What would you like to seein patches?

By on May 27, 2013 8:29:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Zatsuya

Join Date 02/2008

Though I have only had a few hours with FE:LH so far, I have to say I love a lot of the improvements, principle of which is the skill tree system. However the one thing I would like to see is larger maps. During FE I played only a few games, but were they games. There was a mod that expanded the random map sizes enormously and I enjoyed the large games far more than the smaller ones I have now. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but for me the really get a feel for the world of elemental the map needs to be huge and teeming with wild lands and monsters that you have to bash your way through before the kingdoms can even meet and go to war (save those instances when you were spawned close. So for me I would like to see stupidly large random maps in a patch or even DLC.

Locked Post 42 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 27, 2013 9:05:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Multiplayer

64-bit .exe

Steam workshop

May 27, 2013 11:21:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bug fixes

Non-cheating AI (i.e. AI actually needing resources to build stuff)

Ages old issues addressed (poor unit selection), overall balance improved

May 27, 2013 11:26:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Make Diplomacy matter.

Fix the unit upgrade screen.

Separate magical and non magical weapons and armor on the unit design screen.

A means for deleting custom factions, sovereigns and units, permanently.

Female henchmen.

Better AI.

Steam Workshop.

May 27, 2013 11:50:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
Multiplayer

64-bit .exe

Steam workshop

Awesome, where do I sign up?

May 27, 2013 11:51:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Gandalftheredskin,
Make Diplomacy matter.

And i'll take one of those also, thanks.   

May 27, 2013 12:01:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

New GUI

May 27, 2013 12:04:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

All the above

+ unlimited zoom in battle maps.

May 27, 2013 1:53:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Better diplomatic AI (I mistakenly think that I have a stronger army then you, so I declare suicide!)

Better stack of doom AI.

Better skill trees.

More faction differentiation.

With these 4 things I would be 100% content with the game.

May 27, 2013 2:02:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

On order of biggest impact from 0-10 in exponential scale:

10 - Multiplayer

5 - Better AI

4 - Content

3 - Bug fixes

May 27, 2013 2:17:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

improved documentation/tooltips would be a good start. there are a lot of concepts in the game that are really poorly communicated.

a few balance tweaks would probably also improve the game (remove the absurdly OP heart of fire/aura of grace enchants for example)

other than that, i'm pretty content with the game. AI could be a bit smarter, but i guess that's not really the kind of "low hanging fruit" you can easily implement without significant investment of time/money.

May 27, 2013 7:02:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

How is multiplayer more important than bug fixes?  How is multiplayer even important at all?  Who has enough time on their hands to play a turn-based strat game of this depth where the other players' turns are not calculated instantly?  No offense but multiplayer is beneath the bottom of my list.

May 27, 2013 7:08:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Karma for Heavenfall. 

Make it happen! 

May 27, 2013 7:44:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting CaptainMonkey,

How is multiplayer more important than bug fixes?  How is multiplayer even important at all?  Who has enough time on their hands to play a turn-based strat game of this depth where the other players' turns are not calculated instantly?  No offense but multiplayer is beneath the bottom of my list.

Mainly because the game, at its state is playable without bug fixes, or that the majority of the bugs can be sorted out by modders.

Fixing all of the bugs, to me, would improve the gameplay by a bit. It would feel polished, sure. However playing with my friends allows me to enjoy the game far more.

May 27, 2013 7:48:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Better AI. Spiders that don't web archers. Diplomatic options equal to Gal Civ II, and without the bugs that have been in the game since at least FE .85.

May 27, 2013 9:07:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd like to see:

-Multiplayer

-64 bit .exe

-The River City Bridge (Mod in main game)

-Tiles that utilize the terrain more, like my swamp tiles.

-Female Henchman (or at least an generic_other2 button with functionality)

May 28, 2013 8:16:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The ability to change the various faction colors, as they can be hard to differentiate, especially in the early game.

May 28, 2013 9:41:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Do you city defenders still disappear upon the second attack on your city? Cause, if so then that is definately on my list. In addition, AI city defenders should not be reset upon every attack on their city. Subsequent attacks within the same round should weaken their city defenders...aka....a memory of their HP and deaths should be tracked across each round. (same should be done for player's city defenders)

Scouts set to be the unit that creates outposts. Pioneers should only be set to create cities. PLEASE

May 28, 2013 12:00:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Review and correct all the text.  Some are misleading due to changes and will cause confusion with newbies.

A clickable button to do a Quick Save.  I have to do it often in fear of crashes.  Also have buttons for all the other hot keys that I don't know about.

Lower the unrest penalty for multiple cities and for occupation.  It makes more sense to raze captured cites than trying to make use of them, especially with a huge map.   Modify the unrest penalty for not being connected to the capital; make it dependent on connecting with other cities instead of just the capital.

Allow changing ownership of outposts and resources to a different city.   I hate it when a new city has to develop an existing resource or when they get assigned to a city that is further away.  Change distance measurement to conform to Pythagorean Theorem.

Huge monsters are a pain in combat.  Cannot tell when my unit is next to them due to them occupying several tiles.  Cannot see around them.

Change battle terrain so that units do not get hidden under trees.   Better contrast so that possible moves are more visible, especially against white background.

When Zone of Control changes, update map at beginning of turn.

May 28, 2013 12:10:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Increase fame when defeating an army, capturing a city, destroying a faction.   Decrease fame when losing.

Doubling fame required for next champion is too onerous.  Once fame==200, increments should be just 200.  Once you get to fame==400, there's little opportunity to increase it.

May 28, 2013 2:16:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd like the city build queue to be easier to rearrange.  It seems like I have 7-8 things queued up due to expanding borders around resources, then I suddenly need to train a unit. I still haven't figured out how to move that new unit from the back of the line on page 2 to the beginning without dropping some items from the queue.

I'd also like the collapsible quick view for units, cities, and quests on the left side of the window to act a little differently.  If I collapse the city view, for example, I'd like it to stay collapsed, but any cities that need attention will pop back out and still display below.  Even on small maps, I end up with more cities than can fit on a single screen, and the scroll functionality is a little quirky.

The bug fixes comes next.  For instance, I can't seem to move properly in the wildlands tactical map.  My units run to a completely different square than I was trying to send them to.

May 28, 2013 2:26:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting emileer,

I'd like the city build queue to be easier to rearrange.  It seems like I have 7-8 things queued up due to expanding borders around resources, then I suddenly need to train a unit. I still haven't figured out how to move that new unit from the back of the line on page 2 to the beginning without dropping some items from the queue.

you can use the mouse wheel to swap the pages while "holding" the item with the mouse button. not very comfortable, but it works. a better, more intuitive solution would be preferable, though. 

May 28, 2013 2:40:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Azunai_,

Quoting emileer, reply 20

you can use the mouse wheel to swap the pages while "holding" the item with the mouse button. not very comfortable, but it works. a better, more intuitive solution would be preferable, though. 

I'll give that a try tonight.  Thanks!  

May 28, 2013 3:38:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Azunai_,

Hmm, that's not what I do.  I click and drag the icon off the left side of the queue and it flicks to the previous page where I can then drop it wherever I like.

May 28, 2013 5:13:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Assuming by "patches" you mean DLC - either paid or free, else bug fixes.

64 bit

steam workshop/better mod support - no more core files!

Content - itemization, heroes, abilities, etc

More unique factions with interesting mechanics (type of content)

A way to speed up mid/late game - increased movement maybe?  (by the way, I LOVE how multiple combats can happen in one turn). 

IMO - ignore scenarios/multi-player.   If you plan on pursuing multi-player, please do some serious research in terms of how many people that would benefit for development cost - rather than a vocal minority (which i guess is true for anything...)

May 28, 2013 6:33:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

On the item trading screen, change the "Equip" and "Trade and Equip" buttons to "Equip/Use" and Trade and Equip/Use" so books and other consumable items can be used from the trading screen.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time: