Druid Hero

By on May 14, 2013 7:26:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ronin313

Join Date 09/2006
+1

How can one, in a world such as 'Elemental' not have a Druid hero, I ask you this?

Meditate, reflect on this you must.

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 14, 2013 7:51:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok, let me reflect on this.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................nope, nothing. Don't miss it.

May 14, 2013 9:18:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,
How can one, in a world such as 'Elemental' not have a Druid hero, I ask you this?

Meditate, reflect on this you must.

I've seen this request several times from individuals and it does seem like a good request. Most likely this would work best as a DLC.

However, what IS this Druid going to look like? Never have I seen what his abilities could look like, etc etc. Is he a summoner? Is he a weatherman? Is he a shapeshifter?

If SD is going to consider it, they're going to require a more filled out idea than 'we need a druid'.

May 14, 2013 9:27:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think the's the good question.  What is a druid in Elemental?  I know what a druid is in D&D and WoW and Palladium, but what would constitute a druid in Elemental?  

May 14, 2013 9:56:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A Tarthian Beastmaster Earth Adept with the two points of mana per season trait?

May 14, 2013 10:06:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have a Druid Sov in my (wip) mod.  I'm not a fan of posting info about mods until they're pretty much ready to go, but I kinda like this guy so here's my take.  He's probably a bit cheesy for some but anyways.  He has access to 2 new spell schools, "Nature" and "Beasts" that i'm working on, the Beastlord trait and access to a few specific abilities unique to his faction.  No shapeshift though, can't think how to implement it.  Hopefully one day this will see the light of day.

May 14, 2013 10:06:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Beastlord with life and earth magic?  I would take brilliant, scholar and attunement and then not settle even an initial city.  Could take some city negative traits and get even more positive picks.  Make a Tarth-blood race with master scouts, lucky, wanderlust and archery.

I played a game like this back in 0.85.  Had quite a bit of fun.

If they were to add a new line to the Mage trait with nature based summons and some nature spells like ROTM root, that would be great!

edit:    abob101 read my mind!! (see above) 

2nd edit:  Nice icons!

May 14, 2013 11:00:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting abob101,
I have a Druid Sov in my (wip) mod.  I'm not a fan of posting info about mods until they're pretty much ready to go, but I kinda like this guy so here's my take.  He's probably a bit cheesy for some but anyways.  He has access to 2 new spell schools, "Nature" and "Beasts" that i'm working on, the Beastlord trait and access to a few specific abilities unique to his faction.  No shapeshift though, can't think how to implement it.  Hopefully one day this will see the light of day.

Reduced 45%

Original 1260 x 918

Reduced 51%

Original 1117 x 791

I want!

That looks awesome!!!

May 14, 2013 6:56:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks really nice. Can't wait to play with your Druid Sov.

May 14, 2013 9:36:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting abob101,
No shapeshift though, can't think how to implement it.

I'm not a modder, but could you make a spell that spawned a unit which when taking damage applies the damage to the caster as well?  The spell would also need to incapacitate the caster and make him invulnerable to damage (with a cool effect to make it clear that he's become ethereal).

Sure you get two units on the gameboard, but the effect on the battle is essentially the same.

May 14, 2013 9:48:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, i've experimented with a spell of this sort already. I've gotten it to ''change'' into a bear. I've made the casting player imobilized for the duration of the AI, and made the caster invisible on top of this.

I've not been able to make the caster immune from being targeted by the AI, nor have I been able to create a successful life link (a life link yes, successfully between the two units... no). There are a few other issues to work out, but at the moment it seems to be a fantasy than a reality to create.

May 14, 2013 10:41:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the replies, I think with the art style of elemental and the elemental nature of the lore and universe that a Druid hero would fit perfectly.

I was thinking the Druid can have a few lines of specialization to go down as per some of the other heroes

1.  Shapeshifting abilities to make the Druid a powerhouse in melee

2.  Elemental and Animal Summoning abilities to supplement armies

3.  Elemental and Nature based spells, both strategic and tactical.  Spells like entangle to hold enemies in place, or fissure that enemies can perhaps fall into.  I would separate out some mage spells that are more elemental in nature.  Transmute land perhaps to change forest into desert, cause a blizzard to blind and disorient enemies that wander into your territory or summon a wall of vines. 

Remember Creeping Doom from  D&D?  That would be a kick ass strategic spell to use on a few tiles or a city.

4.  Healing and buffing abilities that build on the Life tree and have AOE - No priest/cleric hero so this perhaps can cover some of that.

Basically keep talking hopefully Kael is listening to us.  I didn't want to constrain things too much, open ended, non defensive discussions are more conducive to a good customer centric outcome! Jesus I've spend too long in the business world.

May 15, 2013 7:15:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Even in the base game you can make a druid themed custom faction & sovereign that does basically everything on your list except for the shapeshifting. I know because your thread inspired me to do it! Beastlord with earth and life magic. Faction with archers, master scouts and enchanters. Spend your remaining points to your personal taste. Take the mage tree with aeromancy, hydromancy, geomancy, abjuration and perhaps a few summoning spells if you want and you've got a master of nature magic that's good to go.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000421   Page Render Time: