Europa Universalis IV Beta Signup

By on April 26, 2013 1:38:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

jecjackal

Join Date 04/2009
+3

If you're not familiar with the game, Europa Universalis IV (Europa IV) is a grand strategy game (a real time 4x but its pause-able) set in the 15th-18th centuries. You pick a country and led them through the eras changing history to your likeness. Its essentially a really complex but rewarding form of Risk. Anyways if you're into history, its a good time.

Official Site: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/europa-universalis-iv

[referral removed]

Its due to come out Q3.

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 26, 2013 1:39:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ooooh! Thanks.

April 26, 2013 2:20:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You know i've tried that game and so wanted to love it... but was never able to have any success at it, i apparently suck because i could never win a battle no matter how hard i tried. I'd take like three times more guy into a battle then my opponent would and i'd still lose. So after a while i just gave up trying and my interest in it just completely died after the seventh or eighth game.

But i'll probably end up getting this one and trying again... But it'll probably end up in a crash and burn like the last one lol

April 26, 2013 2:45:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It is a very hard game to master. As for combat there is a fair amount of luck involved. A D10 is rolled which multiplies the effects of your troops (I think something like 0.1 * attack of your troops). Also only so many troops can fight at one time. Infantry for example can only fight directly in front of them on the little battle map. So even if you out number me 3-1, if I have good rolls, a better general (which adds to the rolls) and better troops, I win through attrition.

But yes it is hard to get into. Luckily the forums at paradox (when their not down lol) are very friendly like these forums. The game is not as open ended as Fallen Enchantress (since its not a random map) but it still is a good time.

April 27, 2013 12:13:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This isn't a signup for beta. And it's shameful to mislead people into believing it is.

The link provided is to your run of the mill viral marketing referral scheme. The more people who click his personalized link and subsequently sign up, the more bonuses and rewards the OP gets. The only link this program has to the beta is that the first 10 people to get 100 people to sign up in their name will get beta access.

Truly, shame on you.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time: