day for firefighters

By on July 1, 2013 12:41:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums External Link

Ryat

Join Date 06/2006
+405

A sad day today as 19 firefighters were killed fighting a wildfire near Yarnell AZ, one of my old stomping grounds. These hard working men and women put their lives on the line and today 19 will not be coming home.  :'(

Names of the fallen.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22736347/2013/07/01/names-of-firefighters-killed-in-yarnell-fire-released

Locked Post 21 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 1, 2013 12:53:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Slight update. 18 were firefighters and another body was found in the area.

July 1, 2013 1:56:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sad indeed. It's been all over my FB page. I have a few buddies that are Hotshots and go all over the place.

July 1, 2013 3:00:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Goes to show just how dangerous their job is. My thoughts and prayers to their families.

July 1, 2013 7:35:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
My thoughts and prayers to their families.

July 1, 2013 8:38:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Indeed...a truly sad day. My condolences to their families and friends.

July 1, 2013 8:47:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Ryat,
Slight update. 18 were firefighters and another body was found in the area.

Reports here say it was the entire team [19] - special firefighters who are usually choppered in or hike in... to inaccessible places.

One of the 'less appealing' things my end of the world shares with areas of the US.

July 1, 2013 8:51:17 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Damn. These people keep us safe for very little pay and very little credit. They deserve far more respect than I could ever provide. My thoughts go out to their friends, colleagues, and family.

July 1, 2013 8:52:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My heart felt sympathies to all the families of the Arizona firefighters. Unbelievable.. 

July 1, 2013 9:11:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My thoughts go out to the families, this is very sad.

July 1, 2013 9:54:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Jafo,
Reports here say it was the entire team [19] - special firefighters who are usually choppered in or hike in... to inaccessible places.

One of the 'less appealing' things my end of the world shares with areas of the US.

The latest on that is 18 from one crew, Granite Mountain Hotspot crew, and another fireman from another crew who may have been there to help out as one of the official members of that crew was assigned to another crew somewhere else.

July 1, 2013 10:05:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Each and every day our friends, neighbors and relatives give up their lives to serve others without a thought as to what might happen to them. 

One of life's lessons.

July 1, 2013 10:40:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It takes a special kind of bravery to face and fight the Hell on Earth that is a forest fire, in most cases to save the property of people the firefighters will never even meet. My condolences to their families and friends.

My thanks to those who continue to put everything on the line fighting fires everywhere, never knowing when the next fire may be their last . Most of them are volunteers.

July 1, 2013 11:14:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Being a paramedic with a local fire department, this kind of tragedy really hits home each and every time.

My department suffered a line of duty death last year and it was really difficult to overcome for many of us. I cannot imagine what a loss of 19 would feel like. Rest in peace, brothers. You were all heroes and this world has suffered a loss in quality people.

July 1, 2013 12:17:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

July 1, 2013 2:54:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
they are heroes.
July 2, 2013 1:53:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
special firefighters who are usually choppered in or hike in... to inaccessible places

it's kind of like... 'Extreme' firefighting... 

I watched a detailed report last night of just what they do...    Incredibly brave individuals... and so unselfish.... feel for their families and their communities...  nature is so harsh and fickle an enemy to fight...  

July 2, 2013 9:55:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Yarnell area is nasty. Lots of boulder hills. That is mounds of boulders stacked on one another. Makes for fun challenging climbing but not for fighting fires.

July 2, 2013 4:17:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My thoughts and prayers to their families, too.

May they rest in peace.

July 3, 2013 1:44:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

http://ktar.com/287/1646183/Survivor-served-as-lookout-on-deadly-fire-

This poor man will have survivors guilt for a long time. My heart goes out to him as well.

July 3, 2013 7:29:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah, I heard about that one guy. I hope he does something monumental with his life. So then he can say that's why he alone was saved. {like surviving that isn't enough} My heart goes out to him and I wish him well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time: