[SPOILER] Riddle help

Help in solving riddles

By on May 22, 2013 4:25:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Kogni

Join Date 05/2013

I suspect there will be a thread like this eventually anyway, so here goes:
What riddles have you solved, and what are the answers?

So far I remember getting 3 different riddles:

• Question: He asks about something that is always running and never walking. It has a bed, and it has a mouth, but it never eats.
    Answer: River

• Question: He asks about a vat outside Bradleys kitchen, in which small workermen are working. Their toes and clothes are yellow.
    I'm thinking it might possible be "butter", so I clicked "B".
    Asnwer: "B" turned out to be the correct answer.

• Question: He asks about something deep in foul swamps, waiting for fresh blood, and causing three-forked wounds with no pain.
    I guessed "B" for blood, which turned out to be wrong.

Anyone else got contributions here?

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 22, 2013 4:37:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My question is why would you release the answers to the riddles in the game? The riddles are a fun part of figuring out the game and I suggest that you put on this thread [SPOILER], use the edit button.

May 22, 2013 4:45:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

My question is why would you release the answers to the riddles in the game? The riddles are a fun part of figuring out the game and I suggest that you put on this thread [SPOILER], use the edit button.

May 22, 2013 4:54:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Question: He asks about something deep in foul swamps, waiting for fresh blood, and causing three-forked wounds with no pain.
I guessed "B" for blood, which turned out to be wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leech

May 22, 2013 4:57:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've encountered these same riddles repeatedly over only a few games, it shouldn't be hard to add in like 50 riddles to be randomly chosen for some real variety and no easy picks.

Some of The Hobbit riddles would be out right cruel though. How the hell did they figure it out, precious? 

May 22, 2013 5:06:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

Well, I don't know about you, but my native language and culture is not English, and it's not always easy to figure out a riddle in a foreign language

Like the word "vat", I had no idea what it ment, so I had to look it up to even understand the question.
And the river bed thing - we don't talk about "river beds" in my language, so that part is foreign to me.

May 22, 2013 5:18:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kogni,

Quoting parrottmath, reply 1

Well, I don't know about you, but my native language and culture is not English, and it's not always easy to figure out a riddle in a foreign language

Like the word "vat", I had no idea what it ment, so I had to look it up to even understand the question.
And the river bed thing - we don't talk about "river beds" in my language, so that part is foreign to me.

That I understand, but you really should add [SPOILER] to the thread title. (My real point of the suggestion)

Press the edit button and update the thread, for those that do not want to know the answer will understand that this is a spoiler thread (a thread that will give you answers).

May 22, 2013 5:46:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Aha, done

May 22, 2013 6:30:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really don't like the new riddles that have you guessing for a letter.

May 22, 2013 9:13:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

More riddles please!

May 22, 2013 9:49:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Riddle me this, any one get the 'stars' riddle? the grave riddle? BTW, i thought the "B:" answer was for Bees... the little hive oriented insects... yellow pollen, is grabbed by pails that are built into their feet. Hence 'little workmen, vat = hive, and, at least in my neck of the woods, the most common bee to see is the 'yellowjacket.' Whatever the meaning, "b" is the answer.
June 3, 2013 10:18:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Riddle me this.  is there a way to put your own riddles into the game? 

June 3, 2013 11:29:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Riddle me this.  is there a way to put your own riddles into the game? 

All the riddle is are quests, so yes you can put your own riddles in the game.

June 5, 2013 2:01:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Question: He asks about a vat outside Bradleys kitchen, in which small workermen are working. Their toes and clothes are yellow.

Its not butter, its bees and their honey pot

Question: He asks about something deep in foul swamps, waiting for fresh blood, and causing three-forked wounds with no pain.

Its a leech!

Thats the only 3 riddles i have seen too

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: