[eMOD][LH 1.1] Heroic Pursuits 0.91 - Levelling Traits, Abilities, Spells + More

By on May 31, 2013 4:08:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

bluegreen0

Join Date 02/2009
+1

Heroic Pursuits Mod - V0.91

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adds 113 New Levelling Traits arranged into the General and Speciality Trees. Also 8 Spells, 8 Abilities, 7 New Buildings, 17 Tiles, New Resource+World Resource, 3 Units and some extra goody hut weapons and armor. Any suggestions/Improvements/Additions/Submissions welcome to improve balancing. Remember this mod adds a lot of stuff just for the hell of it, and not for the quality over quantity types players.

General

CHANGELOG AT BOTTOM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For FE:Legendary Heroes v1.1

ABOUT
------
This mod adds a large amount of new traits that fit into the current trait trees in the game. No traits have been changed or modified, these traits have simply been added. Therefore other mods that use traits would be possible if they didn't occupy the same spots on the trees.

Its now possible to make more hybrid kind of characters as the different trees now contain some useful bonuses that aren't directly related to their tree. For example assassins can get some attack and defense, warriors can get some critical hit and damage, defenders can get some attack, etc.. All trees have many new traits.

The biggest amount of new traits are contained within the General tree and includes some high level requirement traits that give nice boosts and extra accessory traits. Remember to scroll down while in the General tree and possibly the other trees to get to additional traits.

FEATURES
---------

* +113 Additional Traits trainable my your Sovereign, Champions and Henchmen.
* +8 Spells that depend on some of the new traits
* +8 Traits Abilities
* A New World Resource - Arcalite
* New World Resource Spawn
* +7 Completely New Buildings Built from Scratch with customized icon - Also upgrade your new building using the new world resource.
* +17 New Tiles
* Additional modified weapons that you can find as rewards (no new models but retextures)
* Additional modified armor that you can find as rewards (no new models but retextures)
* +3 units that are summoned and can be found around.

The traits include modified existing icons (recoloured/slightly changed) so they will not look the same as current traits.

COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER MODS
--------------------------------
Should work fine with any mods that don't change or add Traits themselves. However if they don't overlap the positions I have used it is still possible.

Anyway here is the 'HP COS Comptability File 1.1C' that you can use to make this mod compatable with it for now. Simply overwrite to 'Documents/My Games/Legendary Heroes/Mods' after you installed that mod. Traits from the mod will then be located far below the traits from my mod instead of at the top.

SUGGESTIONS/HELP
------------------

I am open to any suggestions with the mod, or any new traits they you guys make and where I can include them in the mod. Any nice icons for existing traits or ones that you create would be awesome

INSTALLATION
-------------

Simply unzip the folders contained within the zip file to your 'Documents\My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods' folder. Remember after launching to go to Options and click 'Enable Mods' and restart the game if you haven't done so already.

DOWNLOAD
-----------

Click the below links to download the mod from either of these sites (Nexus Link also contains Children of Storm Compatibility fix for v1.1C of that mod) :

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.91 FE NEXUS

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.91 WINCUSTOMIZE

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.91 DROPBOX

CHANGELOGS
-----------

0.701 Fixed Serious Error causing games to not Reload, Please RE-DOWNLOAD

0.725 - 5 New Traits, 1 New Spell, 1 Unique summoned Unit (Some custom equip), 1 New Weapon, 1 New Armor (recolours)

0.73 - 1 New Traits, 1 New Armor (for Summoned Unit), Rebalancing of Useless Unit.

0.8 - 10 New Traits, 5 New Trait Abilities, 1 New Spell, 2 New Units (Restat/Recolour), Additional Item, Further Unit/Trait Re-balancing

0.82 - 3 New Enhancement Traits for new Ability Traits, 2 New Armor Pieces (Retextures)

0.9 - Restructured Trait Tree for more space/better organization, Add New Resource, Added Resource Spawn, Added 5 New Buildings completely made from scratch, 13 New Tiles, 8 New Traits, 1 New Spell (uses new resource), 2 New Abilities (1 Uses new resource)

0.91 - Some Improving of underpowered Traits, 2 New Abilities, 1 New Trait Ability, 1 New Spell, Added 2 New Buildings completely made from scratch, 4 New Tiles.

Locked Post 57 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 31, 2013 4:59:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Odinlowbane for how you place the traits you need to change this section

<PerkTreePosX>2</PerkTreePosX>
            <PerkTreePosY>2</PerkTreePosY>

The first one X being the space long the grid and Y behing the row. 0,0 for example would be the first place on the first row.

May 31, 2013 5:21:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I cannot find .725 at the Wincustomize link. Has it been uploaded there?

May 31, 2013 9:08:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, Wincustomize links seem to take awhile to show up to the public.

And thank you *so* much for being so considerate as to maintain a compatibility patch for Children of Storm.  I look forward to trying the new version as soon as a link is up!

May 31, 2013 11:08:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah NP on the comptability Link as I want to be able to play COS as its such a great Mod.

AS for the download i did a dropbox link, its a shame Nexus isnt working and Wincustomise just takes forever to update my new versions. Remember COS 1.0 is out so redownload my compatability file and overwrite after you have installed that mod and this mod.

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.73 DROPBOX

May 31, 2013 4:09:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This mod is amazing, my favorite part of legendary heroes is the heroes and this make sthem fun to level

May 31, 2013 11:20:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks Im glad you like it, I was actually just messing around with the traits for myself and before i knew it I had done like 30 or so and decided to turn it into a mod. Ive been playing a long game on huge map with 20 opponents with this mod for quite a few hours and my own and haven't had any problems so far.

Btw Nexus is up again ...

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.73 FE NEXUS

Updated COS FIle too 'COS 1b Compotability File'

June 1, 2013 5:42:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok I want to use this with COS but most importantly I want to use your BGtraits. What is the best way to do this? 

June 1, 2013 11:00:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is a good mod, with Champion Bonanza.  I look forward to the diverse heroes and levelling them now!

June 2, 2013 2:28:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks but I;m working on polishing things up and adding/changing traits with new combat abilities and stuff.

Cohka you can want to use this mod with COS mod? if so just install them both and then use the extra compatibility file (I added new one for 1C below) and overwrite.

COS 1C COMPATIBILITY FILE

June 2, 2013 2:59:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.8 FE NEXUS

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.8 WINCUSTOMIZE

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.8 DROPBOX

Heys guys I just got 0.8 up now, I worked on making some actual new abilities to go with the trait trees I already have. I also tried to put in some new thoughtful trait additions as well.

0.8 - 10 New Traits, 5 New Trait Abilities, 1 New Spell, 2 New Units (Restat/Recolour), Additional Item, Further Unit/Trait Rebalancing

June 2, 2013 3:24:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

bluegreen0, I have some suggestions for improved compatability with Children of Storm.

In Children of Storm, and the Unitstat background library, I add unitstats as markers to unittypes. For example, an obsidian dragon has the following extra unitstats on level 1

<UnitStat_BG_IsMonster>1</UnitStat_BG_IsMonster>
      <UnitStat_BG_IsDragon>1</UnitStat_BG_IsDragon>

and the following bonusabilityoptions

<SelectedAbilityBonusOption>UnitStat_BG_IsImmortalAbility</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>
    <SelectedAbilityBonusOption>UnitStat_BG_IsOversizedAbility</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>
    <SelectedAbilityBonusOption>UnitStat_BG_IsFlyingAbility</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>

These are used by CoS for various calculations and modifiers.

To improve the compatability between your mod and CoS, I think you should add a couple of unitstats to your unittype file. You can add it to the main file. If the unitstats /abilitybonusoptions do not exist (no CoS installed) then the game will simply ignore them.

I have a proposal for a new unittype file here: http://pastebin.com/NWLtksbr

I also noticed you have this in your weapons file

<GameModifier>
                <ModType>Unit</ModType>
                <Attribute>AdjustUnitStat</Attribute>
                <StrVal>UnitStat_BashChance</StrVal>
                <Value>150</Value>
                <Provides>Enhanced Bash- Has a chance equal to 150% of the damage done to knocking the victim prone</Provides>
            </GameModifier>

have you tested that the value can go above 100? Because I don't think it can.

June 2, 2013 3:28:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ahh!  I didn't realize that file was to be used "in addition" to the others. Got it. Thanks.

June 2, 2013 4:52:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heya Heavenfall thanks I will definitely do that, as for the club bash thing yeah I did look at it and it seemed okay but you might be right. I woulda thought 150% damage would be an acceptable value :/

Btw I was trying to make a skill move that caused you to summon a tactical creature at the same time as you hit a enemy; after trying masses of different combinations I actually got it to work but it would cause the heros move to freeze up still instead of moving on to whoever next move it was. Any ideas if its possible at all?

June 2, 2013 5:00:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I haven't tried that anywhere.

June 2, 2013 5:21:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting bluegreen0,
I woulda thought 150% damage would be an acceptable value :/

I never really thought about what the bashchance really means. Does it mean that the unit is always bashing and the chance for the other unit to be knocked prone is determined by the damage vs. the prone avoidance of the target.

Or does it mean the way you are using it, as a multiplier to the damage for a total chance vs. prone avoidance. Only someone with deeper knowledge could enlighten us.

June 3, 2013 12:47:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This MOD really lets you give some uniqueness to your Champions.

Instead of sitting in a city, I am starting to want to lvl up new Champs.

My playstyle will never let me MAX a Champ, but now I can have a lot more utility to the Champs I do have.

Champion Bonanza was my favorite MOD and I hope this Heroic Traits makes those new Champs even better.

I'm sure there are some unbalance issues with all of these new traits, but I could care less.

Really like this MOD, great job.

June 6, 2013 9:27:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Question...COS is now 1.1a, is your mod still compatible with COS?

June 7, 2013 4:14:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah sorry about that Ive fallen behind schedule a bit Ive been really damn ill lately. Anyway I'm gonna update the mod in a bit and I will make a new compatibility file anyways even if it might not be needed to help avoid confusion.

June 7, 2013 6:50:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Okay guys I added a couple more Traits and added some new armor that is re-textured and looks pretty good. I really needed to sort a update

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.82 FE NEXUS

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.82 WINCUSTOMIZE

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.82 DROPBOX

June 8, 2013 3:07:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hope you feel better!

June 11, 2013 10:55:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Heya guys I did quite a bit of work on getting some stuff done on my mod lately and have made a new resource, that also spawns in the world and is earned via traits. This resource can then be used to construct a new chain of buildings that I made from scratch with completely new tiles and icons. Also I made it so some powerful abilities and spells use the resource. Also theres more traits, spells, abilities etc..

Anyway here we go....

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.9 FE NEXUS

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.9 WINCUSTOMIZE

HEROIC PURSUITS 0.9 DROPBOX

June 13, 2013 2:18:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dang you and your awesome updates. Now I gotta start a new game. Such torture. But it's gotta be done.

June 18, 2013 6:44:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome mod (I use it in complement to Immersion).

June 20, 2013 1:56:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was excited to try this out.  In my experience it's been a bit of a mixed bag. 

- The trees are now so diverse that the AI Player is investing points on Heroes that don't really benefit them.  A case of Too Much of a Good Thing

- Some graphic issues.  On some Heroes, displays just fine.  Other Heroes the Trait Trees are offset with the Starter Trait being closer to the middle of the screen rather than on the far left.

- Love the new Resource and Buildings

- Some problems with the Urxen Witch Mod in the Trait Tree

- IMO the General Trees need to be tightened up a bit to be more impactful/desirable.  In many cases the additions aren't as strong a pick as the pre-existing Traits.  This would be a different story if Champions were given a free pick from the General Traits tree every 3-4 levels.  My Heroes may hit levels 14-18 in a typical game making Trait selection fairly tight.

- Love the "Hero" tree with level reqs.

June 20, 2013 3:36:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

LOVING this so far.  I have not found any graphical issues like Bernie has said; everything looks great in my experience (is it possible you have a mod conflict BernieTime?).  I personally enjoy the vast diversity your new traits offer.  Although I haven't attempted to examine closely how the AI handles the new traits, but I have noticed an element of unpredictability in certain classes handled by the AI (which is a plus in my book).  I find the new acralite features to fit into the game wonderfully.  All in all, fantastic work so far.

Found one bug: When you cue the 'Acralite Foundation' to be built, and you then cancel its construction before it even gets started, the required 25 acralite will still be removed from the acralite pool, never to return.  I assume the 25 acralite should not be consumed until it this structure is actually built.  I have not tried this with other acralite-related buildings, but perhaps the same is the case -- I haven't checked.

Also, while not a bug (more of just a minor nuisance regarding UI), it would be nice if the option to construct these acralite-related buildings wasn't available in the town 'Build' list until you actually start acquiring acralite.  Not sure if this is possible, but it just seems to take up space in the list for no reason in early-game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001219   Page Render Time: