[eMODS][Last Updated: 11-12-2013] Parrottmath's mod collection for LH

By on May 25, 2013 1:17:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

parrottmath

Join Date 03/2008
+206

I will place here my entire collection of mods that are made for LH specifically in one place. Currently I've not updated all of them yet, but I'll slowly post up new changes. (All of these files are desgined to be extracted to the \mods folder, i.e. documents\my games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods) Be sure to have mods enabled to use them if you use that folder.

The notable change-log is in post 2

***you must start a NEW game to see any changes --- your save files store all the previous xml data***

The version numbers will be updated as I go along.

The List: (Last Updated: 11/12/2013) Added Sacrificial Elementals

[v2.0] SNAKING: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/Snaking/SnakingLHv2_0.zip

- enables the user to build piers and logging camps whenever their city is near a river or forest (not just the city hub, any part of the city)

[v1.2] HENCHWOMEN: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/HenchmanFemale/HenchmanFemalev1_2.zip

--- QUESTPACK DLC VERSION: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/HenchmanFemale/HenchmanFemalev1_2QDLC.zip

- enables the user to EDIT these henchwomen to make female henchmen as well as their male counterparts.

- Adds a quest where you can get Francine a candle bearer. A rather unique quest with a surprise fight in a tower.

[v1.0] RIVER BRIDGE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/RiverBridge/RiverBridgev1_0.zip

- enables the user to build a bridge when reaching a river. Once built it allows you to build your city on the other side of the river.

[v0.96] ARMORED MILITIA: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/Militia%20Armor/Militia%20Armorv0_96.zip

- adds the ability for militia to have weak armor when researching high level techs in the tree.

[v0.85] TENTSTYLE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/TentStyle/TentStylev0_85.zip

- adds an entire new building style with 85+ new building designed around tents. Most tiles do not utilize the height and are just tents.

***SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALL*** To install extract all the files into your mods directory. The second step is to remove the factions you do NOT want to have the tent style building for your game. The tent style is designed around the kingdoms and so all the kingdoms are listed in the game. For those playing Child of the Storm the Centaurs have the tent style set up for this class (per their lore) *** For any custom faction (race) you create you need only add the line <BuildingStyle>TentStyle</BuildingStyle> in the race config and your custom faction will be using tents.

[v0.85] HENCHMAN MAY DIE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/nonChampionsDie/nonChampionsDiev0_85.zip

- Provides an injury only obtainable by henchmen that will kill them the next time you enter a tactical battle and they die.

[v0.7] WONDER BASE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/WondersBase/WonderBasev0_7.zip

- Provides similar bases to all the world wonders, and takes 90% of the time to build, at a fraction of the bonus. If you complete these bases, then you can build the last 10% and make the world wonder of full effect. Essentially the world wonders are no longer removed from your que when someone starts building them.

[v1.0] SWAMP TILES: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/SwampTiles/SwampTilesv1_0.zip

- Adds new improvements that allows you to build whenever your city hub is next to a swamp. These improvements provide your units with fire or toxic attack.

[v1.0] DEATH ADEPTS: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/DeathAbility/DeathAbilityv1_0.zip

- adds for henchmen the death adept ability and removes the life adept ability for fallen empire using the race of men. You will only notice a change if you make a custom faction with the race of men.

[v1.0] QUEST MAN UNDER THE TREE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/Quest_ManUnderTheTree/Quest_ManUnderTheTreev1_0.zip (Special thanks to DsRaider for the Improvement Icon)

- Adds a new quest, where you can obtain a city improvement called the Gildar Tree. This was specially made for Trojasmic as it was his quest idea.

[v0.86] KINGDOM BINDINGS: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/BindingElementals/BindingElementalsv0_86.zip

- Adds a new version of binding for kingdom custom factions, with somewhat new elementals.

- Adds the Glass Elemental - the uncorrupted version of the mirror elemental

- Adds the Inferno Spirit - the uncorrupted version of the Burning Wraith

- Adds the Eagle Spirit - the uncorrupted version of the Crow Demon

- Adds the Perlite Elemental - the uncorrupted version of the Grave Elemental

- Adds the Iru Servant - the uncorrupted version of the Cyndrum Demon

- Adds Angelic Shortsword

- Adds Weak Gladiator Armor

[v1.1] MAUL DEBUFF CHANGE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/MaulChange/MaulChangev1_1.zip

- Changes the Maul ability to lose 10% accuracy plus 10 more.

- Changes the Maul ability to lose 10% damage plus 2 more. Prevents the infinite maul syndrome for prone troops.

[v0.6] AI and Immunity: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/AI%20Fixes/AI%20Spell/AISpellCollectionUpdatev0_6.zip

- Updates the AI to consider some immunities when using fire attacks, lightning attacks, and cold attacks

*** When 1.3 comes out this mod may be part of the main game or an unnecessary mod ***

*** The last feature of this mod, AI doesn't attack units with attack < 5, may become mute with the next update ***

[v1.1] SUMMONER UNITS: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/Summoner%20Units/Summoner%20UnitsLHv1_1.zip

- Adds a trainable unit that has the ability to summon either an earth, ice, air, or fire elemental.

- Adds an ability for custom unit designs to summon either an earth, ice, air, or fire elemental.

- Adds 4 new quests where you can get a special powerful summoner unit upon completion

- CoS compatible version - install this version if you are using CoS - note you will have to design your own summoner units for the added factions. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/Summoner%20Units/Summoner%20UnitsCOSLHv1_1.zip

[v0.95] ARMOR ATTRIBUTES: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/ArmorAttributes/ArmorAttributesv0_95.zip

- Stops the player from using a chain armor ability in unit design when the faction only has the ability light plate

- Stops the player from using both Armor proficiencies when using a faction that has the weakness no armor

- Updated Wraith Units to not have the Armor Prerequisites, the stock faction has no armor as default faction choice. Note: Does not interfere with custom Wraith factions that choose to have armor.

- Updated quite a few AI designs to utilize the new prereqs and other AI updates

[v0.90] SACRIFICIAL ELEMENTALS:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/ElementalSuits/ElementalSuitsv0_9.zip

The war against the fallen enchantress has gotten desperate and willing men and women sacrifice themselves to the elements to help combat the growing fallen empire.

- Adds 4 elemental suits as special units to train for the Amarian race - Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth

-- Fire gives the wearer fire attack bonus as well as decent armor

-- Ice give the wearer cold attack bonus and whenever struck the opponent is stricken with -3 to initiative

-- Lightning gives the wearer lightning damage as well as the ability to teleport across the battlefield

-- Earth gives the wearer toxic damage as well as great armor. Including the ability to hurl boulders at the opponents

- For those with the Alignment of Kingdom - Life Elemental Suit - Gives the user the ability to cast shrink on the opponent

- For those with the Alignment of Empire - Death Elemental Suit - Gives the user the ability to cast blindness on the opponent

191 Replies +3 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Bemral
webusver
JohnTiptoft
May 25, 2013 1:17:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Notable Changelog:

SWAMPTILES:

PitchPit: Reduced fire attack to +1 from +2

SwampGarden: Reduced toxic attack to +1 from +2

Removed the snaking ability.

ARMOREDMILITIA:

Removed chainmail and lightplate armors from militia

Added padded armor for initial armor upgrade

Moved leather armor to heavy armor upgrade

Children of the Storm Compatible

HENCHWOMEN:

Added the units back to the mod (they were removed by accident in an update) 

DEATHADEPTS:

Added a new spell called Aged - curse that removes 10% defense and attack and -1 to initiative

Shadowbolt is now a level 2 adept spell

SyphonStrength is the level 3 adept spell

WONDERBASES:

Adjusted Ereog's Monument to be +1 fame per every 5 seasons, instead of +1 fame.

May 25, 2013 12:37:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A question to understand the \My Games\Legendary Heroes\ directory a little better:

For something like QUEST MAN UNDER THE TREE, does that get extracted to \mods or \quests ? Does it matter?

I suppose the same can be said for Brad's scorched earth stamp. Should that go into \stamps? or \mod? or does it matter?

Thanks

May 25, 2013 12:43:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

All of these items can be put into the mods folder. When placing them in the mods folder then you will need to run mods in order to get the content involved.

Placing the Quest Man under the tree, you could put the core quest in the \quests folder

but in doing so you will need to put the graphic stuff into another folder the game looks for graphics in, for example shadows under the \Tiles\Shadows folder

or the \units\icons folder.

The game doesn't look in too many spots for graphics, hence the mod folder is what all the files are set up to be extracted to.

-Advantages when not using the mods folder, you don't have to run mods to have the item active.

-Disadvantages when not using the mods folder, you have to make sure you place things in approrpiate spots.

EDIT: (Even though I had higher version numbers for FE, I reset the finished products down to v1.0 (although I didn't change the name))

Please let me know if you notice any of these not working correctly and I will fix it when I can.

May 26, 2013 10:52:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tried your henchman mod, I really liked it for Fallen Enchantress, the current LH version has still some small bugs:

• When editing a henchwoman male hairstyle/clothing choice are displayed, not the female ones.
  • Henchwomen can't equip shields right now.

Thanks for the mod.

May 26, 2013 11:14:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting JohnTiptoft,

Tried your henchman mod, I really liked it for Fallen Enchantress, the current LH version has still some small bugs:

When editing a henchwoman male hairstyle/clothing choice are displayed, not the female ones.
Henchwomen can't equip shields right now.

Thanks for the mod.

I've updated the henchwoman mod silently . Redownload, I've updated it so that they are more femine and fixed the shield issue. Sorry about that (missed a file)

May 27, 2013 5:07:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The snaking and riverbridge make the game more enjoyable for me- thanks for making them!  If it is true that you need a fresh game for some of the mods, perhaps mention that explicitly? As LH picks up new players, that clarification would probably be useful.

May 31, 2013 7:44:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for making the riverbridge and snaking. Was really fun to see the ai build bridges.

May 31, 2013 8:04:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Pretty sure you must start a new game for mods to take effect.

May 31, 2013 4:41:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Added the tent style mod for LH. There seemed to be no real changes in the file structure, but if you notice any errors, let me know and I will fix them as quickly as possible.

I do enjoy the tent style to add variety in the buildings. I feel that Capitar is the race to utilize the tent style, but people tend to like Tarth for the style. I've set it up special for Children of the Storm for the Centaurs to have the tent style. Hopefully people enjoy the results.

June 1, 2013 4:49:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just started a game with your mods. I really like them, thanks for posting them. Good work!

June 1, 2013 5:42:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Aviator64,

Just started a game with your mods. I really like them, thanks for posting them. Good work!

Thank you. Makes it worth the effort to make these mods.

June 2, 2013 1:25:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've updated the list to include Death Adepts now.

This adds a new spell called Aged -- it is a curse that removes 10% defense and attack and lowers initiative by 1. (As the units start to feel their age )

Did a MAJOR fix to the HenchmanFemales --- I somehow overwrote the unit files and so they were no-longer there, fixed it now.

People can request any mods they like to see in the game here if they like. I will see if I can implement this mod, or if I'm interested in creating the mod. My general goal with my mods are to create subtle changes to the game that are neither game breaking, and something seam-less, in the game that you wouldn't realize that the original game just didn't have it. One major exception to this is the tent mod, because I just liked all their tents.

June 2, 2013 3:57:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I love these mods. Bridge and snaking remove so much frustration, and armored militia just makes sense.

I have two requests for mods...

First, I like how you made a Death magic counterpart to a life ability with Death Adepts. Would you consider making Life versions of some of the custom faction traits that only seem to apply to death magic?

Second, could you make a mod that removes all settleable land areas that are smaller than 2x2? Salt the Earth helps get rid of these seemingly useless tracts of land, but I'd rather they never existed at all.

June 2, 2013 4:38:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have a suggestion for a mod:

a Kingdom counterpart to the Cyndrum Demon. I am thinking a "life enforcing" spellcaster type elemental/demon. Spells that boost your other troops in the group, as it is from a life shard.

June 2, 2013 5:14:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have not yet come across it yet in LH, but I don't think SD has fixed it since FE.

As an extension to your armored militia mod, is it possible to add something to the city defenders that will track their HP and existence (alive or dead) throughout the coarse of a turn? 

Currently (again, if SD hasn't address this yet), if the player attacks an AI city twice within the same turn, the second attack has all the city defenders fully restored in health and all the dead ones are alive again.

Likewise, if the AI (or monsters) attack a player's city twice within the same turn, the second attack results in the player not having any city defenders.

I have hopes that one day player and AI alike will be on the same level....having city defenders health and existence tracked throughout the course of a turn.

Is this something that can be addressed by your excellent modding skills?

June 2, 2013 5:34:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

I have not yet come across it yet in LH, but I don't think SD has fixed it since FE.

As an extension to your armored militia mod, is it possible to add something to the city defenders that will track their HP and existence (alive or dead) throughout the coarse of a turn? 

Currently (again, if SD hasn't address this yet), if the player attacks an AI city twice within the same turn, the second attack has all the city defenders fully restored in health and all the dead ones are alive again.

Likewise, if the AI (or monsters) attack a player's city twice within the same turn, the second attack results in the player not having any city defenders.

I have hopes that one day player and AI alike will be on the same level....having city defenders health and existence tracked throughout the course of a turn.

Is this something that can be addressed by your excellent modding skills?

I don't think that one can track the HP and existence between city defenders throughout the course of a turn. That would be a deep code change, which I do not have access.

Although my modding skills are okay, I cannot fix everything with the game (The player losing all its city defenders). That is a deeper code problem. The code I have access to says it should always regen each combat, but it's not happening.

I think that the city defenders recharging is just a second group of defenders or third being called up for the city defense, they aren't their to begin with because they don't have the weapons to use... so they grab what they can from the fallen soldiers and fight with those... at least that is how I imagine it.

Sorry, too deep of a code change. Unless Stardock let's me have access to look at the code and find any possible errors, I will not be able to do any changes there. Chances are I will be lost by the amount of code they have written.

June 2, 2013 5:35:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting tmonberg,

a Kingdom counterpart to the Cyndrum Demon. I am thinking a "life enforcing" spellcaster type elemental/demon. Spells that boost your other troops in the group, as it is from a life shard.

I've got an idea in the works for this already... so expect to see it soon.

June 2, 2013 5:40:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Naidrev,
Second, could you make a mod that removes all settleable land areas that are smaller than 2x2? Salt the Earth helps get rid of these seemingly useless tracts of land, but I'd rather they never existed at all.

This is a result of the game making calculations from each of tiles around a particular location. When the tile yield sum reaches to something over 6 it shows up as a settable spot. Although, I will not do this change, you can do this change... switch the minimum settable land from 6 to say 7. That should make a lot less "settlable" areas and give you probably only spots of 2x2 land areas, but they will be special ones. We are talking the land tracks that you can settle will be harder to get and more powerful. I wouldn't recommend much more than 7, but you can try it to see what value you think works well.

<MinValidTotalTileYield>6.0</MinValidTotalTileYield>

June 2, 2013 5:48:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here's another suggestion then:

I am currently playing a Kingdom with the Binding faction. Thing is, you get nothing from life shards. Would you be willing to make a mod that outlines a creature from the life shard? Perhaps something along these lines:

Younger Wisp

- has low hp

- can cast heal at mana cost 1/10 turns

- can cast soulspark for 0 mana 1/5 turns

- has weak melee attack

Wisp

- has low-med hp

- can cast heal + 1/life shard at mana cost 1/5 turns

- can cast soulspark + 1/life shard for 0 mana 1/5 turns

- has weak-med melee attack

Greater Wisp

- has med hp

- can cast heal + 1/life shard at mana cost every turn

- can cast soulspark + 1/life shard for 0 mana every turn

- has med melee attack

Not sure how balanced the above is relative to the other binding creatures, so if you are up for doing this mod-design, please feel free to change anything from the idea to make it more suitable and balanced.

June 2, 2013 5:50:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

Quoting tmonberg, reply 14

I've got an idea in the works for this already... so expect to see it soon.

lolz....missed these posts...but I just posted something along the same...

Can't wait to see your idea Parrotmath!

June 2, 2013 6:00:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

One more idea:

While LH has introduced the concept of heroes approaching you when enough Fame is acquired, part of me wishes the occasional hero can still be found hanging around for hire as a mercenary. Is it possible to mod such that both are available....that you get heroes with Fame acquisition AND that you can purchase heroes found out in the field?

June 2, 2013 6:10:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

One more idea:

While LH has introduced the concept of heroes approaching you when enough Fame is acquired, part of me wishes the occasional hero can still be found hanging around for hire as a mercenary. Is it possible to mod such that both are available....that you get heroes with Fame acquisition AND that you can purchase heroes found out in the field?

Given that someone has made a spell that does this for you, well that trumped my idea on spawning an inn next to your capital that gives you a hero at the appropriate fame acquisition. Mind you the AI should be able to still get the champion as per usual, and I can set up a cost to each of the champions in the game if you so choose. Finding heroes on the map is an engine change. The lairs just do not spawn, but I can set up spawning quests that will do the same thing. The only issue with adding the champion camp back to the map is that it is getting crowded. When they removed the champion spawns from the map, that opened up the map to have more monster lairs, more quest locations, more resource nodes, and more room for goodie-huts. Adding the champion spawns back in, will effectively remove this extra room. I will see if I can get these lairs back in the game, but I think it was a deeper coding change.

The whole idea of binding from Empire point of view is to corrupt the elemental guardians and bring these guardians to fight for you. The Kingdom idea should be something different, and I'm going to actually re-write each of the elements to non-corrupted elementals fighting for your cause, bound to you, but no corrupted as Ceresa would do. (Basically a rewrite of my Sacrificial Elemental Mods), expect to see a light-bringer type elementals from the life shards.

June 2, 2013 6:14:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The options to put the champion camps in the game are in the elemental defs

<RandomPlacementRequirementDef InternalName="NPCCamp_None">
        <ObjectType>NPCCamp</ObjectType>
        <DisplayName>None</DisplayName>
        <NPCCampsPerPlayerPerSpawnLevel>0.0</NPCCampsPerPlayerPerSpawnLevel>
      </RandomPlacementRequirementDef>
      <RandomPlacementRequirementDef InternalName="NPCCamp_Sparse">
        <DisplayName>Sparse</DisplayName>
        <NPCCampsPerPlayerPerSpawnLevel>0.5</NPCCampsPerPlayerPerSpawnLevel>
        <DistanceBetweenObjects>5</DistanceBetweenObjects>
        <StartingPointObjectRange>3</StartingPointObjectRange>
      <RandomPlacementRequirementDef InternalName="NPCCamp_Moderate">
        <DisplayName>Moderate</DisplayName>
        <NPCCampsPerPlayerPerSpawnLevel>1.0</NPCCampsPerPlayerPerSpawnLevel>
        <DistanceBetweenObjects>3</DistanceBetweenObjects>
      <RandomPlacementRequirementDef InternalName="NPCCamp_Dense">
        <DisplayName>Dense</DisplayName>
        <NPCCampsPerPlayerPerSpawnLevel>2.0</NPCCampsPerPlayerPerSpawnLevel>
        <DistanceBetweenObjects>2</DistanceBetweenObjects>

I think currently one can adjust the NONE setting and it will spawn champions into the game. (untested at the moment) but this change is an elemental def change I really don't like making these types of changes to the game as a mod. Maybe a scenario, but not a mod.

June 2, 2013 11:14:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

This is a result of the game making calculations from each of tiles around a particular location. When the tile yield sum reaches to something over 6 it shows up as a settable spot. Although, I will not do this change, you can do this change... switch the minimum settable land from 6 to say 7. That should make a lot less "settlable" areas and give you probably only spots of 2x2 land areas, but they will be special ones. We are talking the land tracks that you can settle will be harder to get and more powerful. I wouldn't recommend much more than 7, but you can try it to see what value you think works well.

<MinValidTotalTileYield>6.0</MinValidTotalTileYield>

That is great! Which xml file is that located in?

edit: Could you add your "Champions don't split xp" mod to this list?

June 3, 2013 12:25:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Naidrev,
That is great! Which xml file is that located in?
edit: Could you add your "Champions don't split xp" mod to this list?

ElementalDefs.xml

The champions don't split XP is really a mod that fails compatibility with CoS, and is one I would have to update with each iteration of the game, so I will not support that mod regularly. I also find that it doesn't add anything to the game, I've played either way and find it doesn't do much for the way I play.

You are entirely welcome to keep it up to date and provide it for everyone. I add the simple tag to every champion in the game

<DividesBattleExp>0</DividesBattleExp>

and the post that xml file.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000813   Page Render Time: