List of race-specific traits below. The - means it's first-row (requires only bloodline) and -- means it's second row and requires the one above it. First number is required level.
Angel - no mount, +1 Dodge per air shard, +1 Initiative per fire shard, +1 Spell Mastery per water shard and +1 Spell Resistance per earth shard in combat, Fly (low mana cost) - teleport unit to free square on map.
- 3 - +1 Move, +2 Initiative
-- 8 - if faction controls 3 life shards, gain +1 moves in tactical combat and +10 to cold/poison/fire resistance
- 6 - +1 Health regen strategic, +0.25 tactical health regen per level
-- 7 - +4 Divine attack (cannot be reduced)
- 6 - +0.2 fame per turn while stationed in a city. +0.5 faction prestige.
Centaur - no mount, +1 moves, Trample - normal attack with 20% extra damage against unmounted enemies. If enemy is killed, centaur unit is moved into target's square.
- 8 - +1 Move
-- 11 - Trample deals 50% extra damage instead of 20%
- 5 - +10 Dodge against any enemy with fewer Moves than this unit
- 6 - Any city this unit is stationed in produces horses and wargs 50% faster
-- 9 - +1 Air Shard power while unit is stationed in a city
Death Legion - Random Evolution buff at combat, Changing Strike - normal attack, target suffers a reduction of a stat family (either physical offense, physical defense or magical defense)
- 7 - increase power of Evolution buff by 33%
-- 11 - increase power of Evolution buff by another 33%
- 6 - Physical Evolution - gain random physical Evolution buff in combat
- 5 - Mental Evolution 1 - gain random magical Evolution buff in combat
- 11 - Mental Evolution 2 - gain another random magical Evolution buff in combat
Drota - no mount, +3 Poison attack, Poisonous Bite (attack dealing +1.5 poison attack per level)
- 3 - +1 Move, +2 Initiative
-- 7 - unlock Websling: target has (90% - target attack value) of losing next turn
- 6 - +66 poison resist
-- 11 - +34 Poison resist, +3 Poison attack
- 5 - Unlocks Webbed Walls spell - strategic spell cast on city. If city is attacked, all enemy units lose their first turn and have their moves reduced by 1 for 5 turns.
Elves - +20% of current direct magical attack. Meditate - lose turn, next turn mana cost is set to 50%
- 7 - reduce mana upkeep of any strategic spell on this unit by 50%
-- 11 - Improved meditatation: meditate reduces next turn's mana cost to 20% instead of 50%
- 7 - +5 Food per Grain in stationed city
-- 12 - +1 Material in stationed city if it has a Logging Camp (or any of its upgrades). +1 Grain in stationed city if it has a Pier (or any of its upgrades)
- 8 - Unit produces 2 mana per turn
-- 13 - Unit produces +1 Water shard power per turn (mutually exclusive)
-- 13 - Unit produces +1 Earth shard power per turn (mutually exclusive)
-- 13 - Unit produces +1 Air shard power per turn (mutually exclusive)
-- 13 - Unit produces +1 Life shard power per turn (mutually exclusive)
Frost Giant - only mounts warg/icebeast/primal bear, +50 cold resist, -33 Fire res, +15% hitpoints, Counter-attacks deal 50% less damage. Great swing - normal attack with Overpower attack
- 6 - Increases damage by Impale and Cleave with 10%
-- 11 - All attacks deal 25% AOE damage
- 4 - +50 Cold resistance, +2 Initiative
-- 12 - Can wear armor class one above their current limit (leather=>chainmail, chainmail=>plate)
- 6 - While stationed in any city, for each Water shard power produced in that city, produce +1 Grain
Gnome - Can wear armor class one above their current limit (leather=>chainmail, chainmail=>plate). Runesign - +50 Spell resist for unit for 1 turn
- 5 - +5 Defense while defending
-- 12 - reduce all physical damage taken by 10%
- 7 - While stationed in any city, city produces 10% more metal and crystal, and any gold mine produces 1 extra gildar
- 5 - Grudge against Centaur - gain 15% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Centaur
- 5 - Grudge against Death Legion - gain 15% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Death Legion
- 5 - Grudge against Drota - gain 15% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Drota
- 3 - Grudge against Elves - gain 25% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Elves
- 5 - Grudge against Fallen - gain 15% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Fallen
- 5 - Grudge against Frostgiant - gain 15% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Frostgiant
- 5 - Grudge against Golem - gain 15% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Golem
- 3 - Grudge against Greenskin - gain 25% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Greenskin
- 5 - Grudge against Living Stone - gain 15% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Living Stone
- 5 - Grudge against Lizardmen - gain 15% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Lizardmen
- 5 - Grudge against Undead - gain 15% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Undead
- 5 - Grudge against Twisted - gain 15% accuracy and spell mastery when attacking any Twisted
Golem - +10 Spell resist, +10 all resistances. Soulbreak - Strike target half damage, -10% Spell resist and current resistances (stacks).
- 5 - +2 Tactical Health regeneration, -10 Spell resist
-- 9 - Unit restored to 100% health each strategic turn
- 3 - +50% physical and magical damage against any target that is a Golem
-- 7 - +20% physical and magical damage against any Humanoid
-- 7 - +20% physical and magical damage against any Monster
- 8 - While stationed in any city, that city ignores half the effect of unrest on Gildar income
Greenskin: Goblin - -15% Hitpoints, +3 Initiative, +20% of current dodge. +5% physical attack for each unit in army above the count of 4 (army of 6 = +10%). No special ability.
Greenskin: Orc - +10% Hitpoints. +5% physical attack for each unit in army above the count of 4 (army of 6 = +10%). No special ability.
- 4 - +7 Spell Resist to army
-- 7 - Unit gains double benefit from any Swarm bonuses
- 6 - Unit has a 50% chance to avoid any critical hit, causing it to become a normal hit instead
- 11 - Slavedriver: Wages for all faction units reduced by 15%, all faction units suffer -10% to their current spell resist and another -10% if in the same army as this unit.
Living Stone - +2 Fire attack, +33 Fire resist, -33 Cold resist, -1 Initiative. Flame Tongue (attack that deals 2 + 2 per level fire attack )
- 4 - +3 Defense
-- 11 - +3 Defense
- 6 - +50 Fire resist
-- 12 - +17 Fire resist, +33 Cold resist
- 7 - If stationed in any city, city produces +25% metal
-- 12 - If Stationed in any city, city produces +25% metal
Lizardman - Cleave attacks deal 15% more damage. Revenge - strike Elemental unit for double damage.
- 6 - +3 Initiative
-- 12 - -2 Initiative, +0.5 Defense per level
- 6 - Ancient magic: While stationed in any city that city produces another +2 Mana per turn for each Death Shard power in that city
-- 12 - Blood magic: -2 Faction Prestige, +1 Death Shard power while stationed in a city, city reduces its growth by 50%. The bonus power activates the bonus from the Ancient magic trait.
Shadows - +20 dodge against ranged. Shadowbreak - target suffers -15% accuracy against any Shadow - permanent injury.
- 5 - +2 Moves first turn in combat
-- 11 - Always acts first in combat (even before anyone with similar bonus)
- 6 - +10 Dodge, +10 Dodge against ranged. -25 Fire resist
- 8 - Agent of Shadows: For every caravan that completes a journey, gain +1 Fame
-- 12 - Shadow Puppeteer: Unrest in stationed city is reduced to 0.
Undead - +50 Poison resist, -5 Fire/Cold/Lightning resistance. Immune to Fear (caused by certain high-level enemies). Dark harvest (no mana cost) - normal attack on enemy. If enemy is killed, gain mana equal to enemy's level.
- 5 - +5 health when an opponent is killed
-- 11 - +1 hitpoint for each attack dealt
- 7 - +5 fire/cold/lightning resistance, +25 poison resistance
- 6 - -15% Growth in stationed city, +10% production in stationed city
-- 9 - -10% Growth in stationed city, +1 mana per city level
---------- higher tier champs
Demonshrill* - no mount, +1 Move, +50 Fire resistance. Firedart - fire a 6+2 per level fire attack on any target
- 3 - +1 Move, +2 Initiative
-- 8 - +3 Poison attack, +2 Fire attack
- 7 - Spawn Broodling - spawns a tiny fire shrill, level == caster level.
Dragonkin* - no mounts, +1 Moves, +2 Defense, +2 attack. Doublestrike - attack twice at -30 Accuracy
- 7 - +1 Move, +2 Initiative
-- 12 - +5 Defense
- 6 - 50% chance to trigger Backswing on any missed melee hit (does not trigger if weapon provides Backswing)
-- 13 - Unit will Maul in combat. Player has no control over unit, it will not cast spells. Unit can no longer perform counterattacks.
Gorgon* - no mount, +1 moves, always goes first in tactical combat, Hypnotize (3 range) - target has 50% - 5% per target level of losing next turn
- 7 - +1 move, +2 Initiative
-- 11 - +1 move, +2 Initiative
- 5 - +50 poison resist
-- 8 - Uncharmable
- 5 - +1 Research, +1 Research to city if stationed in it
-- 9 - +1 Research to city if stationed in it, for each turn this unit is stationed in city, city permanently gains +0.01 research
Starfarer* - +10 Spell Mastery, -10% mana cost for tactical spells, half upkeep for any strategic buff spell. -20% Spell Resist for own army, including self. Nightmare Void - all enemy units suffer -20% Spell resist
- 5 - +7 Spell Mastery, +6 Spell Resist
-- 11 - unit no longer causes -20% spell resist for own army - but still suffers from it itself.
- 10 - +1 levels for summons (faction-wide)
Wolfman* - +5 Initiative, +1 Tactical health regeneration. Assassination - perform a guaranteed critical attack
- 2 - +1 Move, +1 Initiative
-- 9 - +1 Move, +1 Initiative
- 5 - +1 Tactical health regeneration, +1 Health regen each strategic turn
-- 12 - Unit fully healed each strategic turn, +1 Tactical health regeneration
Edit: I explained it in an earlier thread, the goal here is to make each race more unique. Right now, an altar Path of the Warrior can be developed exactly like a tarth Path of the Warrior. There's nothing really separating them beyond the skill and the bloodline bonus - they have access to the exact same traits. So, the goal with these traits is to give the player an opportunity to develop a Centaur path of the warrior differently from a Shadow path of the warrior and so on. They CAN end up the same anyway, but they don't have to.