Losing Scrolls During Tactical Battle

When canceling

By on May 6, 2013 6:54:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

danielxxlee

Join Date 03/2013

I've noticed that some of my scrolls disappear when clicked on, whether it was used or not. I'm not sure if this has already been reported, but it's an irritating bug. For instance, if I click a fireball scroll but change my mind and right-click/cancel out of it (like canceling a spell), the scroll will still disappear as if it's been used. After the tactical battle, it'll be gone as well. I've only noticed it with scrolls, but I'm now veeery carefully deciding when I want to use scrolls.

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 6, 2013 8:21:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Same thing is true of other consumable items, like the Beast Collar. Not sure on healing items, though I imagine they're prone to this as well. I've had to auto-resolve a lot of combats and reload because of this one. You should be able to cancel out and still retain the item.

May 6, 2013 10:54:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Reliant,
Same thing is true of other consumable items, like the Beast Collar.

Nice job making that connection.  I'd seen this behavior on the beast collar, but don't recall ever cancelling use of a scroll.

May 7, 2013 4:00:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This might be related to the fact (or bug, more likely) that you can only have 3 or 4 items available for use during combat.

Sadly, the game selects which ones...

May 9, 2013 10:46:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I havent been able to repro this.  For me if I click on the fireball scroll then right click to cancel I still have the scroll.  I also dont have any problem having more than 3-4 items in combat.

http://screencast.com/t/Zd8j6U8rs2Wi

If anyone has a save where I can check this out or more specific steps to repro I'd love to see it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: