Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+173

*** Released 5/16/2013 ***

Fixes

Fixed an issue keeping Guardian Idols form using the sovereigns spells

Fixed an issue causing quest maps to not work

Fixed an issue that could cause units to be placed off of the tactical map

Fixed an issue that would still allow units to cast spells while they were berserk

Fixed an issue with the Heart Of Morian not boosting HP of units trained in that city

Fixed an issue where you could be unable to select a perk if you had traits form other trees

Fixed an issue that would keep you from boarding a ship with a full army

Fixed an issue where the Broken Loyalty spell would cause the unit to retake it immediatly

Fixed an issue that can cause a stuck turn after attacking a city without defenders

Fixed an issue that can occasionally cause barren tiles to appear under water

Fixed an animation issue that caused units to keep running for a second when doing a move and attack action

Balance

Removed the init penalty from all types of chain gloves

Reduced the init of shrills slightly

Switched Crow Demons from Graceful to Stand Firm traits

Knights of Asok increased from a group of 3 to 4

Cindercorpses are now immune to fire

Reduced the mana cost of the Confusion spell from 80 to 40

Propoganda reduced to +1 gildar per essence (instead of +2 gildar per essence)

All spears/boar spears/pikes reduced to 33% armor piercing (from 50%)

Dual Burning Axes is now Uncommon (instead of Common

Book Of Mastery moved to behind the Third Book of the Magi (from a 5th rank tech to a 7th rank tech)

Fixed an issue causing players to Offer Tribute to team members

Lightning Bolt damage increased to 8 (+2 per level) instead of a flat 10.  Increased the casting cost from 20 to 25

Storm loses its casting time and its mana cost increased from 18 to 24

Increased the amount of darkling guards on Deorcynsse

Administrator III reduced to -5% faction wide unrest (instead of -10%) and it has a min level of 8

Birth of Summer and Bloom of Twilight reduced to 200 mana casting cost (instead of 300) and moved up to Sorcery (instead of Third Book of the Magi)

Blindness reduces the victims dodge by 25% as well as accuracy

Burning Hands damage increased to 10+2 instead of 8+2

Curgen's Volcano mana cost reduced to 1200 (from 2000)

Casting time removed from Curse

Flame Wave casting time reduced to 1 turn (from 2 turns) and damage increased to 8+2 instead of 4+2

Guardian Wind mana cost reduced to 4 (form 9) and Dodge vs ranged bonus increased to 25+5 instead of 15+5

Nature's Call has its range removed

Storm casting time removed

The Defender version of Plate Mail Proficiency no longer has a level prereq

Medic and First Aid traits have been moved form the Defender tree to the general tree

Removed the Potential 2 and 3 traits

Moved Medic and First Aid form the Defender skill tree to the General skill tree

Increased Champion (and sovereign) base hp slightly

Scenario

Fixed issues that were placing champion versions of normal units (like burning bladed, warg riding, path of the mage pioneers)

Added some additional detail, events and art

Fixed an issue allowing duplicate copies of Jordur and Craul

Locked Post 89 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 17, 2013 12:14:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Don't know about anyone else, but Quest Maps [via Wanderlust] still don't work for me.  They're never available for purchase.

May 17, 2013 12:41:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just tested quest maps with a custom faction via the cheat menu, they are working for me. Have you researched the appropriate tech?

May 17, 2013 12:44:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

Give us a link SBFMadDjinn, I'd love to check it out too (I've watched some of your earlier ones).

With all of the drama that Nintendo has been involved with recently, claiming all ad revenue on Youtube for themselves, I'd love to know: Does Stardock have an official policy on monetizing Let's Plays?

May 17, 2013 1:13:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Naidrev,

Quoting Derek Paxton, reply 71
Give us a link SBFMadDjinn, I'd love to check it out too (I've watched some of your earlier ones).

With all of the drama that Nintendo has been involved with recently, claiming all ad revenue on Youtube for themselves, I'd love to know: Does Stardock have an official policy on monetizing Let's Plays?

Nintendo plans on never seeing their games get free advertising on Youtube - because that's what the deal is.  People who post videos of a game generate interest in that game, which is called 'free advertising', and that ends up making the company money from sales of the game.  If I actually got paid like a sales agent, I'd make more money from getting a % of sales from people who bought the games I've streamed than the actual ad revenue.

May 17, 2013 1:53:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek, do you know that the Unit Upgrade Window is bugged?  It auto-closes after choosing a single upgrade, when it seems like it was designed such that you could select all the upgrades you want, then manually close it with the Done button.

May 17, 2013 2:01:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting mqpiffle,

Derek, do you know that the Unit Upgrade Window is bugged?  It auto-closes after choosing a single upgrade, when it seems like it was designed such that you could select all the upgrades you want, then manually close it with the Done button.

I would definitely like this change.  Having to open the upgrade window 3 times for a full upgrade seems like a missed opportunity.

May 17, 2013 5:19:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Diplomacy info Suggestion: Main window, upper right hand corner, diplomatic info box. Add treat status to info bars, after name, before 'power rating.' T= NAP treaty currently active with that faction. A = alliance treaty currently active for that faction. "$" indicates trade treaty active, "RD" or "RnD" (research and development) or "IQ" for tech research treaty active. Example: [face/crossed words - Name of faction - T IQ - power rating number] This would allow players to see quickly what the treaty status is with each of the sovs, without going through the very numerous click -open -window-click, for each sov. All shows in one easy to see window on main screen, a window that is already there. Not sure about space/room. Might also place a ">-<" for caravans active. No letters between the faction name, and the power rating number would indicate no treaties currently in force at all.
May 17, 2013 5:26:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Game balancing issues: implement them in a manner that the player may choose. For example, the issue of settlement population levels unlocking new "free' buildings, etc. May I kindly suggest that instead of making all the balancing changes via hard code - instead, implement the changes at world creation via a slider, or set of choices selected via checkboxes? For example, with settlement / population intermix: give several set ranges, and have a check box to select it. If a use wants settlements to unlock at lower population 'break points,' let them check the box that has that setting. While balancing the game is important, and the balancing can be 'made' for the recommended (default) settings, leave the other options there for those who like to customize.. etc.
May 17, 2013 5:50:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting SBFMadDjinn,

Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/maddjinn/new

Fridays and Mondays at 5pm EDT (10pm UTC) I live stream for 2 hrs.

Tuned in^

3 helmets in a row... RNG definitely needs attention.

May 17, 2013 7:07:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting cardinaldirection,

Quoting SBFMadDjinn, reply 75
Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/maddjinn/new

Fridays and Mondays at 5pm EDT (10pm UTC) I live stream for 2 hrs.

Tuned in^

3 helmets in a row... RNG definitely needs attention.

3 leather helmets, 1 compass, 1 recall scroll and an Ice spear.  RNG it is, but that RNG sort of balances out the starting location awesomeness (except for the wolves at the door).

May 19, 2013 1:45:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It is definately worth it to watch MadDjinn#s Stream!

On a side note:

Official release is only 3 days ahead and I wish the game good luck especially concerning critics.

Sometimes I like to think that we Beta testers would like the game to be even more, when it is already playable as it is now.

I guess the critics will decide upon the matter.

Will 0.92 be the release version?

Edit: There is also still the "form" -> "from" spelling error right in the first line of fixes.

May 19, 2013 1:49:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting N1ghthavvk,
Will 0.92 be the release version?

They have another version .95 going about right now (not released to us). They included several small fixes. There are a few more touchups to be made. The coreRandom files have some errors in them. They refer to items that don't actually exist in the game (AmuletOfStrength) and (Scroll_Life), they also refer to a champion that is not in the units folder (Champion_Wilbur) -- that was also an error in FE as well.

May 19, 2013 3:23:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've been playing a game with .92 and I can say it's release ready except for some bugs, grammar and tweaks. Are there some improvements and bugs to squish? You bet. But it hits the mark for release-ready. The biggest dings against Fallen Enchantress have been addressed (lack of fun with strategic combat, prone to easy abuse, lack of tie-in with cities, etc.). Can't wait for 1.0 and beyond!

May 19, 2013 3:36:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Reliant,

I've been playing a game with .92 and I can say it's release ready except for some bugs, grammar and tweaks. Are there some improvements and bugs to squish? You bet. But it hits the mark for release-ready. The biggest dings against Fallen Enchantress have been addressed (lack of fun with strategic combat, prone to easy abuse, lack of tie-in with cities, etc.). Can't wait for 1.0 and beyond!

Agreed. Very stable, rarely encountering any noticable bugs or glitches, and the AI is definitely getting better.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: