[eMOD] Immersion Mod Version 1.6 (LH 1.6) Compatible with Children of the Storm vs1.6a - Updated 7-22

By on May 6, 2013 6:24:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

BlackRainZ

Join Date 02/2006
+17

NOW VERSION 1.6 WHICH IS COMPATIBLE WITH COS 1.6a

In order to get this mod to work with Heavenfall's Children of the Storm mod, please first download Children of the Storm from Heavenfall and install it as instructed, you will then overwrite his files with those downloaded with the Immersion Mod in the mods folder.

Compatible with Heroic pursuits. 

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:

First if you want to use Children of the Storm, you have to download Children of the storm from Heavenfall's thread. That must be downloaded first and follow his instructions to install it. Then you download the immersion mod.

There are files and some folders in the download. The mods folder must be placed into: C:\Users\Name\Documents\MyGames\LegendaryHeroes

You will overwrite anything it says to overwrite, if you have successfully installed Children of the storm it will overwrite some of those files.

If you are not using Children of the storm you can just ignore the "Mod" folder in the download. Just delete it.

All the rest of the folders and files in the download must be placed right into your game directory, mine is :

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\FE Legendary Heroes\data\English

You must also overwrite all the files. YOU DO NOT PLACE THESE FILES IN THE MODS FOLDER.

Original release:

All units require population * 10 (a 3 squad unit is actually 30 soldiers)

All city types can build walls

New way of growing cities pretty much completely tied to buildings and sovereigns (Sovereigns grant growth bonuses to cities they are stationed in and some buildings give growth bonuses)

Cities will now grow to much larger populations. 500 - 2000 - 4000 - 8000 pop for city levels. Growth will be higher to accommodate this.

Unit production costs greatly decreased, perks, armor, weapons and items no longer add construction time (This does not affect Henchmen, Juggernauts or Golems which take the default time which means it will be much quicker to produce soldiers than these units but these units are very strong). This should also lower wages for units, the idea is to have larger armies with more units and soldiers (with some imagination required here since 3 men in a squad is actually 30 soldiers)

I am still considering whether to keep it that way, 3 men is 30 soldiers, 5 men is 50 soldiers, etc. or if I will do it the way I was doing it in the original Immersion mod and just make much larger sized units (which will do more damage)

I lowered amount of XP needed to level for champions, I personally like leveling faster and much more powerful champs. I will have to play with these numbers to get desired effects.

Changed some buildings, especially those affecting growth and food. Tower of Dominion now also gives extra grain, production and essence to signify what your "capitol" is.

Turns are now weeks and months to give a more realistic feeling of time passing.

I want troops to be able to be trained quickly in 1 or 2 turns (weeks). They are only recruits so it should not take a long time to train recruits regardless of their weapons and armor. 1 or 2 weeks is sufficient and the idea is that they are just recruits. Through fighting they will be "training" and gaining levels and becoming better soldiers which will take much more time (weeks).  

Some small changes to spells (affecting growth)

Sovereigns give a small research bonus (1 research)

Mage units still have some additional training time.

Changed the maps to be bigger (Less water). Also cities can be built closer together even on large maps.

All city types can build wells and inns ( which give growth). Some other city specific buildings give growth as well.

Some changes to diplomacy (different weights for certain things)

Added in more tax brackets and changed them around a bit. 

Version 0.75

---Adventurers guild will give more XP per turn and will stack with city XP gain. Also can be built in any town.

---All city types will give some regeneration to soldiers (5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 for lvl 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 cities)

---Added XP gain to towns, see post below for details. 

---Changed City militia to upgrade to the latest armor you have researched. Also, made the militia a little stronger (larger groups in some cases)

---Increased Growth rate on some buildings.

Version 0.8

---Made summons more powerful and meaningful (in my opinion). You can now play as a powerful summoner with armies of summoned creatures.

---Included Shawn2k's tile mod with some modifications

---Changed some map properties (huge is bigger now)

Version 0.85

---Simple fix for a mistake made, nothing new added

Version 1.0

---Integrated Children of the Storm (needs testing)

---Changed XP for adventurers guild from 20 to 10 per week

---other minor changes I can't remember (small tweaks in numbers and such here and there)

Version 1.1

---Lowered amount of XP that towns and adventurers guild gives (adventurers guild now gives 5 xp per turn, towns give 1,3,5,7,9 respectively)

Version 1.3

----Updated compatibility for Children of the Storm vs 1.1c 

----Fixed issue with summons not working as I intended them (Now summons will stack properly) You can summon units onto the strategic map an indefinite amount of times assuming you have enough mana and can create armies of them. They will also scale with shards and summon level (depending on which type of summon monster) Summons also have multiple shards affecting them. Summons on the tactics screen are not stackable. 

----Will have fixed issue with soldiers not costing population when using COS 

----I added production time to all kinds of chain and plate mail. Chain only has a slight production cost while plate has a larger production cost. This needs to be tested. I do not want it to be too much production but I also don't want it to be too little. Leather has no production so the idea is that most armies will consist of leather armored units with a decent amount of chain and few plate. I may make resource costs more expensive for plate in the future as well.  

----Only higher tier units will have maintenance cost, lower tier units (no armor or leather) will not have maintenance costs (Consider them volunteer forces and not professional soldiers)

Version 1.4

--- updated compatibility for COS 1.2a and version 1.2 of LH

--- Made spiders cheaper to recruit (to keep them competitive with units) Widows = 10 mana. Harridans = 30 mana, Hoarders = 60 mana.

Version 1.5

--- updated compatibility for COS 1.3a and LH 1.3.

Version 1.6

-- updated compatibility for version 1.6 of LH and COS 1.6a

There are two versions, one version has sovereigns with predetermined paths, they will not be able to choose a random path. The other version has the normal random choice of path.

Can now be downloaded on the nexus : HERE

Locked Post 168 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 6, 2013 7:32:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Impressive work, might I suggest that all city types build city walls that you might put in several different types of wall looks as well. Currently they have two looks for each fallen and kingdom, but it would be nice if conclaves build a more magical barrier type wall, and towns build the more standard hedgewall, while forts build a stone wall type thing. But it looks good so far.

May 6, 2013 9:25:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can certainly do that, I would just have to design new walls, haven't gotten much into graphics though so if anyone wishes to do a graphics for me, great. I have thought about that already, like maybe conclaves could use the same graphics as the firewall spell (whatever it is called) which could be a firewall, I will look into it. 

Maybe an ice wall would be cooler.

May 6, 2013 9:31:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am also considering adding some special defense units. Conclaves could get mage defense units, Fortresses get knights and towns get royal guardsmen (or perhaps some other name)

May 6, 2013 9:48:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

For the walls, you need to pop-it open in the editor to make the actual pieces, but I haven't delved into defining the wall type, which I was going to do in my tent mod, but after editing 90+ buildings I didn't feel like doing anymore.

May 6, 2013 11:03:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like the direction you are taking with this.  Pacing is the #1 issue I have with the current builds, and I like the reduction in production times, faster level gains, etc.

Looking forward to this mod, once the game is released of course!

May 7, 2013 10:52:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really like your approach of raising the number of soldiers. It makes a lot more sense, and champions will feel much more legendary.

Best wishes with your work!

May 7, 2013 2:31:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Like the sound of almost all of that, except increasing mage staff damage, which is quite strong already (to repeat it again, they totally ignore Defense.. they don't need a high damage value.)

May 7, 2013 4:38:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well I didn't raise magic damage yet, i think they doubled magic damage for staffs in the newer version. However, mages will take longer to build than regular units which may balance it.

May 7, 2013 5:46:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to see.

May 7, 2013 9:28:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
yes, i likey.
May 7, 2013 10:55:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am probably going to change tax rates to be a bit lower. I find myself staying on none or low and that seems to be giving me good money although I haven't had to buy expensive stuff yet. I will try some other values. Also forgot to mention I am thinking of allowing every city to be able to build adventurers guilds, rather than just limit it to 1. 

The population works well with having to use pop for soldiers. I am playing on epic research so with faster research game might play differently. Will have to try it out because right now cities grow slowly with epic research because can't get to higher growth buildings but they don't grow too slowly. Personally I think it is good and you need to juggle around your sovereign and possibly a commander champ to keep cities growing as well as use growth production.

May 9, 2013 6:26:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've been looking into the walls, seeing if it would be easy to create new types of walls but I haven't used the forge before to build buildings and I can't seem to figure out how walls work exactly so unless someone is willing to create some new wall graphics for me I think I will have to stick to the normal walls. It is easy enough to limit towns and conclaves to only the first level walls if that is what people want but personally I like being able to build all walls in all towns for my own game.

May 10, 2013 5:44:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There's some really Great ideas here, BlackRainZ, well done indeed. I like your approaches to larger army creation and balance. IIRC there was a way to actually increase the number of soldiers displayed in a unit to higher than what it is but that it started looking too crowded really quickly. One or two extra units displayed looked alright IMO. Sadly though once you added more than that it started looking like a cluttered mess and meant that visually at least, having epic number counts always remained out of reach. Also for those who might be running on slower machines it did increase the performance needs of the game.

I'll have to give this mod a try

May 10, 2013 6:13:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yeah I know, I made the last immersion mod for FE which added more soldiers (20 was the max that can be seen) into a unit. It actually works pretty well in that mod but I decided to go a different route this time.

May 10, 2013 6:50:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If people want to try it now, let me know I can upload what I have so far. Just made it compatible with the new .9 version too.

May 12, 2013 7:41:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated, All town types will now give some XP for heroes per week (turn)

1st and 2nd level towns will give 1 XP per week (turn)

3rd and 4th level towns will give 2 XP per week (turn)

5th level towns will give 3 XP per week (turn)

The Adventurers guild gives 3 XP a week (turn) and can be built in any town.

It takes a while to get to the higher level cities so of course it will still be in your best interest to fight monsters for XP but this way you can leave a hero at home and he will still get XP and level up while your focusing on leveling up one or two heroes elsewhere and by the time you reach a lvl 3 or 4 city you are getting new heroes who start at low levels and monsters are more sparse, you can still get them leveled up at a decent pace in a city with an adventurers guild (at lvl 3 or 4 with an adventurers guild a hero will get 5 XP per week)

I lowered the XP needed for a hero to level. Seems to be hardcoded to 9 XP points added per level. Lvl 2 is 9 xp, lvl 3 is 18 xp, lvl 4 is 27 xp and so on and so forth (wont let me go lower than this)

The idea is that heroes will level up quickly and therefore be more powerful.

May 12, 2013 10:25:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So with the XP changes, heroes and units are leveling up much faster and honestly I love it. I think it is a lot more fun this way (although not sure how others will feel about it)

It also fits into the way time is done. Since each turn is a week, after a year or two there should be no reason why an army and a hero shouldn't have become much more powerful. I am on year 3 now so that is about turn 150 and I have 2 heroes on or around lvl 10 and several army units on or around lvl 5 or 6. The AI is usually higher levels than me so their champs are like lvl 13 or 14. 

May 13, 2013 9:14:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have decided not to change magic staff damage for now so I wont up that. I have changed the tech requirements for all the towers leading to the forge of the overlord. You need 4 different techs now, the last one being ereogs journal which is almost the end to get the fourth tower. It will be much more difficult to build the towers now but the first tower you get with the book of mastery.

I am going to try editing the sovereigns so they have a predetermined path, below is the predetermined paths I have chosen for them, any feedback appreciated:

Lord Relias - Path of the Warrior

Markinn - Path of the Defender

Procipinee - Path of the Mage

Lady Irane - Path of the Assassin

General Carrodus - Path of the Commander

Magnar - Path of the Mage

Kraxis - Path of the Commander

Ceresa - Path of the Mage

Kulan - Path of the Assassin

Verga - Path of the Warrior

Yes I am aware Empires has two mages but that is what they are in my opinion. I think this will make these sovereigns much better. I will see if I can get it to work the way I want.

May 13, 2013 9:17:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome, just tested in game to see if predetermined paths will work and it does. So, now in the mod, those sovereigns will have those paths always, they wont choose different paths. I know that takes the randomness out but I think it fits the Sovereigns and will only work with their strengths as a faction. Tell me what you think.

Edit--- bah, I thought it worked, and it does work with the player but the AI still picks a second path even with a predetermined one. Hmm, if it is possible to make them start at lvl 2 then perhaps that will work.

May 14, 2013 6:13:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was able to get the predetermined paths to work!!!! Yay, now I need to test in game to see how well the AI plays with this.

May 14, 2013 7:24:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am going to upload a version of this mod soon so people can play it. Also, I will have two options, one with predetermined paths for heroes and one with the normal choice of paths. By the way custom sovereigns still work the same way with the predetermined paths option, there is no change to custom sovs.

Also, I decided not to make mages stronger for now.

May 14, 2013 10:42:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

BlackRainz, great work I like these changes.

One suggestion I have is regarding tax brackets, specifically that the lowest brakct gives say 10% tax income for 0 unrest. I find the gold generation aspect of the game massively under-utilised, particularly in the early and mid-game. It's hard to overcome the disssent penalties and I (I think most players) favour low dissent over gold production to get more production and research. It means that the benefit of towns aren't properly utilised and many of the buildings/resources (i.e. merchants and gold deposits) are essentially useless because of the 0% tax rate.

May 15, 2013 4:59:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree, I will change the tax and unrest ratios.

Maybe something like this

Low - 10% tax, no unrest

Bearable - 20%, 7% unrest

Moderate - 35% tax, 15% unrest

High - 50% tax, 30% unrest

Unbearable - 65% tax, 45% unrest

Extreme - 80% tax, 60% unrest

Oppressive - 100% tax, 80% unrest

What do you think

May 15, 2013 8:59:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I uploaded two versions of the mod, read instructions in OP.

May 21, 2013 7:30:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I made some changes, let's see if I can remember them all:

I made city defenders (the militia you automatically get to defend cities) stronger. 

They will upgrade their armor and weapons as you advance tech. I also beefed up the groups a little on higher city levels.

I changed the epic tech pacing from 3 to 1.5 (normal is 1)

I changed the experience amount given by cities and other XP giving buildings. Adventurer's guild gives 20 xp per turn (towns give 5, 7, 10, and 12, respectively per turn)

The buildings that give units other than heroes xp gives 5 per turn.

Increased growth gain on some buildings, buildings will give higher growth. Also made them have a higher priority for AI.

If anyone is interested, I will add in my difficulty settings. I changed some of them, especially hard (I don't like the AI having more HP just a better economy and smarter intelligence)

Made Arena and theatres be able to be built in as many cities as you want, rather than limited to 1 (I think they were limited to 1, I changed some buildings to be able to be built in any city)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: