[eMOD] - Alternative Master Quest: The Lost Forge v1.2

By on June 24, 2013 11:45:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

davrovana

Join Date 05/2009
+60

THE LOST FORGE

[Here is one course history took, after the Cataclysm...] 

A Fallen survivor, by miracle, accounted that he himself did see Imperium split and crumble as Cataclysm took the world. And the Forge of the Overlord itself did fall below the ground as it shook, and opened.

In Cataclysm was the miraculous power of The Forge Of The Overlord wiped from Elemental, along with the terror of the Titans.
And some say, this is no loss, but a blessing. For it was the Forge's power that enticed and guided the Titans to our world.
If the Forge still stood, it would surely inspire terrible greed once more.

------------------------------------------

This is a quest that will begin shortly after turn 200. You know how you can sometimes get bored around turn 200, because
you know you've won? Happens in all 4X games.

This quest is a challenge meant to change that. But it also tells a story inspired by the Legendary Heroes campaign, some
late game random events buried inside Legendary Heroes, and the game's background lore.

THE LOST FORGE v1.2 for Legendary Heroes v1.3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvc06e5ol7cyduz/Lost_Forge_1.2.rar

The Lost Forge 1.2, Children Of Storm compatible:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdv7l6gl7obpxz2/Lost_Forge_CoS_1.2.rar

Between Life and Death includes a variation of this mod that allows it to be started by the player, not turn count.

MOD NOTES:

-This quest is VERY HARD (it advertises as "Weak" do not be fooled!). Be prepared to lose!

INSTALLATION:

-To play, extract the .rar you chose above file into:

"C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\My Documents\My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods"

If you create its own folder within "/Mods" and extract the files there ("/Mods/ROVANA_Quest_Forge/" for instance), that will
work fine, and is easier for organization if you have other mods installed.

-Legendary Heroes must then start up with the "use Mods" setting already on. Quickest way is to open "Prefs" in

C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\My Documents\My Games\LegendaryHeroes

And set "EnableMods" to "EnableMods=1"

Then start Legendary Heroes, and start a new game!

COMPATIBILITY:

-The Children Of Storm compatible file should speak for itself. Parrotmath says his mods should not conflict with anything in this one, or
vice versa.

-This mod disables traditional Spell Of Making victory. The spell can still be cast, but is attainable by different means.
Tower Of The Sword, Witch, and Padars can still be built as normal.

-This quest is a random event. "Random Events" must be set to Less Often, Default, or More Often. Otherwise the quest will
not trigger. If you hate random events, set to "Less Often." This quest will still trigger.

THANK YOU TO:

-Heavenfall and Parrotmath for their help. These guys are the lifeblood of the FE/LH modding community.

-Brad, Derek, and everyone working on this game at Stardock, who inspired me to write this.

Locked Post 25 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 25, 2013 1:01:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi, 

I installed the mod.  However, the quest kicks in near the beginning of any new game I start (within the first 5 turns).

June 25, 2013 8:45:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fixed, thank you.

June 25, 2013 9:36:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Couple of logistics questions:

You mention this as being your second master quest. Where is the first ? (or is the default the first)

Is it a replacement effect or can you still do the default master quest while this mod is loaded?

Will be downloading when I get home.

June 25, 2013 10:19:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

You mention this as being your second master quest. Where is the first ? (or is the default the first)

Is it a replacement effect or can you still do the default master quest while this mod is loaded?

It is meant to be an alternative to the master quest. "Master Quest" defined as a quest you complete, and then the game is won (though depending on your choices, this may turn out differently). 

The default master quest is untouched, and remains as the first option. I just wanted there to be a harder option. 

Since Spell Of Making is disabled by this mod, you could think of magic victory being converted into a second master quest.

June 27, 2013 1:10:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Downloaded, will try

June 29, 2013 2:37:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Downloaded. Will try.

June 29, 2013 4:37:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Lol. Nice blizzard mobs, I almost lost to them

June 30, 2013 5:28:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Question:

Is this quest suppose to start up on the summer of 193 ?

July 2, 2013 7:20:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Turn 175. Problems?

July 25, 2013 4:07:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some changes will be required for v1.3, new version in the works.

July 31, 2013 11:14:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to Lost Forge v1.1. For Legendary Heroes v1.2 and 1.3beta.

August 1, 2013 10:36:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cool, gonna give it a try tonight in a 1.3beta game.

August 4, 2013 10:00:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Very nice this mod and very challenging, now i enable magic victory .

It would be nice if this replaced the original master quest or if the original master quest could be overhauled, its too easy.

Also a minor issue, did you notice the "final enemies"(to avoid spoilers) belong to the race of men?, that looked completely out of place, i know their race doesn't exist in the vanilla game but it at least put elemental or something else in there .

Thanks for this!.

August 5, 2013 11:36:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Nightmurderer03,

Very nice this mod and very challenging, now i enable magic victory .

If you delete "ROVANA Forge_override.xml" then the standard magic victory is no longer disabled by the mod.

Thanks for the feedback.

August 5, 2013 8:13:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No i believe i didn't express myself correctly, i hate the original magic victory it feels too cheap and always turned it off until this mod came and made it fun to turn it on again .

I was just saying that the original master quest in the vanilla game its too easy while yours is truly challenging and fun.

Cheers!

August 5, 2013 8:54:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Nightmurderer03,

Also a minor issue, did you notice the "final enemies"(to avoid spoilers) belong to the race of men?, that looked completely out of place, i know their race doesn't exist in the vanilla game but it at least put elemental or something else in there .

I know exactly what you mean, I just ported the units in question as they were - race and all- from very rare random events when they appear in the standard release game.

Thanks again for your opinion.

August 9, 2013 2:29:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This mod really has made the magic victory an interesting option again. Thanks a ton.

August 9, 2013 3:04:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Dumhed,

This mod really has made the magic victory an interesting option again. Thanks a ton.

My pleasure. Thanks for the feedback.

August 30, 2013 10:51:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to v1.2

September 1, 2013 9:53:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Adjusted Enemy set to no longer include Fear ability. After Fear was buffed in Legendary Heroes 1.3, some battles became unfair when a Fear-triggering unit was present.

Should still be very hard. Especially if played on world difficulty expert or higher.

September 4, 2013 8:31:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi Davrovana,

The quest isn't triggering for me anymore in the newest version, turn 217 and i could have sworn in previous games/versions it triggered in season 175, im not using cos and the only big mod im using is demons and wizards.

Keep up the good work!

September 4, 2013 8:50:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It triggers later now, I changed it. Let me know if it shows up too late for you, still not sold on the best trigger turn.

March 24, 2014 1:20:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just installed this mod. I followed the instructions as mentioned in start post. When I now start a new game how can I see that the mod was succesfully installed and is active, now?

March 24, 2014 5:39:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Makkaroni,

I just installed this mod. I followed the instructions as mentioned in start post. When I now start a new game how can I see that the mod was succesfully installed and is active, now?

You can't - but you'll notice come turn 225.

March 27, 2014 3:32:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes. Suddenly the Lost Forge appears on the map.

F.y.i. The mod works for patch 1.5.

I could not really find a strategy to win against the Demon Lords. Their Drain Life spells are so powerful that my heroes are dead when they get a chance to cast it. So it was reloading and hoping that I can kill them before they get a chance. Sometime I made it but I do not like this 20 time reload - strategy.

Another bit I don not like - which is not related to this mod - is that the damage a hero can do is too variable. Sometime my hero is doing 20-30 pt damage and then (Assassin) it is 900.

No question, this game provides some fun but it is not good balanced.  I'm looking forward to Age of Wonders 3 ...

Have fun!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time: