Adventurers Guild

By on April 16, 2013 3:48:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

iamaddj

Join Date 10/2012
+2

So does anyone else think that the Adventurers Guild is pretty useless? I mean a 25% chance to get 1 xp a season... really? Whats the point? I mean I often put heroes in the same city as it just because I have nothing else to do with them, but its not like the guild really does anything for them.

I would really like to see this building get a bit of a buff to make it worthwhile and cool.

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 16, 2013 4:04:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Unless they fixed it in LH, the 25% chance doesn't work. The AG always gives you 1 xp per season. It could still use a buff though. For low level heroes, it is kinda nice. After a certain level, however, the xp bonus is far too low to be beneficial.

April 16, 2013 4:09:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have no idea if its still random, though the description says it is. Either way I agree with you, 1 xp per season is still pretty meaningless for most heroes.

April 16, 2013 4:10:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There's only a 25% chance they will fix this since we've been asking for it to be fixed a long time...

April 16, 2013 4:47:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,

There's only a 25% chance they will fix this since we've been asking for it to be fixed a long time...

lolz.

ftw

April 17, 2013 4:14:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

don't forget that you also get +1 Fame per turn for an Adventurers Guild since LH. I agree that the xp bonus for stationed champions is still pretty underwhelming and needs some love (I think the best solution for this problem that has been argued for a long time now is xp reward for each constructed building in the city), in the meantime the fame bonus alone is enough to warrant an Adventurers Guild.

April 17, 2013 5:28:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,

LOL!

April 17, 2013 6:56:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't know how many times I've suggested this, but I personally use THIS adventurer's guild:

<ImprovementType InternalName="AdventurersGuild">
   <DisplayName>Adventurer's Guild</DisplayName>
   <Description>Champions gain 2% of a level per season when stationed in a city with an adventurer's guild.</Description>
   <RequiresCity>1</RequiresCity>
   <BarredTerrain>River</BarredTerrain>
   <BarredTerrain>SwampTerrain</BarredTerrain>
   <PreferredTerrain>City</PreferredTerrain>
   <PreferredTerrain>Category:Land</PreferredTerrain>
   <PreferredTerrain>Forest</PreferredTerrain>
   <Prereq>
      <Type>Tech</Type>
      <Attribute>Heroes</Attribute>
   </Prereq>
   <LaborToBuild>840</LaborToBuild>
   <GameModifier>
      <ModType>StationedUnitStatBonus</ModType>
      <StrVal>UnitStat_Experience</StrVal>
      <StrVal2>OnlyChampions</StrVal2>
      <Value>2</Value>
      <Operator>%</Operator>
      <Provides>Champions gain 2% of a level per season when stationed in a city with an adventurer's guild.</Provides>
   </GameModifier>
   <GameModifier>
      <ModType>Resource</ModType>
      <Attribute>Fame</Attribute>
      <Value>40</Value>
      <Provides>+40 Fame</Provides>
   </GameModifier>
   <AIData AIPersonality="AI_General">
   <AIPriority>5</AIPriority>
   <AITag>CommandPost</AITag>
   </AIData>
   <ArtDef>Art_AdventurersGuild</ArtDef>
</ImprovementType>

Changes from the .80 version LH Adventurer's Guild are:

1) Cost increased from 540 to 840.

2) 1 per faction REMOVED, can be built in every city. Due to the cost, you would generally only do this in important cities worth governing, beyond the first one built.

3) Gives a flat one time +40 Fame instead of +1 fame per season (to avoid stacking +1 fame from repeated buildings).

4) Gives 2% of a level per season instead of the useless 1 xp. Every 50 seasons a governor (or any stationed champion) in a city which has built this building will level. This can be easily balanced by adjusting the % bonus.

In a 700 turn game, if you miraculously built it on turn 1, despite not having the tech, and production... that'd be 14 levels. However, in the REAL game, if we assume you beeline the research for this building (Heroes tech), and then build the building as a first priority... I still think you'd be in the 100+ turn region, likely later, and you would have handicapped yourself severely by doing so. The numbers might be up for debate, but I am certain that this building is the solution that commander (governor) heroes need to do their job.

In my personal play experience, this building encourages me to level my low level heroes in the field, where they will gain much more than 2-3 xp per turn, and then retire them to important cities as managers / roaming patrol defense around the level 10 point where the percentage gain is advantageous compared to campaigning the field trying to pick up stray monsters. They still weren't better than a company of  plate mail armored lancers built in my main essence fortress, but at least they weren't utterly useless.

April 18, 2013 11:02:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting phazonfreak,

don't forget that you also get +1 Fame per turn for an Adventurers Guild since LH. I agree that the xp bonus for stationed champions is still pretty underwhelming and needs some love (I think the best solution for this problem that has been argued for a long time now is xp reward for each constructed building in the city), in the meantime the fame bonus alone is enough to warrant an Adventurers Guild.

Exactly this. Heroes should take xp for every building built, endless space style.. That of course would have to mean a much better administration tree cause i think now there are like 7 pure administration traits that are kinda underwhelming. 

On the other hand heroes here are much more powerful in FH than in endless space so maybe its not implemented because it would result in 1 exploring and killing hero and the rest leveling their combat skills through administration.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: