Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 0.85 changelog

By on April 20, 2013 4:31:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+173

*** Released 04/26/2013 ***

Features

Added the Cautious Sovereign ability (allows the sovereign to escape from battle)

Added Sovereign Bond as a sovereign talent (allows the sovereign to summon familiars)

Added the Soldier’s Boots (available for unit design, +1 init)

Added the Soldier’s Gloves (available for unit design, +5 accuracy)

Added the Soldier's Cloak (available for unit design, +10 magic resist)

Added the Scaled Cloak (available for unit design, +25% fire resistance)

Added the Warboar monster

Added the First Aid Kit (available for unit design, +2 hit points and +1 healing rate)

Added Rations (available for unit design, +3 hit points)

Added achievements for winning as Capitar and Umber

New tactical maps added

Fixes

Fixed an issue keeping the Life V icon from showing up

Fixed an issue keeping pikes from upgraded to lightning pikes

Fixed an issue keeping longswords from upgrading to boreal blades

Fixed bow upgrades

Fixed an issue with chainmail gloves issue that was cuasing them to recolor with cloth color 2 instead of metal color

Fixed an issue with the chainmail hood that was keeping it from being recolorable

Lots of fixed stamps from Parrottmath

Lots of updated tactical battles (blocked tiles set)

Fixed bug where part of the improvement loading process didn't get told it was loading a game, which could cause modifiers to get reapplied when they shouldn't be

Fixed bug where you could get repeat recruited champions after loading a game

Fixed an issue where if you had an army led by a champ that was not the sov, and he died in battle, but the rest of your army won the battle.  When this happened the entire army would be transported back to a city and immobilized rather than just have the champ that fell in battle be injured and stay with the army on the map

If a unit is standing on a city at the end of its turn, and it doesn't have a destination set to leave at the start of the next turn, it will auto station that unit in the city

Roads will now not pass through wildlands.  When a wildland is cleared, each city reevaluates its connections with other cities and has another chance to build a road if applicable

Fixed yields on captured Deorcnysse

Fixed a clipping issue on cliff corners

Fixed an issue allowing caravans to be killed even if you have the legacy of serrane

Fixed an issue with the Produce Mana project

Lots of fixed tactical maps

Fixed an issue keeping some traits form being applied after a game was reloaded (most notable with the Veteran and Experienced traits)

Fixed an issue keeping Shield Bash from showing the damage

Fixed an issue with guarded strike not proving its defense bonus

Fixed crashes

Balance

Reduced Charge from +3 to +2 and instead the training cost

Scholar moved from a talent to a profession

Padded Breastpiece added as a designable equipment

Reduced Stables from from 1 horse per season to 0.5

Reduced Kennels from from 1 warg per season to 0.5

Moved the Adventurer’s Guild from Heroes to Breon’s Letters

Arctic Wolf Cloaks no longer require a tech

Removed the Resistance bonus form the ring of embers, of the glacier and storms

Increased the training cost of mounts

Removed the init bonus form the Athican longsword

Decreased the amount that increased production pace increases production

Increased the strength of the bandits from the Bandit Lord ability

Increased the Noble profession from -5 Unrest to -10

Increased the Scholar research bonus from +10% to +20%

Reduced Warlock from +50% spell damage to +25%

Reduced the Fame from quests from 20 to 15

Balance gives +10 to dodge and -1 to init instead of +5 to dodge and -1 to hit points

Charge gives +1 moves and +2 attack instead of +3 moves and +3 attack

Defender gives +10 defense when defending instead of +5

Impulsive gives +2 init instead of going first in battle

Muscle gives +1 to attack and -1 to init instead of just +1 to attack

Strength is no longer a unit design trait

Reduced base trained unit accuracy from 70 to 60

Reduced maces init from -3 to -4

Reduced Battle Axe attack from 15 to 12

Reduced Boar Spear attack from 11 to 10

Reduced Short Sword attack from 10 to 9

Reduced Pike attack from 16 to 15

Reduced Longsword attack from 18 to 14 and +2 init

Reduced Great Axe attack from 21 to 17

Reduced Maul attack from 25 to 22

Removed the Heroes tech

The amount of Fame quests grant has been changed to be per quest instead of a global value (so more difficult quests grant more fame)

The army that didn't attack starts in defensive stance in tactical combat

Kasst increased from 1 move to 3

Increased the xp given from combat slightly

Reduced the level and hit points on Hergon Sows

Increased the dragon level int he Ghost Helm quest from 7 to 12

Razing cities does slightly more damage to surrounding terrain

Increased Ascian to 4 moves

Reduced the training cost of the Fast trait form 20 to 15

Horses give +2 attack and Init for their first action in combat (warhorses gives +3 to both instead)

Increased all Sharp weapons form +1 crit chance to +5

Increased all Razor weapons from +2 crit chance to +10 crit chance

AI

Monster behavior improvements

Fixed AI bug that kept it from "seeing" enemy armies approaching its cities in certain cases

Fixed AI bug where AI would declare war soon after having made peace

Fixed AI bug in tactical where it would cast tangled web on a ranged unit (edge case)

Razing cities does slightly more damage to surrounding terrain

Fixed diplomacy bug where the AI would seemingly declare war on you for no reason (there was a reason but not the one given)

UI

Better looking river banks from Kay

Pedestrians are no loner displayed in tactical battles

Added Mountains back to minimaps

Steam notifications now popup in the upper left corner instead of over the turn button

Added a new quest completion window

Consolidated all the upgrade actions into a single upgrade button

Added a new unit upgrade screen

Added icon category icons to the train screen (so you can see what type of unit they are)

Double-clicking on perk or path entries in the two unit level up screen will select the perk and close the screen

New texture for Ongr the Unbound

The spellbook remembers the last strategic spell you cast and starts there when you reopen it

Battle window now states what city is being attacked, if a city is being attacked

The camera will no longer recenter on your unit at the beginning of each turn if that unit was already selected

Previously we hid units in the train window if you didnt have any of the materials needed to train them (but they were greyed out if oyu had at least 1).  Now we display them greyed out all the time.  This caused issues where oyu would unlock mages or juggernauts but not see them because you didnt have any crystal or metal.

Now all the goodie huts you get tresure form have treasure chests in them (color based on how valuable they are)

Locked Post 212 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 21, 2013 9:53:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wizard1200,

Quoting salikgyula, reply 35I am worried because the main problems are not adressed. 

1. the heroes are useless

2. heores traits tree is too wide, cant reach the fancy traits

3. high init pike units ar OP

4. armor is useless

1. Heroes are stronger, because impulsive is less powerful, charge is less powerful and the accuracy of units is reduced

2. Yep, that is a problem

3. I am not sure, because charge is less powerful

4. Armors are stronger, because the weapon damage has been reduced

The reduced accuracy of units is a good move, but I don't think that makes Heroes stronger. Despite the slight reduction to weapon damage (and I presume Hero access to the First Aid Kit and Ration, which I also assume stack) Heroes are still going down easy in combat.

April 21, 2013 9:58:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wizard1200,
Hmmm, perhaps focus should be a staff ability and not a spell to make staves for mages more useful.

I like this a lot. Focus at least should be moved to a trait so that non fire mages can get it. Fire magic is supposed to be damage heavy, not all around better at damage spells. Things like fire magic exclusive focus and volcanic rites should not exist.

The reduced accuracy of units is a good move, but I don't think that makes Heroes stronger.

Its a step in the right direction but it doesn't seem like quite enough.

April 21, 2013 10:29:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think the accuracy reduction and the damage reduction are brilliant ways to reduce the scaling of units, because groups will less likely hit the target with every member and even if every member hits the target the damage will be lower.

April 21, 2013 10:51:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

Any chance the bandits can inherit your faction's racial traits? Would be pretty helpful on Mancer sovereigns in particular, as I don't love losing movement in the stack. Some sort of bonus gold per stacks destroyed would be welcome, too; this will still be a pretty weak trait unless the Bandits become full-on upgradeable.

April 21, 2013 11:00:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

And it adds some lucky twist wich is nice in small quantities

April 21, 2013 12:24:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wizard1200,
You are right, that the summoner trait is very weak, because it increases the level only by 2 and summons get only 2 hp, 1 point of accuracy, 1 point of spell mastery and 1 point of spell resistance per level.

The summoning level also determines attack and, depending on the type of creature, defense, initiative and dodge. At least that is how it works in FE. It should be easy to verify if it is the same in LH: just take a summoner, summon the Shadow Warg, note how high the attack is, take a +1 summoning level trait on level-up, summon the Shadow Warg again, and see if the value for attack has changed. 

April 21, 2013 1:52:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

After thinking about it some more, I wonder if the reduction in accuracy won't adversely affect the AI more than it does the player. I think players tend to train units using fortresses, but the AI does not necessarily do that, therefore it won't receive bonuses to accuracy as often.

April 21, 2013 1:53:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just loging in to brag about the developer team, after reading all the changes in the log. Good job, I love all the changes so far in 0.85 and am sure they will all improve the game.

April 21, 2013 1:57:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Gaunathor,
The summoning level also determines attack and, depending on the type of creature, defense, initiative and dodge. At least that is how it works in FE. It should be easy to verify if it is the same in LH: just take a summoner, summon the Shadow Warg, note how high the attack is, take a +1 summoning level trait on level-up, summon the Shadow Warg again, and see if the value for attack has changed. 

Yep, you are right i forgot the other stats, but the bonus is very low.

Quoting bigduncm24,
After thinking about it some more, I wonder if the reduction in accuracy won't adversely affect the AI more than it does the player. I think players tend to train units using fortresses, but the AI does not necessarily do that, therefore it won't receive bonuses to accuracy as often.

Yeah, training units in a fortress will be REQUIRED in the mid game and the late game to get powerful units and i hope that the AI will do that.

April 21, 2013 3:06:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting petrasvu,

Quoting Borg999, reply 42Thanks for all these updates!

However I disagree with the warlock nerf (from +50 down to +25). Will there be another "ability" available to bump spell damage up another 25%?

This made me laught: you already have 4 traits with 20 perc. damage boost and then some staves. When it will be enough for you mh ? >

You know you can use "focus" on top of it, if so desparate

SD has been nerfing spells left and right since the early beta. Seems odd to weaken magic in a game about magic. There are quite a few spells that don't scale very well and become useless after the early game. Nerfing warlock contributes to that issue.

April 21, 2013 3:17:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Auralynx,

quoting post

Any chance the bandits can inherit your faction's racial traits? Would be pretty helpful on Mancer sovereigns in particular, as I don't love losing movement in the stack. Some sort of bonus gold per stacks destroyed would be welcome, too; this will still be a pretty weak trait unless the Bandits become full-on upgradeable.

good ideas!  I end up stacking my Panca Archers and Sparus brothers ( I should get a population bonus for that, right?  ) as they have 2 moves with non-Amarian heroes for that reason...

April 21, 2013 5:23:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Borg999,

SD has been nerfing spells left and right since the early beta. Seems odd to weaken magic in a game about magic. There are quite a few spells that don't scale very well and become useless after the early game. Nerfing warlock contributes to that issue.

Which spells?

April 21, 2013 6:40:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Way to go, Stardock!  If I didn't know any better, I'd think they were reading the forums and listening to our ideas.

April 21, 2013 7:52:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sweatyboatman,

Way to go, Stardock!  If I didn't know any better, I'd think they were reading the forums and listening to our ideas.

I like to think that everybody at stardock are in an intellectual void of great decisions and they have decided to implement the game in the best way possible, if that just so happens to coincide with the forum ideas, well then that's just a great coincidence.

April 21, 2013 8:33:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NaytchSG,

Quoting Auralynx, reply 54

quoting post

good ideas!  I end up stacking my Panca Archers and Sparus brothers ( I should get a population bonus for that, right?  ) as they have 2 moves with non-Amarian heroes for that reason...

Same. I love the flavor of Bandit Lord but right now it's hard to use it for much without taking Wealthy, using it to get a second stack online for hero #2 quickly, and then pretending it doesn't exist after the early game.

April 21, 2013 9:52:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Borg999,

And there are spells which are immediately and perpetually OP because of Warlock and Evoker.  Fireball with Warlock + Evoker is OP without any shards.  Gain some Fire Mana along the way and the game essentially becomes a joke.

April 21, 2013 11:03:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is that texture bound to him?

April 22, 2013 3:35:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Druid Hero? 

April 22, 2013 5:08:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

what about camera controls and permanent buffs (every instance of blood rage stay inside buff screen and can be individually dispelled, but this makes no sense)?

and i cant see mount\additional items inside upgrade screen, still game wont allow to mount units? 

April 22, 2013 8:21:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ongr doesn't have a new texture. Ongr simply made all the other textures old.

April 22, 2013 9:32:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

Quoting sweatyboatman, reply 63

I like to think that everybody at stardock are in an intellectual void of great decisions and they have decided to implement the game in the best way possible, if that just so happens to coincide with the forum ideas, well then that's just a great coincidence.

Yeah. Listening blindly to the fans is seldom a good idea, but I'm glad they listen to the best input. That said, God damn there are alot of little thought through suggestions too in such fora like this one, allthough I'd say the common FE fan is often older and more mature then the average fan of many other games.

April 22, 2013 10:18:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Reliant,

hahahahahahaha

The truth is that lots of our ideas come from the forum.  We spend a lot of time reading and thinking about your suggestions.  That's why we have betas.

The only time it becomes dangerous is that folks on the forums are often the die hard fans and often prefer more features, more scope and more mechanics, which causes the game to be confusing for new players (and though we know we aren't an ios game that anyone can understand in a few minutes, we dont want to be too overwhelming).  So we try to find a balance that allows us to address the issues that players are finding without adding another mechanic to and already complex system.

April 22, 2013 10:29:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,
and though we know we aren't an ios game that anyone can understand in a few minutes, we dont want to be too overwhelming

I would take a look at the following ios games:

- Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion

- Neuroshima Hex

- Hunters 2 (hard difficulty)

April 22, 2013 10:48:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

On the new upgrade screen: question: does this mean you can select what your unit upgrades to?

April 22, 2013 12:06:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

Quoting Lord Reliant,
reply 70

hahahahahahaha

The truth is that lots of our ideas come from the forum.  We spend a lot of time reading and thinking about your suggestions.  That's why we have betas.

The only time it becomes dangerous is that folks on the forums are often the die hard fans and often prefer more features, more scope and more mechanics, which causes the game to be confusing for new players (and though we know we aren't an ios game that anyone can understand in a few minutes, we dont want to be too overwhelming).  So we try to find a balance that allows us to address the issues that players are finding without adding another mechanic to and already complex system.

What's wrong with more mechanics?

Understandably, new mechanics should not make the game more confusing. New mechanics should be stream-lined, natural progressions of aspects of the game that already exist. Adding them should make sense such that players don't even notice them being added.

An example of this: Upgradable Roads. I saw the file RoadLeveldefs.xml in the data\english directory, so I am assuming that this upgrade was considered in the past already. But what a fantastic idea! A natural mechanic that increases movement as the game develops, thus increasing your influence, logistics, and economy in mid and late game. Any new player would take this mechanic in stride since everything else in the game upgrades....why not roads?

The encumbrance system could have been viewed in a similar manner. Granted, it seemed like the original system was too complicated, but I understood it....fill the champ up till the bar at the bottom was full....you may get some init penaltys along the way. Nice and easy. Forced the player to make decisions in how to equip champs. But. I'll agree that there was some confusion as to how the weight allotments were divied up and some balancing issues and how the AI was trying to equip. I would have figured that the encumbrance system would have simply been stream-lined....not removed altogether. However, I do see a progression happening with Proficiency abilities. If properly tied into the game, these could easily replace encumbrance.....but alot of work has to be done yet....

Anyways, I suppose the point I am trying to get accross with all this babble is that the more 'real' you make this game, the better all players (new, old, and die hards) will understand the game because it's what they'll 'expect' to see out of the game.

edit: ps. Love the new upgrade UI screen you've posted. A PERFECT example of updating a mechanic and making it more stream-lined and easy to follow and understand.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time: