[.87 BUG] Not all Summoning modifiers are being added

By on May 3, 2013 2:38:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Trojasmic

Join Date 04/2006
+40

A Wisp is Level 2 + 1/Level per Life Shard (I have two).  My Procipinee is a Summoner (+2 levels) and has Summons I (+1 level) and Summons II (+2 levels).  4+5=9, but the Wisp is summoned as Level 7.  One of the bonuses is not being applied properly.  FIX IT!

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 3, 2013 7:40:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I summoned a Lightbringer that was 2 levels too low also.  However, the Summon Ignys was the correct level so maybe that's a clue.  Are the Life Shard level-ups not being applied (or maybe they're not supposed to be applied in which case you need to update the text).

May 3, 2013 8:00:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i think the shard bonus doesn't apply. i just tested this with a fresh start, created a summoner champ and quickly got her a few levels to unlock the wisp. without life shards, the wisp is level 5 (2 base level +2 summoner trait + 1 summoning 1)

May 5, 2013 9:13:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I saw this, it seemed to me that the life shard bonuses were not applying - my summons were too low by exactly my life shard count.

May 5, 2013 11:42:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The wisp also doesn't scale in healing power despite it's increasing levels when summoned. Which makes him completely useless mid-late game compared to Ceresa's personal pet which only gets better with more levels as it has access to all spells as sovereign and can cast more powerful versions of those.

May 5, 2013 12:53:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Simply put the code isn't add the lifeshard in it

<GameModifier>
            <ModType>Unit</ModType>
            <Attribute>SummonUnit</Attribute>
            <UnitClass>Wisp</UnitClass>
            <ApplyToSpellRadiusCenterOnly>1</ApplyToSpellRadiusCenterOnly>
            <Duration>-1</Duration>
            <Calculate InternalName="Calc" ValueOwner="CastingUnit">
                <Expression><![CDATA[[UnitStat_BonusSummonLevel] + 2]]></Expression>
            </Calculate>
            <Calculate InternalName="Value">
                <Expression><![CDATA[[Calc]]]></Expression>
            </Calculate>
        </GameModifier>

It really should read.

<GameModifier>
            <ModType>Unit</ModType>
            <Attribute>SummonUnit</Attribute>
            <UnitClass>Wisp</UnitClass>
            <ApplyToSpellRadiusCenterOnly>1</ApplyToSpellRadiusCenterOnly>
            <Duration>-1</Duration>
            <Calculate InternalName="Calc" ValueOwner="CastingUnit">
                <Expression><![CDATA[[UnitStat_BonusSummonLevel] + [UnitOwner_GetNumLifeShards]]]></Expression>
            </Calculate>
            <Calculate InternalName="Value">
                <Expression><![CDATA[[Calc] + 2]]></Expression>
            </Calculate>
     </GameModifier>

A similar fix for the tactical version of the spell.

Here is a fix for the problem, just drop this spell into your mods folder (or items folder so you don't need to run mods) and poof it will work as the description says it should. The fix includes lightbringer as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/Abilities/SummonWispSummonLightBringerFix.zip

May 5, 2013 1:16:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Parrothmath thanks for the fix, but as it is, is still a bugged spell(s) and it needs fixing by the devs team before release

We are here to provide feedback and report bugs (and I believe this is a bug since is not working as intended).

Mods shouldn't fix problems in the game, but rather create different play experiences by improving / modifying existing parameters

May 5, 2013 1:34:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Anelyn,
Parrothmath thanks for the fix, but as it is, is still a bugged spell(s) and it needs fixing by the devs team before release
We are here to provide feedback and report bugs (and I believe this is a bug since is not working as intended).
Mods shouldn't fix problems in the game, but rather create different play experiences by improving / modifying existing parameters

I agree, that is why I provided the feedback to find exactly the bug to the spell, I showed exactly what is needed to be fixed for the spell, and I provided them with a template that they can use to update the spell if they choose to use it. I'm just providing the feedback that I would expect when someone asks me a question.

May 5, 2013 1:37:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks parrotmath for all your hard work in providing all the fixes you have done!  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: