You kept your word. Thank you.

By on May 22, 2013 3:54:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

vputz

Join Date 04/2003
+4

To Brad and the SD team:

I was excited by the leadup to (and disappointed by the initial release of) Elemental.  When Stardock made the promise for two free followons for initial buyers, I discounted it.  I simply didn't believe you would do it.  Too many companies do not.

But you all persevered, and you kept your promise, in an era where increasingly corporations and individuals devalue their own word to the point where promises tend to mean nothing.

That counts.  It counts a lot.  I'm downloading LH now, and honestly I'm not sure I'll ever have the time to play it--time is tighter these days than a few years ago.  But goodwill and word of mouth are worth something, and I'll spread it as best I can.

For what it's worth, I'm damn proud of you.  You've become the game developers I wished I could have been back when I nourished that particular dream.

I'm sure it's a good game.  But more importantly, you kept your word.  In this day and age, that's more legendarily heroic than anything I'll find in the download.

Thanks.

Locked Post 21 Replies +4
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 22, 2013 4:04:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, whatever one may think of FE and LH, Stardock did go beyond the call of duty to make it up to Elemental pre-orders and compared to some other botched releases Elemental wasn't even that bad, the game worked at least unlike some others.

Generosity is for those who can afford it they say but it's still a praise-worthy gesture. 

May 22, 2013 4:05:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

+ a lot.

Well said vputz.

May 22, 2013 4:22:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

just got an email, telling me that i can download it for free on steam. but the URL dont work, it takes me to the about-page for steam. Anny ideas on how to claim it on steam?

May 22, 2013 4:32:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You need to get the key from the SD store and then activate LH on Steam.

May 22, 2013 4:44:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks! We are grateful to have people like you playing our games.

May 22, 2013 5:09:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You really came through... While that should be a given, its actually an exception in this day and age. So: Kudos!

Looking forward to playing Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. Happy I went for that collectors edition of Elemental way back after all. Fuzzy feeling! If its as good as the forums lead me to believe (I didn't have time to test this time around, but FE was already a good game), I'll be sure to spread the word!

Keep up the good work!

May 22, 2013 5:12:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fully agree, top class guys.

May 22, 2013 9:54:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yup - my friends and I will definitely continue to buy Stardock games purely for the sake of them being Stardock... never seen a game developer so quality as you guys.  You have our loyalty - that's for sure   Great work and thanks so much for your integrity!

May 22, 2013 9:59:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I never thought I would say this, but I'm actually glad that I pre-ordered War of Magic

May 22, 2013 10:11:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
SD treats us like people,, neighbors, fellow members of the village ( not the brit "in the village" with #6, lol). Froggy kept his word. He has shown remarkable integrity. I applaud him and his team. When corporatist(s) tell me corporations promises (by hte very nature of the system) are only as good as your attorney can force them to be, I point to Brad/SD and tell them it doesn't have to be that way. We don't have to live in a dog-eat-dog world. SD is a shining example of how a corporation should behave. Thank you SD/Brad.
May 23, 2013 3:16:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can't believe how much I got for my pre-order of WoM. The game I am playing now is the best strategy game I have ever played. Thank you so much, and please make another expansion!

May 23, 2013 3:20:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Much appreciation to Brad and all the men and women working at Stardock.

May 23, 2013 3:31:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Totally agree.

I just had a total nerdgasm when I saw your email about the Fallen Enchantress LH.

You definitely have another loyal follower.

Best regards,

JF

May 23, 2013 4:10:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I also come into this group of people that bought Elemental very early. But at that time, the game already got really bad reviews and what is more important got bashed by players themselves. 

But after reading Frogboy promise I decided to Kickstart future expansions before there was ever a kickstarter (I played E:WoM only enough to make sure what people said about the game was true). And for some reason I wasn't afraid that Frogboy would not be truthful. 

Anyways, tnx Frogboy. After two expansions you made the game that will be remembered for a long time.

May 23, 2013 4:17:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Shame my FE is the non steam copy. Which will not work with the free Steam copy of LH. I need a non steam copy of LH.

May 23, 2013 5:38:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yep.  Ever since I discovered SINS, I realized these guys are very responsive with their players/customers. 

A1 = Stardock. 

May 23, 2013 10:25:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting doomBlackDragon,

Shame my FE is the non steam copy. Which will not work with the free Steam copy of LH. I need a non steam copy of LH.

What do you mean? They will both work just fine. LH is a standalone expansion, meaning it doesn't need FE installed at all. You can fire up either one and it will work just fine.

May 23, 2013 11:21:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

AMEN!

I actually bought War of Magic partially because of its lower price at the time of purchase (30%), partly to back a Michigan-based privately-owned business (10%), but mostly because I trusted you to make wise decisions with the franchise sooner rather than later (60%).

Well-done.  

The fact that you kept your word made me ultimately respect your work at a greater level, and as a result, I have started talking the company up more and even purchased a SD product that wasn't a game (Fences 2). 

May 23, 2013 1:22:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Even better that it's a fantastic, classic game.

Seriously, a classic.

May 24, 2013 12:21:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I will chime in on this as well.  Thanks a lot for LH.  It's the game WoM should have been.  It's much more fun and engaging.  You kept my trust.  I will keep buying stardock games and recommending them as well.

May 24, 2013 6:34:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can hardly believe that we have such decency and values in an ongoing and successful company. Very, very well done.  It's like finding a precious jewel while walking along the road.

I'd be happy to pay for LH even as a WOM customer.  Instead, I've decided to buy the Windows desktop software pack made by Stardock as soon as I reinstall my home PC.  It looks fantastic and will help me declutter my desktop and have some nice GUI features.

Fallen Enchantress and more recently, Legendary Heroes has entertained me for many, many hours.  Such great games!  I honestly believe they are the modern successors to Master of Magic, I honestly enjoy them as much as MoM.  

I get to empire build in a fantasy world setting in a turn based game?  With gorgeous visuals? With heaps of technologies and buildings to choose from? And design my own units? Which I get to see on screen with their right equipment and appearance?

And do quests? Wait, you're saying I get heroes and can role play them, choosing their traits and skills as they develop?  And my sovereign?  With magical enchantments 

And there are random events too? And magical badlands with uber monsters roaming within them?

*Sword faints from happiness!* LOL

Cheers,

Sword

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: