[eMOD] [LH 1.8] Necromancy Revamped v4.6 (Updated: 2015-02-05)

By on May 19, 2013 8:50:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dhuran

Join Date 06/2010
+10

This mod adds a faction ability and class path aimed at expanding your options for necromancy. It includes new spells, trainable undead units, and more necromancy themed items.

Reanimation Rituals enables trainable undead (skeletons, spectres and liches) that unlock with magic tech (much like Cult of 100 Eyes). Necromantic Compendium adds the Necromancer class path.

================================================================================================
Reanimation Ritual Ability:

** Trainable Skeletons and Zombies: You can also edit them to make custom undead units

** Trainable Spectres: Unlocks with Sorcery tech

** Trainable Lich: Unlocks with Third Book of the Magi tech

Necromantic Compendium Ability:

* In order to access this path, you must 'scroll' over to it with the mouse wheel in the path selection screen.

* Play and find out!

Necromantic Relics:

Ebony Key: +1 Reanimated creature level. Available in store after Enchantment tech is researched.

Saltes Urn: Grants ability to raise a skeleton. Available in store and for unit design after Rituals tech is researched.

Canopic Jars: Smash one of these jars and you will be transported randomly within a 3 tile radius, leaving a skeleton in your wake. Available in store and for unit design after Arcane Mastery tech is researched.

Vitae Lacuna: Powerful necromancy themed staff that is only found as a rare loot drop. Does cold damage, adds +2 to reanimated creature levels and grants the ability to use Wall of Bone.

+ More!

================================================================================================
IF YOU ARE UPGRADING: Uninstall the older version.

NOTE:

Legendary Heroes does NOT transfer creature type into the files it generates for user designed units. What this means is that if you start a new game, and use an undead unit you designed in a previous game, it will show up as Race: Men in game. This will cause some of the spells in Necromantic Compendium to not recognize them and affect them as they should. I am providing an optional Python script (I wrote it in Python cause I could do it fast). You will need to install Python 2.7 to run it, but Python is free and easy to install. You run it from the folder you extracted this mod from (where the batch file lives) and it looks through all the creature XML's the game has made for your custom units, checks if they're undead. If they're undead, but don't have a creature type yet, the script gives them the undead creature type so they will work in all future games (it also backs up the original). You will need to run it after you finish a game where you created any new undead custom units. The script is optional. You can just go into the XMl file yourself and add <CreatureType>Undead</CreatureType> almost anywhere in the creature definition if you want to.

Credits:
Heavenfall: Helping with Children of Storm compatibility (Thanks!)

jutetrea(SD Forums): Valuable balance feedback (Thanks!)

GFireflyE(SD Forums): Valuable balance feedback (Thanks!)

Primal_Savage(SD Forums): XML bug/error spotting, custom icons (Thanks!)

webusver(SD Forums): Making a whole set of custom icons (Thanks!)

Sir_Toejam (Nexus Site): Useful feedback and suggestions (Thanks!)

DOWNLOADS:  

Whole mod plus the faction:

Necromancy Revamped (4.6)

Optional:

DLC04 (Undead Faction) Compatibility

Custom Undead Unit Fixer Python Script (optional):

View as text on the website if you want to review the contents: http://www.mediafire.com/view/rpnia7nv8jnpn3o/creature_fix.py

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3fju6tu2pdlfru/creature_fix.py

Get Python (2.7.x) here: http://www.python.org/

Standalone executable version of Undead Unit Fixer Script (optional):

This is identical to the Python script version except you don't need to install Python since it bundles all the .dlls needed

to run it within the 'build' and 'dist' folders. Just unzip it in the same way you unzip any other component of this mod and

run creature_fix.exe from the same location that you would run the Python script from.

Custom Undead Unit Fixer Standalone

It's also been uploaded onto the Nexus site

Nexus Link

Locked Post 175 Replies +2 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Primal_Savage
webusver
June 27, 2013 8:34:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Dhuran,

Quoting GFireflyE,
reply 49

1. Is the Spectre supposed to be a constructed unit from your cities?

2. You are correct about my sovereign using the Warlock ability. So 60 mana is the actual cost (which is more reasonable considering the 9 skeletons you get).

3. Imo, friendlyfire should be on for this spell. As a summoner, this was just too abusive. Skeletal Horde for 9 skeletons with 20hp each. Each skeleton runs up to the enemy and just slaughters them with 20 true damage each. At least with friendly fire, you'd have to watch where you put them. As for the sfx, I was kinda expecting...you know...a detonation?!? Ka-BOOM.

Overall, excellent mod! Can't see me playing another game of LH without it.

1. Yes, it should be a trainable unit as long as you have researched the sorcery tech, and your faction has the reanimation rituals ability.

3. I'm going to give Explosive Deanimation some love for the next patch.

Thanks again for the feedback, and I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

1. Strange. I am unable to build the Spectre, yet I am an Empire faction with the Reamination Rituals ability. Also have the Necromantic Compendium. I can build the Skeleton unit....even saw the update change when mana cost was reduced from 30 to 20. Just don't see the Spectre for construction despite having the Sorcery tech.

June 29, 2013 1:14:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Update to Version 2.1. Just in time for the weekend!

Lots of balance fixes. Gave Explosive Deanimation some love. And fixed a mana bug!

Changelog is below, and mirrored on the second post with the rest of them. Enjoy!

Version 2.1

- Fixed bug causing Raise Skeletal Horde to cost 2X mana to cast it (NC) 

- Added friendly fire to the radius of Explosive Deanimation (NC) 

- Changed Explosive Deanimation to deal 75% physical damage and 25% fire damage (NC) 

- Changed sound effect for Explosive Deanimation to be more appropriate (NC) 

- Changed the particle effect for Explosive Deanimation to be more appropriate (NC) 

- Improved (slightly) the description of Mantle of Death to highlight the downside (the rest is still 'play and find out') (NC) 

- Grave Chill ability is now a ranged attack (RR) 

- Grave Chill ability now can effect allies (RR) 

- Added a minimum level requirement of 8 to Master Necromancy trait (NC) 

- Added a minimum level requirement of 10 to Ascendant Necromancy trait (NC) 

- Changed prerequisite technology for training Lich from Black Quire to Third Book of the Magi (RR)

July 7, 2013 8:26:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good Morning

Playing with your Necro mod again.

Sent you a PM on the Spectre a short while back. Here are some other notes about the mod for your consideration:

• Just noticed that you have Wall of Bone and Horde of Skeletons both under the same trait Greater Necro. Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but would it be worth spreading these summons out a little more? Perhaps move Horde of Skeletons to Master Neco, but make them a little tougher? This way each trait gives you something.
  • Really like that master Necro requires level 8 and Ascendant Necro requires lvl 10.
  • I don't understand the Mantle of Death spell. Each time I've cast it so far, I've lost hitpoints...not gained...and all it seems to do it give me poison immunity. Seems very weak for 600 mana and 3 turns of time. Would have thought all my damage would have deathshards taken into account or something.....something powerful.

more to come if I come across more. Still have to check out your changes to the Explosive Deanimination...

and I'm back. Just played with Explosive Deanimation. LOLOLOLOLOLz BEST SPELL EVER! Love the sfx. Love the animations. I think the damage dealt is pretty good too. Friendly fire was an excellant obvious must! Despite that...I still blow things up, even if my units are close by...it's just too fun!

Very well done!

July 7, 2013 9:42:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Good Morning

Playing with your Necro mod again.

Sent you a PM on the Spectre a short while back. Here are some other notes about the mod for your consideration:

Just noticed that you have Wall of Bone and Horde of Skeletons both under the same trait Greater Necro. Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but would it be worth spreading these summons out a little more? Perhaps move Horde of Skeletons to Master Neco, but make them a little tougher? This way each trait gives you something.
Really like that master Necro requires level 8 and Ascendant Necro requires lvl 10.
I don't understand the Mantle of Death spell. Each time I've cast it so far, I've lost hitpoints...not gained...and all it seems to do it give me poison immunity. Seems very weak for 600 mana and 3 turns of time. Would have thought all my damage would have deathshards taken into account or something.....something powerful.

more to come if I come across more. Still have to check out your changes to the Explosive Deanimination...

Just replied to your PM! Regarding this feedback:

1. Skeletal Horde is a vanilla spell, so I don't want to move it around to a different trait. My thought process with this was: Once you have the ability to summon a horde of skeletons, you should be able to summon them in more than one 'pattern'. However, I've always been a little iffy on Wall of Bone. Out of all the spells, it is probably the one I'm least satisfied with, so once I think of something more fun/clever, it will probably be replaced anyways.

2. Glad that feels right to you too. I was staggering it with the spell book level requirements.

3. Mantle of Death adds a trait to your sovereign called Demilich. You should be able to see what the effects are by mousing over the ability token when you're looking at your sovereigns character screen (to the left of where he's standing). You should only be able to cast it once.

Thanks again for all the great feedback!

July 8, 2013 10:54:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you for the graet mod Dhuran. It really adds some extra flavour to LH and feels very nicely balanced. This is a permanent mod for me!

July 8, 2013 8:25:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting LordTheRon,

Thank you for the graet mod Dhuran. It really adds some extra flavour to LH and feels very nicely balanced. This is a permanent mod for me!

Glad you enjoy it! Thanks for chiming in!

July 10, 2013 7:34:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting LordTheRon,

Agreed!

July 11, 2013 2:57:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Auggie12,

Quoting LordTheRon, reply 55Thank you for the graet mod Dhuran. It really adds some extra flavour to LH and feels very nicely balanced. This is a permanent mod for me!

Agreed!

Thanks! I will probably have an update ready this weekend to improve on the Spectre unit. I might wait until LH V1.3 though, since it's fixing something that I couldn't implement cause it's broken right now.

July 18, 2013 10:36:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated components to version 2.2 (changelog in second post)

As always, feedback is welcome. Enjoy!

July 19, 2013 7:46:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Haven't had a chance to try out v2.2 yet but had a really fun game yesterday with v2.1. I'm just trying out the Reanimation Rituals but it's been a lot of fun using undead units. They fit in seamlessly with the rest of the game and make for a cool addition to the game. Hope you feel that modding is fun enough to keep doing.

Many thanks for sharing this.

Is the game hard to mod? I barely have the time to play the game right now but I would love to see a "voodoo" type mod that adds recruitable swamp creatures and venom/plague themed spells. If it's possible to use your mod as a template I could do it myself.

July 19, 2013 12:33:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wauthan,

Haven't had a chance to try out v2.2 yet but had a really fun game yesterday with v2.1. I'm just trying out the Reanimation Rituals but it's been a lot of fun using undead units. They fit in seamlessly with the rest of the game and make for a cool addition to the game. Hope you feel that modding is fun enough to keep doing.

Many thanks for sharing this.

Is the game hard to mod? I barely have the time to play the game right now but I would love to see a "voodoo" type mod that adds recruitable swamp creatures and venom/plague themed spells. If it's possible to use your mod as a template I could do it myself.

Glad you enjoy it!

Depends on what you're trying to do. Some odd things are hard coded into the game. Adding units to be trainable is pretty easy, unless you are making them designable and want them to have access to a custom set of existing gear. In that case you have to add a new unitmodeltype and insert that entry into every single item that you want them to have access to. I didn't do that with skeletons (I just used the wraith male item set).

If I do another mod it will probably be to add more spells into the game, but I still have to finish my master spell-list for that. Definitely feel free to use whatever I've done as a template to help you get started!

September 8, 2013 4:34:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to version 3.0! Now with necromancy themed items! As always, the changelog is in the second post, and I welcome any feedback! Enjoy!

September 15, 2013 4:50:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Small hotfix update to fix a mistake I made with one of the items, and to make the mod more modular (haha) again. Changelog on the second post (most recent at the top). I split it again so that you can download specific components if you desire. This increases compatibility with other mods so you can pick parts that won't conflict with other mods (for instance, Necromantic compendium and conflict with any mods that modify the trait trees). Enjoy!

September 21, 2013 1:05:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good Morning

Decided to pick up a game of FE:LH again and have been playing with your cultists. Mod is really developing very well. I like it. With luck, maybe it'll turn into an official DLC, eh.

Do have a small point to make about the Spectre:

- Love the Spectre's powers and abilities! Fantastic job! However, with the physical resistance the creature has, I am finding it to be a smidge too strong. Rather than attempting to further weaken out the really cool design in order to balance it further, I recommend adding an upkeep of 1 mana/turn. This way, you'll have the option to pay for the cool factor. In addition...maybe increase the production cost to build a Spectre by a smidge aswell...otherwise, really good, well rounded unit.

more to come...

September 21, 2013 2:48:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Good Morning

Decided to pick up a game of FE:LH again and have been playing with your cultists. Mod is really developing very well. I like it. With luck, maybe it'll turn into an official DLC, eh.

Do have a small point to make about the Spectre:

- Love the Spectre's powers and abilities! Fantastic job! However, with the physical resistance the creature has, I am finding it to be a smidge too strong. Rather than attempting to further weaken out the really cool design in order to balance it further, I recommend adding an upkeep of 1 mana/turn. This way, you'll have the option to pay for the cool factor. In addition...maybe increase the production cost to build a Spectre by a smidge aswell...otherwise, really good, well rounded unit.

more to come...

Awesome, thanks! I have a lot of fun working on this, despite some of the modding system oddities that crop up here and there.

Thanks for the feedback on the Spectre. It's really helpful to get more perspective on stuff, so don't hesitate to post any thoughts on balance or flavor. I use all this stuff when I play, and I actually was thinking the Spectre felt a little weak (maybe I just suck). I'm going to try tweaking the build costs. A mana upkeep is an intriguing idea as well.

At any rate, now's a good time to make suggestions since I'm adding a bunch of other stuff right now!

September 22, 2013 11:10:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the continued support Dhuran. Very nice mod. It's good fun playing against the Cultists too.

September 22, 2013 7:53:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Glad you enjoy it!

Since I pretty much only play as the Cultists, it would be interesting to hear how well the AI uses all of the stuff in the mod.

September 23, 2013 1:04:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm composing a new set of spells that I'm calling Entropic Spells. The concept is that they operate around a resource that some spells create, and some spells use. I don't want to add them to the Necromantic Compendium set because I think that would be too many spells for one ability, and throw off the balance of the mod.

I'm currently entertaining a few ideas and I want to hear your thoughts on them or see if anyone has any other ideas:

- Sprinkle the spells in with techs for everyone.

- Sprinkle them in with current spell books so different ones are unlocked with different spellbook level up unlocks (this opens up multi-branch requirements for some).

- Add a new faction ability that unlocks them and associate them either as above, or at certain caster levels.

I'm also working on associating the Mantle of Death Ritual with a quest. I was working on that a lot today, but since the only way to start a quest is with a location, a turn count, or a resource count, I figured the only way to start the quest after Ascendant Necromancy is obtained was to bootstrap it by making that ability add a ghost resource just for starting the quest. I wasn't able to get it to work... But I haven't given up! If anyone knows of a better way accomplish more dynamic quest triggers, I'm open to suggestions!

September 29, 2013 7:43:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Update to V3.2!

Added some new spells, and got rid of a boring placeholder one. Plus some fixes and balance changes. Also added a quest for Mantle of Death...

Full change log in first post.

Good luck!

September 30, 2013 5:09:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for a new update! For new spells I would love them to be compatible with Abob's demons and wizards mod. Your mods are my favourites by far and currently complement each other very nicely.

September 30, 2013 9:14:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I haven't checked out the demons and wizards mod. I looked at the mod and assumed it would be incompatible with this mod since his makes a lot of changes to the level up traits. It would definitely be a pleasant surprise to learn that it is compatible after all.

As for the new spell set, I've decided to just roll them up into an entirely new mod altogether. The new mod is going to add a set of thematic spells into the already existing spellbooks, so it should be pretty easily compatible with a large set of mods (unless they change the core/vanilla spellbooks).

November 3, 2013 1:02:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Added a simple mod that makes the creatures added in DLC 4 compatible with the spells, abilities and items added in Necromancy Revamped. As a bonus I added city defenders so that you get Undead defenders in Dead faction cities instead of Wraith defenders...

Incidentally this should also make the creatures compatible with Stormworld.

November 3, 2013 1:36:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Now that SD has released there own version of an undead sovereign, do you have any plans/intensions of changing your mod to become more similar (or dis-similar) to there release?

November 3, 2013 3:25:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Now that SD has released there own version of an undead sovereign, do you have any plans/intensions of changing your mod to become more similar (or dis-similar) to there release?

I'm pretty happy with how they interact right now, actually.

Dead World DLC -> Undead Faction (can intrinsically train/raise undead units)

Reanimation Rituals -> Living faction that is adept in Necromancy (uses mana to train/raise undead units)

Necromantic Compendium works well with the Undead faction trait (with the DLC4 fix). Never know what might occur to me though. I've been satisfied with this mod in the past and still ended up doing major overhauls.

November 3, 2013 6:49:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey Dhuran, I am sure you might have ben asked before and I somehow missed it, but do you know if your MOD is compatible with either Children of Storm (LH version of Stormworld) and/or Demons and wizards. All three together would make for one HECK of a game with amazing options for growth. 

Thanks. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time: