[eMOD] [LH 1.8] Necromancy Revamped v4.6 (Updated: 2015-02-05)

By on May 19, 2013 8:50:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dhuran

Join Date 06/2010
+10

This mod adds a faction ability and class path aimed at expanding your options for necromancy. It includes new spells, trainable undead units, and more necromancy themed items.

Reanimation Rituals enables trainable undead (skeletons, spectres and liches) that unlock with magic tech (much like Cult of 100 Eyes). Necromantic Compendium adds the Necromancer class path.

================================================================================================
Reanimation Ritual Ability:

** Trainable Skeletons and Zombies: You can also edit them to make custom undead units

** Trainable Spectres: Unlocks with Sorcery tech

** Trainable Lich: Unlocks with Third Book of the Magi tech

Necromantic Compendium Ability:

* In order to access this path, you must 'scroll' over to it with the mouse wheel in the path selection screen.

* Play and find out!

Necromantic Relics:

Ebony Key: +1 Reanimated creature level. Available in store after Enchantment tech is researched.

Saltes Urn: Grants ability to raise a skeleton. Available in store and for unit design after Rituals tech is researched.

Canopic Jars: Smash one of these jars and you will be transported randomly within a 3 tile radius, leaving a skeleton in your wake. Available in store and for unit design after Arcane Mastery tech is researched.

Vitae Lacuna: Powerful necromancy themed staff that is only found as a rare loot drop. Does cold damage, adds +2 to reanimated creature levels and grants the ability to use Wall of Bone.

+ More!

================================================================================================
IF YOU ARE UPGRADING: Uninstall the older version.

NOTE:

Legendary Heroes does NOT transfer creature type into the files it generates for user designed units. What this means is that if you start a new game, and use an undead unit you designed in a previous game, it will show up as Race: Men in game. This will cause some of the spells in Necromantic Compendium to not recognize them and affect them as they should. I am providing an optional Python script (I wrote it in Python cause I could do it fast). You will need to install Python 2.7 to run it, but Python is free and easy to install. You run it from the folder you extracted this mod from (where the batch file lives) and it looks through all the creature XML's the game has made for your custom units, checks if they're undead. If they're undead, but don't have a creature type yet, the script gives them the undead creature type so they will work in all future games (it also backs up the original). You will need to run it after you finish a game where you created any new undead custom units. The script is optional. You can just go into the XMl file yourself and add <CreatureType>Undead</CreatureType> almost anywhere in the creature definition if you want to.

Credits:
Heavenfall: Helping with Children of Storm compatibility (Thanks!)

jutetrea(SD Forums): Valuable balance feedback (Thanks!)

GFireflyE(SD Forums): Valuable balance feedback (Thanks!)

Primal_Savage(SD Forums): XML bug/error spotting, custom icons (Thanks!)

webusver(SD Forums): Making a whole set of custom icons (Thanks!)

Sir_Toejam (Nexus Site): Useful feedback and suggestions (Thanks!)

DOWNLOADS:  

Whole mod plus the faction:

Necromancy Revamped (4.6)

Optional:

DLC04 (Undead Faction) Compatibility

Custom Undead Unit Fixer Python Script (optional):

View as text on the website if you want to review the contents: http://www.mediafire.com/view/rpnia7nv8jnpn3o/creature_fix.py

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3fju6tu2pdlfru/creature_fix.py

Get Python (2.7.x) here: http://www.python.org/

Standalone executable version of Undead Unit Fixer Script (optional):

This is identical to the Python script version except you don't need to install Python since it bundles all the .dlls needed

to run it within the 'build' and 'dist' folders. Just unzip it in the same way you unzip any other component of this mod and

run creature_fix.exe from the same location that you would run the Python script from.

Custom Undead Unit Fixer Standalone

It's also been uploaded onto the Nexus site

Nexus Link

Locked Post 175 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 27, 2014 3:28:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm still on the lookout for more!

March 1, 2014 2:42:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Will there be a v.4.3 soon? I'm very eager to have the corrected spirit neophyte trait (it's part of my first skills that I choose...)

Thanks!

March 1, 2014 2:50:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sunray242,

Will there be a v.4.3 soon? I'm very eager to have the corrected spirit neophyte trait (it's part of my first skills that I choose...)

Thanks!

I was originally planning on putting it out after the LH 1.6 update, since some of the changes they're making will let me add some spells that I haven't been able to before due to modding limitations. But there are so many bug fixes and stuff that have accumulated, I will probably release something before that.

I actually still haven't been able to get spirit neophyte to work though. . . But I haven't had a ton of time to spend on it either. I'd have to say 'soon'.

March 1, 2014 6:49:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

New version is up.

Let me know of any problems and/or feedback!

V4.3

- New icon set for all abilities and path! (NC, RR)
**Big thanks to webusver (from the FELH forums) for putting them together!**

- Renamed Path from Necromancer to Gravelord (since Necromancer doesn't fit. . .) (NC)

- Added more creatures to the spawn lists for Raise Necropolis to make it more threatening (NC)

- Fixed mismatched tags in CoS compatibility unitstats for some units (NC) (thanks Primal_Savage!)

- Fixed missing gamemodifier closing tag in wall of bone ability for Vitae Lacuna (NR) (thanks Primal_Savage, again!)

- Added Iniquitous Bargain combat skill (NC)

- Spirit Neophyte now unlocks Iniquitous Bargain instead of giving +2 tactical Mana regeneration (NC)

March 1, 2014 8:25:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks man!

March 2, 2014 6:08:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Dhuran,
New version is up.

Great news! I just have finished my modding work and now ready to play!

March 2, 2014 2:53:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

In the city build screen, there is a building improvement (1 turn) which is a blank square. is this normal? I play with all supported patchwork mods.

I got confirmation from Webusver that it's in your mod.

How do we get rid of it or is it another improvement?

Thanks!

March 2, 2014 3:43:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When does this show up? I just started a quick game, and I didn't see anything in the first few turns. Did it have a name or anything? I'm not sure what would cause this, since I don't add or change any city improvements. Are you using any other mods?

March 2, 2014 4:25:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It usually happens when I make a custom Undead sovereign. After a few turns, it appears. It's no show stopper however...

March 2, 2014 11:03:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

An undead faction using the Dead race from DLC4? What traits do you make the faction with? I don't think it's possible that it's caused by my mod, but I'm going to try to reproduce it just to be sure.

March 2, 2014 11:21:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Could you make it so that to get the trait to become a lich you can't be an undead already so that the ai so to get the trait as an undead faction or could you tweak it so that if the ai is already undead they become a more powerful undead?

March 3, 2014 12:02:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Arendeth,

Could you make it so that to get the trait to become a lich you can't be an undead already so that the ai so to get the trait as an undead faction or could you tweak it so that if the ai is already undead they become a more powerful undead?

That's (kind of) what I was going for already since sovereigns are technically already immortal. However, when I came up with that there was no undead faction. It's been awhile since I wrote and read the descriptions for that stuff, but I was going for an undeath conduit which would be an alternative to lichdom for an already immortal being.

You do bring up an interesting concept though, of having unique abilities for living and dead casters. I'll have to check it out and see if the xml would support something like that in a straightforward and understandable way.

March 3, 2014 1:42:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ya my custom undead faction has the ability added so that they can be necromancers/gravelords too bad that the there is a 5 percent chance of doing a random action if i follow the lichpath of the gravelord is it possible you could replace that annoying debuff with another less game breaking one since there are some useful abilities in that tree even for an undead faction since the buff spells effect the whole faction .

March 3, 2014 1:45:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Its also a good thing that your undead exploding spell only grants the ability to explode otherwise it would be suicide to use it as an undead faction .

March 3, 2014 1:51:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Arendeth,

Ya my custom undead faction has the ability added so that they can be necromancers/gravelords too bad that the there is a 5 percent chance of doing a random action if i follow the lichpath of the gravelord is it possible you could replace that annoying debuff with another less game breaking one since there are some useful abilities in that tree even for an undead faction since the buff spells effect the whole faction .

Yeah, I originally put that random action chance in there so a player couldn't just sit and horde mana indefinitely since before it was just +2 tactical mana regeneration. Now that it just grants an ability I can probably actually take that out. It just didn't occur to me because I was focused on finding a solution for the mana regeneration stuff not working at all. There's a high chance that won't be in there next update.

March 3, 2014 6:38:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Dhuran,

An undead faction using the Dead race from DLC4? What traits do you make the faction with? I don't think it's possible that it's caused by my mod, but I'm going to try to reproduce it just to be sure.

I use undead DLC4 (children of the storm undead is not supported for custom sovereign), gravetouched, undead, rusty plate and reanimation rituals. for the sovereign abilities: fire magic 1, death magic 1, shadow magic 1, attunement, clumsy, brilliant.

Fire staff or ice staff (I never see splash damage)

Thanks!

March 3, 2014 4:22:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dhuran, have you considered adding a few champions(lvl 3,5,7,9) that has the Gravelord path. It could be a nice addition to have the possibility of selecting such champions in the later game

March 3, 2014 8:38:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting tmonberg,

Dhuran, have you considered adding a few champions(lvl 3,5,7,9) that has the Gravelord path. It could be a nice addition to have the possibility of selecting such champions in the later game

No, I actually haven't considered that at all... But it's a fantastic idea! I could have some real fun making those.

March 3, 2014 9:00:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sunray242,

Quoting Dhuran, reply 110

I use undead DLC4 (children of the storm undead is not supported for custom sovereign), gravetouched, undead, rusty plate and reanimation rituals. for the sovereign abilities: fire magic 1, death magic 1, shadow magic 1, attunement, clumsy, brilliant.

Fire staff or ice staff (I never see splash damage)

Thanks!

I played around with it a little bit and was unable to reproduce it. I think I'm missing a few of the mods that you are using. I'm fairly certain that it's not from this mod, though. Sorry!

March 3, 2014 10:27:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

March 3, 2014 10:50:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

===This is a general statement===

A City Screen Build Menu Blank Square Improvement is generally the result of a missing original/modded improvement in the user files or an incomplete improvement in the modder files --> e.g. missing an artdef (Often on purpose). Although that certainly sounds like a lapalissade, I would argue it isn't one...

e.g.

Mod A creates Improvement A

Mod B modifies Improvement A but does not include the original ArtDef (Since he's only modifying the improvement and requires Mod A)

Player X uses Mod B but not Mod A resulting in a Blank Square Improvement

In any case, when done on purpose and if clearly indicated by the Modder, this does not, usually, create problems: e.g. People using my _DLC04 files w/o the DLC04 will see City Screen Build Menu Blank Square Improvement because they are missing the Mausoleum/Catacomb/Necropolis.

Quoting Sunray242, reply 107I got confirmation from Webusver that it's in your mod.

Since, to my knowledge, there are no buildings/improvements in Necromancy Revamped, that confirmation is incorrect.

You are correct, there are no improvements added or modified in this mod. There is a goodiehut, and it's a different tag entirely, but I wanted to see if I could reproduce it anyways just to make sure there weren't any wires being crossed somewhere.

Sunray242: I suggest you check with other mods that you might have installed, and make sure that DLC 4 is installed right (pretty easy with steam). Good luck!

March 4, 2014 5:56:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for your help! Anyways, it's not a show stopper. I can live with it

March 20, 2014 8:23:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

After casting forbidden knowledge (what does it do anyway), can you transform my character from a human to a skeleton (lich)? It would add flavor...

March 20, 2014 9:10:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sunray242,

After casting forbidden knowledge (what does it do anyway), can you transform my character from a human to a skeleton (lich)? It would add flavor...

For a list of everything it adds, check your character portrait (where it lists all your abilities down the left hand side). There's a Demilich ability that it adds with all the details in the pop-up tooltip.

I originally wanted to do that, but I could find no way to exchange character models like that during the game.

March 21, 2014 6:15:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Or is it possible to change the color of the skin to gray?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: