[LH][eMOD] Additional Faction Traits and Races

v3h

By on June 27, 2013 8:36:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

DsRaider

Join Date 11/2008
+69

This mod is for everyone who wants more unique factions for large maps or is just tired of the same old factions. The ultimate goal of this mod is to allow players to try new play styles and keep the world of Elemental interesting.

In addition to several new faction traits the latest version includes includes two completely new races known as the Hashaini and the Hunduran. These new factions have custom units and traits. This mod also replaces and redesigns Capitar and Umber in order to make them more interesting and complete.

Currently Included Traits:

Strengths

Archaeology: Ancient Temples give +2 Research and allows you to build Excavation Sites on Clay, which produces 1 research as well as a material.

Mercenary Legions: Units are trained 20% faster, and unlocks the Mercenary unit trait which gives a unit +1 Level, +1 wages, halves XP earned, and -40 to build time. Allows a player to build large temporary armies quickly. Also unlocks Alchemical Bombs and Catapults.

Horse Lords: Stable and Ranch tiles grant +1 materials, unlocks improved Destrier mounts, and Horse Markets which produce horses.

Kennel Masters: Allows players to build Blood Warg Mounts, and Warg Markets which produce Wargs. Warg Kennels, and Dens also spawn Hunting Warg packs.

Trade Houses: +15% to Gildar, and unlocks the Acquire Metal and Acquire Crystal Spells. They allow you to trade 50 gold for 10 metal or crystal.

Faith: Blesses all your unit with +10% Spell Resistance, and -5 unrest in all cities. Unlocks Amulet of Faith which boosts spell resistance and damage versus Elementals, and the Pilgrimage enchantment which boosts growth per essence in a city.

Purification: The opposite of Corruption. Unlocks the Purify spell which converts shards to life shards, and searing Light Spell which damages Twisted. More spells to come.

Extortion: Replaces Consulates with Tolls which produce 2 Gildar in the nearest city and require no tech. Black Markets are more effective and can be upgraded to Shadow Guilds.

Knife Fighters: Replaces shields with offhand daggers and swords which increase attack and can be thrown.

Weaknesses

Corrupt: -10% to Gildar and -1 fame every 10 turns.

Skepticism: -10% to Mana. Oracles, Temples of Essence, Sacrificial Altars, and Clerics are disabled.

Here you can see the Umber Redesign and a Hashaini unit in custom leather armor.

Factions

Umber: Kennel Masters, Master Chain, Assassin's Tools

Capitar: Civics, Trade Houses, Mercenary Legions

Hashaini: Knife Fighters, Extortion

Hundura: Horselords, Warrior Caste

Races

Urxen: Recieves double the normal Swarm bonus, and unlocks WildStrike ability.

Hashaini: +7 Critical Chance, Unlocks Dirty Blow ability.

Hunduran: +1 Initiative, +1 Dodge per Level, and unlocks Resolve Ability.

Notes

-Thanks Aerion Istari for the sweet jewelry art.

-Thanks Heavenfall for the Duel Wielding skeleton.

-As you should whenever you create a new faction you should play through with them once and create units for them before letting the AI play as them.

-This is compatible with my Age of Fangs 2.0 mod, AI Plus, and Black Market Bazaar.

Download: Here    *For LH v1.4

If you have an idea for a new or existing trait feel free to post it. I am always looking for cool ideas. I especially like ideas that make factions play differently.

Once unzipped all the files can just go in My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods except the files in the Gfx folder which go in My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods\Gfx, and the files in the Tiles folder which go in My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Tiles.

Please post any bugs.

Locked Post 53 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 28, 2013 8:58:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy to see this updated for LH!  Been looking forward to trying this out for quite some time.

Although I've done something goofy upon installation.  I haven't seen any mention of what goes where, but these files obviously cannot simply be placed into folders as-is (unlike how most other mods are installed).

June 28, 2013 10:32:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh sorry I thought there were instructions up already somewhere. Once unzipped all the files can just go in My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods except the files in the Gfx folder which go in My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods\Gfx, and the files in the Tiles folder which go in My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Tiles.

June 28, 2013 8:50:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Does this work with Stormworld ?

June 30, 2013 11:43:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi Dsraider,

I have been playing around with the new lh version of the mod and have found a few bugs:

* Destrier mounts aren't unlocked in the unit design, neither of them show up meaning not normal horses and not Destrier mounts.

* A rather serious issue, when installing this mod chainmail proficiency makes it possible to equip plate mail as well, this happens with all factions.

* Most capes and cloaks don't show up on the new Urxen race and lose their icon.

* i found a very weird bug, so i was at war with Altar using a custom faction of mine, suddenly Relias shows up with an army that had two stacks named Kulan, they were invisible and had 0 attack, very weird this thing, Umber was in the game by the way.

Thank you for this mod Dsraider had been waiting for it for quite a while, my only regret is not having as much time as before to play

June 30, 2013 11:53:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

Quoting Nightmurderer03,
* Destrier mounts aren't unlocked in the unit design, neither of them show up meaning not normal horses and not Destrier mounts.

What Race were you using?

Quoting Nightmurderer03,
* Most capes and cloaks don't show up on the new Urxen race and lose their icon.

I'm not seeing this. Could you be more specific?

Quoting Nightmurderer03,
* i found a very weird bug, so i was at war with Altar using a custom faction of mine, suddenly Relias shows up with an army that had two stacks named Kulan, they were invisible and had 0 attack, very weird this thing, Umber was in the game by the way.

I have no idea what's doing this. It must be related to me hiding core sovereigns and be a bug on the developer side. I will have to find a workaround.

Thanks again, I should get this stuff fixed soon.

June 30, 2013 1:08:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sorry i don't know how to "quote" posts.

For the Destriers i was using a custom faction with the new Hashaini race, they had knife fighters as well if that's relevant.

For the Urxen i mean the accessory cloaks for example the cloak of shadows, artic wolf cloak, dragon hide cloak, ice warg cloak.

Soldier cloak and scaled cloak show up fine.

Edit: forgot to mention, Chief Gemmell and any custom sov using the new Urxen race start alone with no starting militia and spearmen.

June 30, 2013 2:48:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Version 3b is up.

It should fix all the issues reported by Nightmurderer03.

Also check out my new Age of Fangs mod. It is compatible with this one.

July 2, 2013 10:44:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A sneak peak on the new race/faction I am working on.

Blood Trait: +1 Initiative, +5 dodge.

Racial Skill: Resolve - +1 damage and +5 accuracy. Stackable.

Also Horselords now unlocks lances. Which are one-handed spears that can only be used while mounted on a horse. Lances also unlock the Trample ability which allows a unit to move 3 spaces and hurt units they pass through with a 66% chance to daze them.

July 2, 2013 10:48:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I love the idea of Lances if you can add a pike stand maneuver to regular spears that does damage reflection with a scalar against horses I think you will have solved the problem of under-powered spears by making them useful again.

July 2, 2013 11:05:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Does the Trample ability also do Damage as well?  If so, that could be a bit OP.
Does the Racial Skill work like the Burning Wraith skill (Stackable)?

I've been compiling some feedback on the last update, hope to get it over to you today.

July 2, 2013 12:10:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Now that i ve seen that pic of yours i wanted to ask something. When i make a custom kingdom race on the background of the sovereign i always have the Relias screens while when i make empire the background changes depending of the blood traid i ve chosen. Is that a bug or something?

July 2, 2013 1:46:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BernieTime,
Does the Trample ability also do Damage as well? If so, that could be a bit OP.
Does the Racial Skill work like the Burning Wraith skill (Stackable)?

I've been compiling some feedback on the last update, hope to get it over to you today.

Yes it does do damage as well. Keep in mind it's basically Impale except you move through them. Which is usually bad, as you get surrounded,  so I added something to make it better. Yes Resolve is based on Feed The Fire. A cooldown of 3 and close starting positions will keep it from being abused. I look forward to getting some feedback.

Quoting Cavil,
Now that i ve seen that pic of yours i wanted to ask something. When i make a custom kingdom race on the background of the sovereign i always have the Relias screens while when i make empire the background changes depending of the blood traid i ve chosen. Is that a bug or something?

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a bug but you can edit the background by changing the below code in the sovereigns xml

<CutSceneDataPack>KulanCutscenePack</CutSceneDataPack>

Look at the Sovs in the coreunits file or in SteamApps\common\FE Legendary Heroes\data\CutScenes\CutscenePacks_Sovereigns for all the options.

My next update will also change the bloodtraits of Capitar and Umber, and give them special abilities like all the other Races. For Capitar I'm thinking of a self buff that costs gold and for Umber a high damage attack that also hurts them.

July 2, 2013 7:20:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

cheers and thanks for the help Ds 

July 3, 2013 5:54:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I posted this in your other thread, but it didn't get a response, so I wanted to add it to this one. I have two trait ideas.

Protective: All city types can build Hedge Walls. Outposts create fences around any structure they are built next to.

By fences, I mean the same mechanic that cities use to absorb resource buildings. I am not sure if this is possible, but it would amazing if it was. It would really help a player protect their resources defensively, without having to constantly un-guard their outpost units.

Small Kingdom: You can only build three cities. These cities can choose two improvements on level up instead of one. Captured cities are converted to outposts if city limit is reached. (Perhaps an additional +1 to grain and material in each city, as well.)

July 3, 2013 12:31:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Naidrev,
Protective: All city types can build Hedge Walls. Outposts create fences around any structure they are built next to.

By fences, I mean the same mechanic that cities use to absorb resource buildings. I am not sure if this is possible, but it would amazing if it was. It would really help a player protect their resources defensively, without having to constantly un-guard their outpost units.

The first part with city walls would be doable. In fact I think it is what Defensive should do instead of such a lame bonus. I would want to create a whole new type of wall though and that would take awhile. The second part with outposts is probably impossible though. 

Quoting Naidrev,
Small Kingdom: You can only build three cities. These cities can choose two improvements on level up instead of one. Captured cities are converted to outposts if city limit is reached. (Perhaps an additional +1 to grain and material in each city, as well.)

I also really want to add some traits that make factions tall instead of wide. This method would take a ton of work however. It would basically require a overwrite of a large part of the game, and be a significant mod itself.

July 4, 2013 3:15:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok, a bit of feedback after 2 games on Large Maps in FE:LH

Mods Installed:
Add Faction/Traits Mod (Duh)
Children of the Storm
Arcane Artificers
Bound Elementals
Duke/Wolf Hero (Modified)
Necromancy Revamped
River Bridges

Custom Faction: Clydesdale
Hero: Adventurer; Air I, Tactician, Hardy, Cautious, Vulnerable to Magic ::: Equip: Spear, Certainty, Terrifying Riding Crop
Racial: Tarth
Legacy of Serrane
Master Scouts
Master Chain
Horse Lords

1st Game; Had a lot of Horse resources which in combo with the Stable/Ranch had me flooded with mounts.  [Bug?] One thing I'm not sure is intentional is that Horse Resources were able to be built on before actually acquiring Mounted Warfare.  It was nice having Mounts for Champions early, but don't think this was intended.

2nd Game; Ended up not having any Horse resources on the map at all (or Metal either, ouch).  The Stable/Ranch in this situation was plausible, just enough production to slowly trickle out Mounted Units.

Destrier; Description has legacy text re: +25 Weight Capacity (Stardock's Basic Horse still has this text too, so whatever..)

Horse Market: I'm not quite sure of the concept behind this.  What are cities doing, culling Horses for food?  I would think a market would be making money from Trading, just my interpretation.  If it were my building, would set it to generate +1 Gildar Base with a bonus per attached Wild Horse Resource.  Maybe I'm just getting hung up on the name of the Building.  Meh.

After the 1st game I'd wondered about the balance of Horses being produced, but after the 2nd game with no natural resources I think what you have is fairly balanced.

I think your proposed Blood Trait, and Racial Skill seem decent.  Most combats, that perk will likely only be able to be pumped once or maybe twice.  Curious to see how Trample works out as I use Blade Rush (Warrior Tree) quite a bit, having a built-in Daze sounds really strong.  Wonder if reducing the Range to 2 is better balanced as it only stuns a single unit per Use.
Lances sound great.  Looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Comparing your Mod with Legacy of Serrane makes me think Stardock should have increased the production cost of Warhorses as they're so strong in play.

Seeing as you're tooling around with Horses, perhaps create a new Customization Weakness [Equinophobia] barring the custom faction from building Mounted Units.  I'd say it would be on par with No Armor and No Ranged Weapons.  Not like you aren't busy enough  =P

Hope you found any of this helpful..

July 4, 2013 4:12:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That is too bad, but thank you for considering it. Adding the ability for all cities to make walls would be a nice change to defensive, though.

Could you go into more detail about what you mean by making factions tall instead of wide?

July 4, 2013 8:26:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tall: a few big, well-resourced and well-developed cities.  Wide: lots of smaller, less developed and less resourced cities.

July 4, 2013 11:10:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good Morning

I've be holding back and not installing this mod to-date. Reason is that LH already provides Capitar and Umber. I know that you put you're versions together in light of the two factions being removed since FE beta, but now that they exist, why are they still there....or at the very least, renamed into custom factions?

That said, I was wondering how difficult it would be to split your mod into two: First mod being the faction traits, and the second mod being the custom factions that requires the faction traits mod.

I'm very hesitant to add in custom factions, as when I do try them out...find them to generally be quite over powered in some fashion.

In addition, I see that you are shy on weaknesses. There a reason for that?

Thanks

July 4, 2013 11:43:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to Version 3c

The reason I redo Capitar and Umber is that I feel they were not done properly. When they added them to LH they didn't change anything from their incomplete FE versions. They didn't give them blood abilities like every other faction, they reused existing traits, and the traits they have are largely pointless and sporadic. I just can't look at them and see complete factions. Also Umber is basically just a worse version of Yithril, they even look the exactly the same.

In the latest version if you don't want the factions just delete the Addfactions, AddOver, and AddSovs files. Although please try them out first, I put a lot of work into them.

I had more weaknesses but they won't work in LH and I just haven't been focusing on adding more.

July 5, 2013 3:55:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, quick update.  Time to start a new game

Notes on 3c which I may update in this post over time

Hero Creation Screen; Destriers are available at a 0 point cost and all Lances at 0 cost
Chose Basic Steel Lance as I think was intended
Sovereign started without any subordinates (typically spearman/guardian)
Control-N cycling through starting points until I see a Horse Resource (Keeping in Theme as Horse Lords)

Added:  Now that I have the ability to create a Mounted Unit with Lances, there's something wrong with how it's tallying the Mounted Stat Unit value in the design screen.  The Lances appear, but are greyed out.  I hit Control-R to see if maybe there was something buried in the Tech Trees that I missed, but the problem still persists.  Lances are unavailable for Designing Units.  Also Noticed that the Header/Title for Lances (in Design) is listed as Spears, not sure if that's an issue.

No default units appear in the Unit Design Screen.  I can see they exist in the XML as Mundura

Stopping this game as I'm not really able to test anything further with Lances being broken.

July 6, 2013 12:12:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Uploaded new version that fixes all reported bugs except...

Quoting BernieTime,
Added: Now that I have the ability to create a Mounted Unit with Lances, there's something wrong with how it's tallying the Mounted Stat Unit value in the design screen. The Lances appear, but are greyed out. I hit Control-R to see if maybe there was something buried in the Tech Trees that I missed, but the problem still persists. Lances are unavailable for Designing Units. Also Noticed that the Header/Title for Lances (in Design) is listed as Spears, not sure if that's an issue.

I have a similar issue although it worked fine if I clicked the upgrade bottom by giving me the best lance. I don't see what is causing it but it can be worked around. Also the default units are set to the faction not the race. For custom factions you can just create your own.

Edit: Oh ya and Lances won't work on Warhorses.

July 6, 2013 12:40:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I could click the upgrade option fine, but it only equips them with the basic spear.  Just to confirm it was the mounted stat that was screwing it up i removed the prereq and can now select them fine.

July 6, 2013 1:05:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am very glad that this mod has been redone for LH: it was one of those I can't play without! (Much like Stormworld). Now that you are also adding even more traits and factions (the bandits one seems really cool), I have more reasons to love it. 

As to Naidrev's comment:

There's actually a mod somewhere called Engineering (or something like that) which adds the faction trait of being able to build walls everywhere and some extra tidbits (road building for units; particular rules for outposts...). It is very nice, and it seems compatible with everything. I actually used that mod and this one to make my own custom faction of researchers (Engineering + Scholars + Archeology + Defensive + Skepticism makes an interesting combination for a technology-focused faction).

July 6, 2013 6:13:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

New game, playing custom Hashaini.  It started with the faction units, which is nice because my Sovereign hates to work alone.  The one odd thing though is that I still don't see any of your pre-designed units in the training window.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time: