[.75 QUEST] Xia got a pony... I would like to get my quest [Sleeping with Seeds] in the game

By on April 11, 2013 12:25:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Trojasmic

Join Date 04/2006
+40

Here's a reminder:

Title:  Sleeping with Seeds

You come upon a man sleeping under a tree.  You wake the man which startles him.  He immediately grasps his pocket as if to verify its contents are still safe and secure. 

"What's that in your pocket?"

"Nothing... er just some old seeds I found."

"You seem pretty anxious about them for just being some old seeds."

The man thinks for a minute and then divulges that they are magic seeds capable of growing into a gildar tree.  Hoping to make a buck, he says "I'll sell them to you for 40 gildar."

Choices:

A.  Pay the man 40 gildar.

B.  Attack the man for his seeds.

C.  Send the man on his way.

If you pay, you get the seeds which gives one of your cities the ability to create a gildar tree.  A gildar tree provides 1 gildar per turn per level of the city.

If you attack, the seeds are destroyed in battle but you gain the exp from fighting the man.

If you send the man on this way, nothing happens.

Locked Post 17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 11, 2013 12:31:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You do know you can actually create this now, without any special help from the devs?

April 11, 2013 12:57:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

You do know you can actually create this now, without any special help from the devs?

1.  I tried using Murteus (sp?) quest editor once, but it didn't work.  Besides, I don't have the graphic skills to make a gildar tree.

2.  I was hoping to get a little piece of me in this game.

3.  I'm jealous.  How do you have so much time to respond to all these forum topics not to mention write bug fixes for the devs?  What's your story?  Are you financially independent?  Are you one of those guys that write programs to do your work for you?  Are you really Brad, Derek, Jon, or Soren posing as parrotmath?  Do tell!

April 11, 2013 1:25:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

... just do the math...

April 11, 2013 2:44:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I work part time at a university as a mathematics lecturer. I'm highly efficient when it comes to getting projects done (especially ones that I like), and like Brad, I just do not sleep very much, maybe about 4 hours a night. I wish I was financially independent and had just a bit more time to program and develop games. One thing I really enjoy doing is progamming mind numbing stuff. The rest of my time is spent spending time with my kids. Wouldn't mind sitting down and devoting a lot of time learning how to program, just don't have the time to do that, so I just dabble.

A lot of the credit of being able to fix and debug stuff has a lot to do with the devs. They did a good job in organizing the data and preparing the stuff for modders so most of my projects I do take roughly 2 hours to do. If seanw3 didn't disappear I was going to merge stormworld and his mod together. 

Your quest is not complicated and I did have difficulty using the quest maker program. I can put it together in about 2 hours. (Without the graphics just the base, go to quest spot, grab seeds, and bam), the building you want is easy to implement.

April 11, 2013 3:43:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So I've got the base of your quest done. All that is left to do is to

-design the man to fight (currently using Bacco).

-design the quest location tree.

-design the Gildar Tree.

-make some icons.

But that will have to wait till tomorrow. Got some other work to do.

April 11, 2013 4:12:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cool.  Thx parrotmath!

April 12, 2013 11:27:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,
So I've got the base of your quest done. All that is left to do is to

-design the Gildar Tree.

-make some icons.

Please make this quest compatable with FE

It'll be a downloader for sure.

April 12, 2013 4:25:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting parrottmath, reply 5So I've got the base of your quest done. All that is left to do is to

-design the Gildar Tree.

-make some icons.

Please make this quest compatable with FE

It'll be a downloader for sure.

Thats what where I'm making it

April 13, 2013 10:08:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

All that is left is the difficult part...making the icons and the pictures. Oh yeah and designing the champion to fight so it's not bacco the beggar anymore.

April 13, 2013 10:56:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,
All that is left is the difficult part...making the icons and the pictures. Oh yeah and designing the champion to fight so it's not bacco the beggar anymore.

I would be glad to help if you want it. I like the idea behind this quest. It has an interesting and unique reward.

April 14, 2013 1:22:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DsRaider,

Quoting parrottmath, reply 9All that is left is the difficult part...making the icons and the pictures. Oh yeah and designing the champion to fight so it's not bacco the beggar anymore.

I would be glad to help if you want it. I like the idea behind this quest. It has an interesting and unique reward.

Wouldn't mind the help actually. I've not got the artistic talent (I get by) But if you would like to make the pics that I made look better or replace them with your own be my guest.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/Quest_ManUnderTheTree/Quest_ManUnderTheTree_1_0.zip

This is a fully functioning quest with a fully funtioning reward exactly as suggested it be made. It gives 1 gildar per level of city to which it is located per turn.

It's done.

April 14, 2013 11:39:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here are some improvement pics I made. See if you like them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20690209/Trees.zip

April 14, 2013 11:47:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks... those look much better. Icons are not my strong suit, it would take me a very long time to get that result. Here is the updated version with Gildar Tree improvement icons from DsRaider

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/Quest_ManUnderTheTree/Quest_ManUnderTheTree_1_1.zip

April 15, 2013 4:08:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Trojasmic did you even see your quest?

April 15, 2013 4:13:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi Parrot, yes thanks!  I'm testing out a couple of research scenarios to determine what is the best build path and then I'll go back to the playing the regular game with my new quest.

April 19, 2013 7:35:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So, does this just extract to your Quests dir? Or the mods dir?

April 19, 2013 11:01:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

given the fact that there are graphics associated that needs to be seen, I would suggest in the mods directory. The quests directory will work for the base quest, but you need to put the graphics somewhere and I'm not sure if the game will see these graphics from that directory. You would have to put the tiles in the tiles place and the shadows in the shadow place (also the rest of the picture there too, so the game will find the graphics, if you don't want to run mods).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time: