Thank you Brad, Derek and FE:LH Team!!!!

By on May 22, 2013 2:22:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Gene1966

Join Date 03/2010
+2

I saw the Release notice and thought back to the promise Brad made to us early adopters some 2+ years ago and thought I check out the progress, Good, Bad or Ugly, I wish to express my gratitude to the team who labored so long on this and then giving it away to those who held the faith!

Sincerely,

Thank you!

Locked Post 33 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 22, 2013 2:42:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

came here to say the same thing i read the release notes just now and i wanted to come on and say THANK YOU for your hard work! and giving me 50% off the game for owning fallen enchantress.

May 22, 2013 2:54:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would like to add my thanks to the Stardock team.    A job very well done.   This is a great game!  What a company!

Congratulations!!!!

May 22, 2013 3:35:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I bought the original game back in 2010. It still amazes me that Stardock gave me Fallen Enchantress and Legendary Heroes for free because the original didn't live up to expectations. I have enjoyed being part of the Beta process and think Legendary Heroes has turned out to be a great game. Thank you Brad, Derek and team!

May 22, 2013 3:35:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

thank you!

May 22, 2013 3:39:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ShadoWatcher,
i read the release notes just now

Where are they? I only found the 1.1 ones. 

May 22, 2013 4:19:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

http://forums.elementalgame.com/444571

May 22, 2013 4:19:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Pardon the double-post.

May 22, 2013 4:24:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just wanted to add my thanks as well.

I feel you've finally fulfilled the promise of War of Magic. I thought E:WOM was pretty bad like most people, FE was decent but I didn't find it all that captivating.  Now with LH I'm finally hooked. During the last few weeks of this beta, I just haven't been able to stop playing, you've finally captured (for me) that one more turn feeling that makes for a great strategy game. 

Thanks again for making this game and for going above and beyond the call of duty with the free upgrades to make up for E:WOM. You've definitely earned back my trust and confidence. I just returned the favour by writing a metacritic review. 

Also, please put out some DLC for Legendary Heroes soon so I can give you some money. After getting FE and LH for free I feel you've earned some scratch at this point.

May 22, 2013 4:45:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks!  We love you guys! (and gals!)

May 22, 2013 5:08:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Cruxador,

http://forums.elementalgame.com/444571

Oh, I knew about that. I thought there was a specific list just for "latest beta -> 1.0". Thanks anyway. 

May 22, 2013 5:13:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Aviator64,

I bought the original game back in 2010. It still amazes me that Stardock gave me Fallen Enchantress and Legendary Heroes for free because the original didn't live up to expectations. I have enjoyed being part of the Beta process and think Legendary Heroes has turned out to be a great game. Thank you Brad, Derek and team!

Hmmm, I also bought the game in 2010 and I certainly didn't get Legendary Heroes for free. (I also own every other game they've every published except the political ones.) What gives?

May 22, 2013 5:14:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We love you Derek, Brad and the whole Stardock team. And now... back to the game!

May 22, 2013 5:21:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My thanks as well.

May 22, 2013 5:32:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you registered Elemental on or before Oct 31 2010 you should get it.I logged into my account @ WWW.STARDOCK.COM and my serial number was there to download it through Steam.Did you check there?

May 22, 2013 6:45:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Digital Hugs for all the team and a big thank you for the effort.

Hope it turns out the financial success it deserves to become...

May 22, 2013 6:46:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've played this game for hundreds of hours. There can be no question that Stardock have done brilliantly. Thank you.

I still want it improved, and I am happy to pay for more expansions and content.

May 22, 2013 7:10:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I enjoy both FE and LH.  They are different games despite the common heritage.  I've played RPG games for many years.  This is the first time I've played a hybrid like this.  Most games had limited replayability.  Both FE and LH are infinitely replayable.  I think LH is probably the one most people will chose to play for a longer period but I find myself going back to FE, probably because of the different approach to heros, encumbrance, etc.  That said, the UI and AI improvements in LH make it a much more enjoyable game in many ways.  The beta did a great job in balancing so that now it is possible to develop a "hero".

I haven't done a search for the "best" game of this genre.  However, it's hard to imagine a more open game that provides access to the XML to tailor it to individual tastes.  For that I thank the team that developed it.

I've logged more time on FE and LH than any game in many years, and plan to continue to do so.  To those who argue "price", I'd ask what is your time worth? I haven't seen anything close to the value per hour - and that includes almost anything you buy and use.  How much are you paying, value per hour, for what you're wearing, or driving?

I'd also like to acknowledge the community surrounding these products.  There really is no way, without a legion of testers, that a system so open ended could be developed and corrected.  Thanks to the many that identified problems (and will continue to do so no doubt) that have resulted in a magnificent game.

Bravo!

May 22, 2013 9:43:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Want to add my thanks here as well. Just played for about an hour, and this is what I was hoping Elemental would be back in 2010. Having so much fun with my squad of heroes and monsters exploring around, while building up cities behind them .

May 22, 2013 10:21:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Indeed, thank you and congratulations. You've made something great!

May 22, 2013 11:23:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really really like LH. (I haven't played FE since LH beta came out so can't comment on it)  I think the 9/10 reviews are accurate -- a 90 metacritic score is reasonable.  I hope and believe changes will continue to improve the FE/LH/successor line.

After a rocky start Stardock buckled down, brought in more folks, and worked hard to achieve their goal and promise to those of us who pre-ordered WoM -- and succeeded!

Congrats to all on the team!

Take some time off please, you've earned it 

May 23, 2013 4:09:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

great game, thank you

May 23, 2013 4:16:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I wish I could play LH but my FE is a non steam version. While my LH is a steam version. Meaning the two can not run and will not run together. Where can I get the none steam copy of LH?

May 23, 2013 4:37:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well I didn't buy the first elemental, so I got nothing for free.    I had to use all my penny's in piggy bank to buy FE and then LH.

Was it worth it?  Darrrrn right it was.

Thank you. 

May 23, 2013 7:12:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Congrats guys and reviews well deserved.

I really hope this is the beginning of a successful foray into 4x Fantasy Strategy!

May 23, 2013 11:43:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting doomBlackDragon,

I wish I could play LH but my FE is a non steam version. While my LH is a steam version. Meaning the two can not run and will not run together. Where can I get the none steam copy of LH?

FE and LH are two completely different games.  One does not require the other.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time: