[eMOD] [LH 1.8] Necromancy Revamped v4.6 (Updated: 2015-02-05)

By on May 19, 2013 8:50:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dhuran

Join Date 06/2010
+10

This mod adds a faction ability and class path aimed at expanding your options for necromancy. It includes new spells, trainable undead units, and more necromancy themed items.

Reanimation Rituals enables trainable undead (skeletons, spectres and liches) that unlock with magic tech (much like Cult of 100 Eyes). Necromantic Compendium adds the Necromancer class path.

================================================================================================
Reanimation Ritual Ability:

** Trainable Skeletons and Zombies: You can also edit them to make custom undead units

** Trainable Spectres: Unlocks with Sorcery tech

** Trainable Lich: Unlocks with Third Book of the Magi tech

Necromantic Compendium Ability:

* In order to access this path, you must 'scroll' over to it with the mouse wheel in the path selection screen.

* Play and find out!

Necromantic Relics:

Ebony Key: +1 Reanimated creature level. Available in store after Enchantment tech is researched.

Saltes Urn: Grants ability to raise a skeleton. Available in store and for unit design after Rituals tech is researched.

Canopic Jars: Smash one of these jars and you will be transported randomly within a 3 tile radius, leaving a skeleton in your wake. Available in store and for unit design after Arcane Mastery tech is researched.

Vitae Lacuna: Powerful necromancy themed staff that is only found as a rare loot drop. Does cold damage, adds +2 to reanimated creature levels and grants the ability to use Wall of Bone.

+ More!

================================================================================================
IF YOU ARE UPGRADING: Uninstall the older version.

NOTE:

Legendary Heroes does NOT transfer creature type into the files it generates for user designed units. What this means is that if you start a new game, and use an undead unit you designed in a previous game, it will show up as Race: Men in game. This will cause some of the spells in Necromantic Compendium to not recognize them and affect them as they should. I am providing an optional Python script (I wrote it in Python cause I could do it fast). You will need to install Python 2.7 to run it, but Python is free and easy to install. You run it from the folder you extracted this mod from (where the batch file lives) and it looks through all the creature XML's the game has made for your custom units, checks if they're undead. If they're undead, but don't have a creature type yet, the script gives them the undead creature type so they will work in all future games (it also backs up the original). You will need to run it after you finish a game where you created any new undead custom units. The script is optional. You can just go into the XMl file yourself and add <CreatureType>Undead</CreatureType> almost anywhere in the creature definition if you want to.

Credits:
Heavenfall: Helping with Children of Storm compatibility (Thanks!)

jutetrea(SD Forums): Valuable balance feedback (Thanks!)

GFireflyE(SD Forums): Valuable balance feedback (Thanks!)

Primal_Savage(SD Forums): XML bug/error spotting, custom icons (Thanks!)

webusver(SD Forums): Making a whole set of custom icons (Thanks!)

Sir_Toejam (Nexus Site): Useful feedback and suggestions (Thanks!)

DOWNLOADS:  

Whole mod plus the faction:

Necromancy Revamped (4.6)

Optional:

DLC04 (Undead Faction) Compatibility

Custom Undead Unit Fixer Python Script (optional):

View as text on the website if you want to review the contents: http://www.mediafire.com/view/rpnia7nv8jnpn3o/creature_fix.py

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3fju6tu2pdlfru/creature_fix.py

Get Python (2.7.x) here: http://www.python.org/

Standalone executable version of Undead Unit Fixer Script (optional):

This is identical to the Python script version except you don't need to install Python since it bundles all the .dlls needed

to run it within the 'build' and 'dist' folders. Just unzip it in the same way you unzip any other component of this mod and

run creature_fix.exe from the same location that you would run the Python script from.

Custom Undead Unit Fixer Standalone

It's also been uploaded onto the Nexus site

Nexus Link

Locked Post 175 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 3, 2013 8:06:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Maseren,

Hey Dhuran, I am sure you might have ben asked before and I somehow missed it, but do you know if your MOD is compatible with either Children of Storm (LH version of Stormworld) and/or Demons and wizards. All three together would make for one HECK of a game with amazing options for growth. 

Thanks. 

Regarding compatibility:

Children of Storm: Yes.

Demons and Wizards: No idea. I would assume no, since Demons and Wizards makes extensive changes to the level up traits in the mage tree. The portion of my mod that would likely conflict is Necromantic Compendium since I use the existing (vanilla) necromancy level traits to unlock some spells, and add two additional necromancy level traits for spell unlocks as well. All other aspects of my mod (e.g. Reanimation Rituals, Necromantic Relics) should work fine with it.

November 10, 2013 4:44:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just updated the DLC 4: Dead World compatibility patch to agree with their updated version creatures (including the city defenders they added).

December 22, 2013 7:22:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've updated to V4.0. It's a major version increase, because I completely changed how Necromantic Compendium works. Instead of a faction trait, it is now a class path. I did this for a number of reasons:

(1) It allows me to fit more spells and abilities in as I think of them

(2) It makes it compatible with all other mods that modify class paths (now it's definitely compatible with Demons and Wizards)

(3) It allows the addition of more differentiating abilities

Keep in mind, this is the first release of this approach. I plan on filling out the trait tree more as time passes. Feedback is critical, so let me know what you think! Also, I apologize for the repetitive trait sigils. I didn't mess around with changing all of them, and I'm not an artist, so I couldn't really create new ones... I plan on mixing them up more, but it wasn't a priority for this release. The older "faction trait" version is still up on the Nexus site if you prefer that one.

Change log:

V4.0
- Removed Necromantic Compendium Faction Ability
- Added Necromancer class path
- Added Reanimation Theory trait
- Added Spirit Neophyte trait
- Added Spirit Acolyte trait
- Added Spirit Sage trait
- Added Profane Ritual trait
- Added Awaken trait
- Added Soulstorm trait
- Added Corpus Neophyte trait
- Added Corpus Acolyte trait
- Added Corpus Wizard trait
- Added Sanguine Curse trait
- Added Explosive Deanimation trait
- Added Vigor of the Dead trait
- Added Basic Reanimation trait
- Added Greater Reanimation trait
- Added Master Reanimation trait
- Added Ascendant Reanimation trait
- Added Forbidden Knowledge trait
- Added Sanguine Curse spell
- Added Soulstorm spell

December 23, 2013 8:04:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you for this Christmas gift.

Compatibility with Demons and Wizards is a great idea.
Sorry for my english.

December 23, 2013 4:40:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I second buggggg's comment

Thanks Dhuran for such a wonderful Christmas gift, now I can enjoy having my 3 favourite mod's all working together instead of having to choose between them

December 23, 2013 5:05:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Very welcome! Nothing beats some Christmas necromancy!

December 23, 2013 5:24:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

LoL 

January 1, 2014 11:45:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Happy new year everybody!

V4.1
(All changes to Necromantic Compendium)
- Reduced tactical mana reduction from 25% to 15% in Necromancer path trait
- Added reanimation bonus of +1 to Necromancer path trait
- Added Reanimation Technique trait
- Added Baleful Reflex Spell
- Added Baleful Reflex trait
- Updated trait icons for more variety
- Added Soul Ripper trait
- Added Sever Spirit spell (spell version of special ability)
- Added Spirit Font trait
- Added Corpus Agility trait
- Added Ancestral Mastery trait
- Added Dead Flesh trait
- Shifted some traits around, and fixed some small linkage bugs

January 4, 2014 6:36:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I must be missing something, can someone help?

Since updating to versions 4.0 and 4.1, I seem to have lost many features.
I noticed in the notes that you changed how things work this time, but I don't get it.
Missing are: mantle of doom (for becoming a lich) and all late-stage abilities like summon skeletal phalanx.
i expected there to be some sort of class path for necromancy - but i don't see it. there is no "necromancy" class - just the usual 5 choices.
under Mage, there is a short path of necromancy with 2 selections only. one to summon a skeleton and the second to summon a skeletal horde. that's all - nothing more.

I downloaded the full package btw. thinking i missed something, i downloaded the necromantic compendium alone, but when i checked the folder, i already had all those files from the full package.

and yes, in case anyone asks i have removed all older files before updating and started new games each time.

thanks in advance for your help!

edit: i am using Children of the Storm mod - that's the only other mod i have installed.

January 4, 2014 6:53:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Accessing any other Paths other than the five default paths requires you to press down on the mouse wheel.  I'm not sure if there is any keyboard equivalent, but I don't know of one.

January 4, 2014 7:16:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That was it. Thanks for the quick response!

January 4, 2014 7:21:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No worries.  There is no indicator that there are more Paths - you have to click mouse wheel down to discover any added Paths.  I would suggest to the devs that there be some sort of indicator or scroll bar if there are more Paths available, and for there to be a way to scroll up and down if you don't have a mouse with a wheel.

January 4, 2014 4:06:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Unfortunately there's no indication in the game when more than the default 5 choices are present. I've added a note in the mod description (I had completely taken it for granted before, sorry). Thanks for the aid StevenAus!

January 5, 2014 5:30:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No worries Dhuran!

January 12, 2014 4:08:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No zombies (like the butcher) in this mod? : )

January 12, 2014 6:19:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sunray242,

No zombies (like the butcher) in this mod? : )

I'm assuming by butcher you mean butchermen?

If so I didn't add butchermen to the trainable undead for two reasons:

1. Butchermen were created in a specific event, and I was trying to keep the mod as lore friendly as possible.

2. Adding more units could throw off the balance of the mod and make it an overpowered ability

There is a companion mod on the Nexus by DatedSandwich that adds more units to the Reanimation Rituals ability if the points above don't bother you. Here is a link to that: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1865/?

The reason I haven't added traditional zombies to anything is simply because I'm not an artist, so I haven't added any new art aside from modifying some already existing particle effects, tile objects, and icons. That's not to say I won't ever add any traditional zombies in the future in some way. I just haven't yet.

Hope this helps!

January 12, 2014 7:17:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks! I really needed that!

No necromancer without zombies!

January 20, 2014 8:46:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Update 4.2 is here. This is the zombie update! Yeah. . . I caved and added zombies, but they aren't butchermen. I think the way that I implemented will retain balance. This means a new version of Reanimation Rituals and Necromantic Compendium (and obviously Necromancy Revamped).

Zombies in Reanimation Rituals: You can train them at the same time you can train Skeletons. They are slightly slower than skeletons and slightly tougher (more HP), other than that they are much the same except for visually (I used the skin texture for butchermen, but they otherwise don't look or act like them).

Zombies in Necromantic Compendium: I added a number of spells involving them. A lot of them are either/or spells. For instance, Raise Skeleton doesn't stack with itself or Raise Zombie. They also spawn from the Necropolis.

I also made Baleful reflex a bit more tactically interesting, and added a new defensive spell for undead units.

As always, any feedback is welcome. Happy reanimating!

January 26, 2014 7:11:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great mod! I really enjoy it! I enjoy it even more because it is compatible with my Patchwork mod and even together with Demons and Wizards mod it still seems have no problems.

The only minor thing is that the leader could be a little bit stronger for Patchwork mod's conditions, but if a player makes a new one, it would be enough.

Also, do you plan to change main picture for the Path of the Necromancer? Now it's a copy of Path of the mage. May be its good to take picture of Gallowman or other undead creature and The main picture recolor in black, yes, paint it black

January 26, 2014 8:06:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting webusver,

Great mod! I really enjoy it! I enjoy it even more because it is compatible with my Patchwork mod and even together with Demons and Wizards mod it still seems have no problems.

The only minor thing is that the leader could be a little bit stronger for Patchwork mod's conditions, but if a player makes a new one, it would be enough.

Also, do you plan to change main picture for the Path of the Necromancer? Now it's a copy of Path of the mage. May be its good to take picture of Gallowman or other undead creature and The main picture recolor in black, yes, paint it black

Thanks! It should be completely compatible with Demons and Wizards since I confine the Necromantic Compendium stuff to inside of the Necromancer path now.

How do you mean stronger for Patchwork mod's conditions? That faction (and the leader) are actually just my personal faction that I play with. I just fleshed out the back-story stuff cause I figured it could be a good example faction with the added faction ability. That said, the faction is thematically created. I didn't pay too much attention to making it a really powerful combination of abilities. I'm happy to hear any feedback though. If I can improve its interactivity with your mod by making some balance changes to the sovereign I would be happy to tweak him. As long as still matches up with the theme I have going in my mind!

I've thought about changing the faction picture, and I will probably end up doing it at some point. I just have to sit down and work through it... which usually takes awhile for that kind of stuff because I'm not an artist at all. I'll usually botch it many times before I'm happy with the results.

Thanks again for the comments!

January 26, 2014 10:40:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Dhuran,
How do you mean stronger for Patchwork mod's conditions? That faction (and the leader) are actually just my personal faction that I play with. I just fleshed out the back-story stuff cause I figured it could be a good example faction with the added faction ability. That said, the faction is thematically created. I didn't pay too much attention to making it a really powerful combination of abilities. I'm happy to hear any feedback though. If I can improve its interactivity with your mod by making some balance changes to the sovereign I would be happy to tweak him. As long as still matches up with the theme I have going in my mind!

The sovereign is all right for vanilla game. Simply in Patchwork mod all sovereigns have 5 starting points instead of 6 but pay less for migic spreres and all AI sovereigns gain Mounsterhunter, Expansionist and Militarist behaviour. Also wraiths should have Clubber strategy because of their unique staffs and more advanced units-zealots. All these differencies I included in a micro-micro patch of your sovereign.

Quoting Dhuran,
I've thought about changing the faction picture, and I will probably end up doing it at some point. I just have to sit down and work through it... which usually takes awhile for that kind of stuff because I'm not an artist at all. I'll usually botch it many times before I'm happy with the results.

I understand you. My latest game save dates September 25, 2013. Since that I went on modding and now can only dream to return fully to the game. Now I have plans for about two weaks, then I estimate to fulfil my dream.

February 25, 2014 7:04:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bug found: Necromancer class: spirit neophyte skill (doesn't give the 2 mana tactical regeneration. I don't know if the other 5% ability works).

Webusver confirmed that it wasn't his doing. (I play with all compatible patchwork mods). 

Thanks!  

February 25, 2014 10:57:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sunray242,

Bug found: Necromancer class: spirit neophyte skill (doesn't give the 2 mana tactical regeneration. I don't know if the other 5% ability works).

Webusver confirmed that it wasn't his doing. (I play with all compatible patchwork mods). 

Thanks!  

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I thought I had this working... but I just tested it and it's not working right. It will be fixed one way or another for the next update.

February 26, 2014 7:07:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for your great mod.

I just have a small suggestion. Instead of being able to design skeletons with the undying curse, would it not be more plausible to have the zombies have the undying curse (zombies are "freshly dead" from the battlefield) instead of old skeletons?

Butchermen are realy nice because they really have the zombie feel : )

Thanks!

February 27, 2014 10:59:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sunray242,

Thanks for your great mod.

I just have a small suggestion. Instead of being able to design skeletons with the undying curse, would it not be more plausible to have the zombies have the undying curse (zombies are "freshly dead" from the battlefield) instead of old skeletons?

Butchermen are realy nice because they really have the zombie feel : )

Thanks!

The Undying Curse trait in unit designs is from DLC 4. So it will only show up for unit designs on reanimation rituals units if you've made a custom Dead race faction with reanimation rituals.

I'm glad you enjoy the mod, and thank you for the helpful feedback and bug spotting so far!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time: