[.87 CRASH] when choosing "Daxis, kill your previous employers" in Slavers Quest

By on April 25, 2013 11:25:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Trojasmic

Join Date 04/2006
+40

Saved game:

http://www.mediafire.com/?foh1mkw9ck7i1d6

Locked Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 6, 2013 1:25:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This quest is still causing crashes in .87.  FIX IT!

May 6, 2013 1:58:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I do not crash on this quest and looking at the quest file I don't see any mistakes with it.

May 6, 2013 3:09:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As of .85, there was a loop when you tried to recruit Daxis but lacked the funds.  There's a dialogue option to come back later, but it simply loops back to either recruiting or fighting the slavers.  Choosing not to fight (trying to recruit without leaving the dialogue box) results in an infinite loop.  Haven't seen this quest in .87, so I'm not sure if that issue still exists.

May 6, 2013 11:27:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

I do not crash on this quest and looking at the quest file I don't see any mistakes with it.

That's odd!  I've now crashed on it in two totally different games, on two totally different versions (.80 and .87) with two totally different factions (custom faction and Kraxis) and it was repeatable even if I went back and loaded from a saved game.  Did you follow the exact same choices I took?

I'll tell you another strange thing that happened with this quest.  So yesterday, I was tired of the crashing so I selected a different choice in the first list... I chose "I'll return later" and you know what it did?  It still went to the second list of choices!  So I chose "pay him" and then I chose "let them play with his gildar" and it didn't crash.

May 6, 2013 11:42:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The game now runs slower on startups and crashes repeatedly for me.

May 6, 2013 11:45:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have done this quest several times, sometimes hiring the brute, sometimes attacking him.  Quest has not crashed on my PC.  (so far...)

May 6, 2013 12:27:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I never have crash with this quest as well. It is going to be hard to pin down what cause the issue. You probably want to send dev your save file since some ppl don't have the issue and Dev may not able to recreate the issue.

May 9, 2013 10:52:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Im unable to repro any crashes with this quest on 0.90.  If anyone has a save that consistently crashes for them then I would be happy to check it out.

May 9, 2013 11:47:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

For a while there I know was using an old save (.80 or .85) with .87. Maybe that's the cause of the crash?

May 16, 2013 12:37:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

Im unable to repro any crashes with this quest on 0.90.  If anyone has a save that consistently crashes for them then I would be happy to check it out.

Hi Derek, it was reproducible in the saved game I posted in the OP.  Did you check it out?

May 16, 2013 11:31:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had the same repeatable problem in 0.91, using the same sequence of quest choices.  Varying the sequence of the choices in any way does not trigger the game crash.  I was using only current (0.91) save games.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time: