Uploaded v.02 containing the Factions but not the champions
If you regularly play this mod and its new factions, please send me your unit designs so that I can include them into the mod! They can be found in Documents\My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Units\ and you can e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a changelog for those of you coming right from Stormworld for FE:
Major differences between Stormworld and Children of Storm:
- Different modules are no longer dependant on other modules. Instead, there are now two categories: Required and Optional. All actual in-game content is contained in Optional modules. Required modules contain content that is only active on demand by an Optional module. A player with only Required modules and no Optional contents would be playing the vanilla game.
- Arcane attacks are no longer reduced in strength by Spell Resist, meaning it has no counter other than Arcane resistance
- Greenskin faction removed
- All bloodlines have been significantly reduced in power and given placeholder abilities
- Minor changes to all sovereigns to balance for new game
- Angel transcendance spell no longer requires life2, now always available
- Dwarves no longer replace bows with Crossbows
- Death Legion renamed Chaos legion
- Chaos Legion unit trait Corruption: Physical Fortitude reworked, now provides physical resistance, dodge or initiative (previously different types of physical resistance)
- Elven unit design Master of Arms reworked to give bonuses to weapon abilities (previously bonus to pierce type attack only)
- Frost Giants no longer count as Immortal
- Frost Giants can now upgrade their cloaks of hierarchy
- Frost Giants can no longer utilize Wilding camps
- Frost Giants no longer have the Axe Mastery faction trait
- Golem faction no longer gains extra strong militia units
- Golems now count as Genderless (previously all Male)
- Golems now have access to faction-specific mounts; warboars and armored warboars. They can no longer use drakes.
- Living Stone unit design ability Umberdroth bond now reduces physical damage taken by 20% (previously 33% of all blunt damage)
- Lizardmen special sovereign trait Dragonkind was moved to the faction instead of the sovereign, and no longer spawns a Dragon Cave world resource. Instead, faction may build special improvement that creates dragons once the Dance with Dragons tech is researched.
- Lizardmen spell Blood Sacrifice now reduces target city growth by 50% for 50 turns (previously reduced faction prestige)
- Lizardmen sovereign profession Endless reworked. Previously it enabled the sovereign to randomly gain new lvl 1 spell traits. It now unlocks a spell, 5 strategic turn cast time, 40 mana cost, with the following description: The caster gains a random new apprentice magic school (fire/water/earth/air). If the caster already has the randomly selected magic school, there is no effect. Can be repeated until the caster has all 4 schools.
- Shadows no longer gain faction prestige from completing quests, and can no longer recruit empire champions
- Undead now count as Undead (new unit category) and Not Alive
- Undead spell Eternal Resurrection no longer causes the target champion to be unable to learn new spell traits at levelup
Faction mounts have been re-balanced to the following (all mounts provide immunity to going prone):
(Basic Horse: +2 Moves, +2 Att/Ini first turn)
(Warg: +1 Moves, +2 Ini)
Living Stone: Umberdroth: +2 Moves, +2 Ini, -5 Dodge
Golem: Warboars: +1 Moves, +1 Ini. +4 attack and +2 Moves first turn in combat
Golem: Armored Warboar: Extra cost: 2 metal. +1 Moves, +1 Ini, +3 Defense. +2 attack and +1 Moves first turn in combat.
Chaos Legion: Death Slag: +1 Moves, +10% Attack. Army has no movement penalty in Swamps.
Chaos Legion: Demon Hound: Extra cost: 1 Demon Soul. This mount is for non-champions only. +2 Move, +2 Ini, +20 Spell resist.
Elves: Deer (Black/Brown): +2 Moves, +4 CombatSpeed, -2 Hitpoints
Undead: Dark Skath: +3 Critical Hit chance, +10% to Critical Hit damage, +1 Moves
Undead: Plaguebeast: Extra cost: +2 mana. May only be ridden by Undead units and Champions. +3 Poison attack, +1 Ini, +2 Moves
Shadow: Shadow Drake: This mount is for non-champions only. +2 Moves, +15 Dodge
-- Frost Giant mounts come in two versions: one type that can be bought in stores for champions, and another for unit design that has the same stats but also make the unit count as Oversized
FrostGiant: Icebeasts: +1 Moves. 20% Chance to re-roll attack if first melee swing misses (does not work for weapons with Backswing)
FrostGiant: Dire Bear: +20 Dodge against ranged, +2 Moves.
Lizardmen: Drakes: +2 Moves. rider to ignore 25% of armor when fighting other mounted units
Lizardmen: Mire Slags: +2 Moves, +33 Poison resist, +2 Ini
Lizardmen: Stalker: +20 Accuracy when attacking any Beast unless rider counts as Beast. +1 Moves, +2 Ini
(Gnomes and Angels do not gain specific mounts due to their faction traits, and it is not relevant for centaurs or drota)