[eMOD][version 0.5]Wonder Bases

By on April 17, 2013 3:18:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

parrottmath

Join Date 03/2008
+206

This mod allows everyone to build a minor faction wonder and can upgrade to the real wonder. The minor faction wonder doesn't provide the same great effect of the actual wonder, but this allows those who want to win the I can build it faster than you achievement in wonder building.

The minor faction wonder costs 90% of the old wonder and the upgrade is the rest of the 10% value. So, in essence you can still build the wonder in the same amount of time as you could before.

Note: There will be no notification that you finished your wonder base, and there is a little micromanagement involved here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/WondersBase/WonderBaseFEv0_5.zip

Left to do: Redesign buildings and icons.

(The LH Version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/WondersBase/WondersBaseLHv0_5.zip)

Locked Post 7 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 17, 2013 5:32:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Forgive my ignorance, but what does it mean winning the "I can build it faster than you achievement"?

April 17, 2013 9:17:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting OliverFA_306,

Forgive my ignorance, but what does it mean winning the "I can build it faster than you achievement"?

People wanted to race to build a wonder and didn't like the fact that when I build a wonder it is removed from everyone's que. I may be slow to research it, but I will out build it when I finally do research it. Sooo I can build the wonder faster than you is possible in with this mod.

April 17, 2013 9:26:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh! I have to recognise that I did not know that fact. I am a bit embarrassed [e digicons]'[/e]

Good work Parrottmath!

April 17, 2013 10:39:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Will the AI understand how to do this?

Very good idea!     I don't suppose there's any way to mod in a global notification when a faction starts building the precursor?

April 17, 2013 10:53:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Another win for Parrotmath!

Out of curiosity, what would happen if you were to conquer another faction's city that currently housed one of these wonder bases? Is there a possible exploit here in being able to build a duplicate copy of the wonder?

What happens to the wonder base if someone else completes the wonder? Does it just sit there taking up space?

Thanks

April 17, 2013 1:15:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sweatyboatman,
Will the AI understand how to do this?

I keep the same rating and doubled the AI rating for the upgrade.

April 17, 2013 1:17:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Another win for Parrotmath!

Out of curiosity, what would happen if you were to conquer another faction's city that currently housed one of these wonder bases? Is there a possible exploit here in being able to build a duplicate copy of the wonder?

What happens to the wonder base if someone else completes the wonder? Does it just sit there taking up space?

Thanks

No, look at the tower of dominion, otherwise it is a dev bug I can't fix. There can only be 1 wonder ever .

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: