Autobattle against Banshee (9 attack 0 armor and 30 hp) beat my entire army?

By on May 21, 2013 6:47:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

katrisa

Join Date 05/2013

I just had the most screwed up auto battle against a single Banshee (9 attack 0 armor and 30 hp).

My attacking armies statistics:
294 attack
197 defense
658 hit points

I don't think there is anything else to say here except something is wrong with banshee's and autobattle.

---

I just manually battles the banshee and it was a really stupid fun (aka not fun).  Apparently they're 100% immune to physical damage an only my archers have magic damage in that party.  

Simply put you should not have 100% immune anything.  80-90% works.  But having a single unit like this is really silly if you ask me.

I did kill the banshee with the same party suffering ridiculous amounts of damage (even with my high Magic Resist). 

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 21, 2013 6:55:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Always check for special abilities before entering battle, and never auto battle a Banshee. Learned that the hard way. I like that they are magic immune, feels all the better when I do take one down.

May 21, 2013 6:59:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They are immune to physical damage and cast nasty damage spells so its quite possible it won, yes.

May 21, 2013 7:11:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Gandalftheredskin,

Always check for special abilities before entering battle, and never auto battle a Banshee. Learned that the hard way. I like that they are magic immune, feels all the better when I do take one down.

They are not magic immune, they are immune to all physical attacks and only magic can actually hurt them.

May 21, 2013 7:23:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Realistically you would have to keep trying new attacks and keep guessing at how to hurt this thing before it killed you (trial and error). In this game you only have to read the caption. Life would be so much simpler if everyone just had a caption and I could access their instructions.

May 21, 2013 7:51:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Er, yea, should have checked what I wrote, had magic on my brain I guess.

May 23, 2013 2:50:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I did the same mistake with auto-battling Banshees once - I learned very quickly from that

I both like and dislike things like this, mostly I like it.
- The good thing is that it forces you to use your head a bit - both when choosing to auto-battle, and when choosing how to gear your units.
- The bad thing is that even when you are overpowered you "must" still do things manually, just to make sure you don't get extra casualties.
On the other hand, such a risk is the price you pay for having things done for you.

May 23, 2013 2:56:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

just clicking on the banshee is enough to see that it's immune and nasty.

The good news is that it is a rare beast, nothing upgrades from its spawn point, and you can just deal with it when you need to.

Heart of Fire on a decent essence location is usually sufficient to take one down as it has very few hit points.  Counter Spelling it constantly is required.

May 23, 2013 4:02:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

the good news is - the banshee is really an exception. there are no other creatures in the world that are totally immune to physical damage. you'll make that mistake once, and remember it the next time just bring a champ with a damage spell or some weapon with bonus elemental damage -  or build a few guys with fire or frost staves or other enchanted weapons. if you bring mage to counterspell her wail, she's harmless.

there are other critters that are immune to certain types of damage (magic in general, or fire/frost/lightning/poison), but that's easy to overcome since most of your trained troops will deal non-magical, non-elemental damage anyway.

May 23, 2013 6:15:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't think there's anything wrong with autobattle and banshees; it's more that their ACTUAL strength is not remotely represented by their raw stats.  So basically, Dark Wizard v2.0.

May 23, 2013 7:09:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Banshees are easy.  One good flame dart and down they go.

May 23, 2013 7:17:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wouldn't the AI be getting constantly whacked when attacking banshees (since they always use auto-battle), or do they avoid them as a matter of course to let the player take care of them?

May 24, 2013 12:11:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I hate them with a white hot hate, but I am actually quite impressed by how dangerous those little banshees work out to be.  You really have to think twice about those things!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time: