Stardock gives the finger to FE players

By on April 8, 2013 10:01:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

enoeraew37

Join Date 11/2005
+5

Exactly how does Stardock explain not replying to FE customers for a MONTH regarding updates and the like for FE? Cause I cant see it any other way as a deliberate cold shoulder. Getting off the endless beta train at FE? No more support for you!

Given that the internet is in everyone pocket via smartphone, there is absolutely no excuse for lack of communication. Not to mention you apparently have no problem interacting with the LH people in a timely way. And yes, I bought your product and thus I'm entitled to have it work to spec. Chancing the patching numerology to a 1 doesnt make the game done, especially when you are suddenly releasing 100 new fixes, learned from FE, into the newest money sink.

Locked Post 71 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 8, 2013 10:48:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Name me a game company (especially a smaller one with limited resources) that will patch a game while developing its expansion and I'll give you a finger-shaped cookie.

April 8, 2013 10:56:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

especially when you are suddenly releasing 100 new fixes, learned from FE, into the newest money sink.

Not sure about that.  There more bugs in the latest LH that the latest FE I would have thought.

April 8, 2013 11:07:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

the is on its way!

April 8, 2013 11:13:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Software development company puts most of its resources into product nearing delivery deadline.  News at 11. 

April 8, 2013 11:36:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well, DotA 1 is still receiving updates while DotA 2 is in beta.

(Sorry, I guess I'm not helping)

April 8, 2013 11:37:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
After all SD did to make things right with the "game that is not to be named' (EWOM): The CEO's passion for these games, and after hours labors of love lavished on these games. SD bringing on some 'out of the box' talent. SD learning (and admitting) from the EWOM fiasco by restructuring the entire game creation process from the ground up. i suspect SD may be prioritizing its efforts in a direction that does not meet your immediate needs, but will probably meet your needs in a better way a little bit down the road. I would be VERY surprised if SD did not (later) patch FE with the basic fixes learned in working with LH. I might be wrong... but look at the history of the GalCiv games...
April 8, 2013 11:38:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

it doesnt take any resources to scribe a quick reply. Just a concern for the feelings of others. 

April 8, 2013 11:42:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The phrasing of this topic is retarded.

I am also curious why 1.4 isn't released yet, given its small size and how long it's been sitting nowhere.

April 8, 2013 11:48:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Stop fingering me, Stardock!  Bad touch, I need an adult!

April 8, 2013 11:52:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Eno, as forgiving as Stardock (especially Brad) is, I'm not sure they're willing to give you any more chances because of your crap posts.  I think the best you can hope for is the aforementioned finger-shaped cookie. 

Maybe one of the more liked forum posters could ask the question on your behalf... on second thought, we already know the answer.  FE is a pretty good game as is.  They'll patch it up (and include some of the LH changes backported to FE) when they get a chance in a few weeks.

April 8, 2013 11:56:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Mitroll,

A cookie for you!

Simply send your name, address, and bank account number to my Nigerian PO Box and it will be shipped to you forthwith.

April 8, 2013 12:09:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fw being a pretty good game doesnt excuse stardock from ignoring FE and its players for a month. 

April 8, 2013 12:11:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

all actions consume resources.

April 8, 2013 12:13:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

The phrasing of this topic is retarded.

I am also curious why 1.4 isn't released yet, given its small size and how long it's been sitting nowhere.

Possibly because their QA process is busy on LH beta updates?  Or because they're waiting for LH Gold to get features/fixes nailed down that they can backport to one big patch?  If 1.4 is minor, it should be easy to get out.  But if it's minor, who cares? 

And as much as Eno's constant badgering (and particularly the phrasing around that badgering) are excessive, I agree that it wouldn't hurt for a dev post in regards to post-LH support for EFE, even if its to reconfirm the previous commitment to backport any applicable fixes & engine improvements.  

Edit:  Not that I personally care about EFE at all.  The LH beta is superior to EFE 1.3x.  But a little communication for those who are sticking with EFE wouldn't hurt.

April 8, 2013 12:42:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They are posting elsewhere just not FE or GC2. Two weeks is busy. A monthor more is deliberate. FE is superior to LH in gameplay but not ui

April 8, 2013 1:38:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting enoeraew37,

They are posting elsewhere just not FE or GC2. Two weeks is busy. A monthor more is deliberate. FE is superior to LH in gameplay but not ui

"Two weeks is busy.  A month or more is deliberate".  Arbitrary nonsense.  

"FE is superior to LH in gameplay but not ui".  Obviously, take any opinion you want.  I'm not looking to argue the merits.  

I think they should give FE players an update on what's going to happen post-LH launch.  I just also think that you are your own worst enemy on this topic. 

April 8, 2013 1:45:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We are One is everyone's worse enemy on every topic.  If he had a different attitude about how he approached things, he might get a better answer.  But who would want to respond to this stuff? 

April 8, 2013 2:12:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"Fuck you, assholes!  Why aren't you more friendly?"

I would add, that right now 99% of the user-generated posts are about LH.  SO I guess it's not just Stardock that's giving you the middle finger; we've all pretty much moved on to the beta.

So maybe Stardock is focusing their attention there because that is where their users are focused.

April 8, 2013 2:50:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When you're back-porting fixes it's usually a good idea to wait and see if they have any unintended side-effects.  Throwing beta code into a stable release of the base game is not a good idea.

Also, I'm sure there's a developer at Stardock that would love to give you the skinny on what's going on, except his or her forum post would probably end 'oh God Brad's found me gotta go.'

April 8, 2013 3:02:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Mitroll,

At the very least you're not conforming. Have some karma instead of a cookie.

April 8, 2013 3:05:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,

We are One is everyone's worse enemy on every topic.  If he had a different attitude about how he approached things, he might get a better answer.  But who would want to respond to this stuff? 

Someone has to be the critic. game wont get better just with leg humping alone. Others, including myself have tired asking nicely in other posts. No response. Busy doesnt explain silence. Planning to do it later doesnt explain silence. If there was a future for FE players they say "busy now but something soon" or whatever which would take 3 seconds to type. FE customers are getting dodo'd and they just dont want to say it out loud so they just ignore us like they did with GalCiv2. 'Cause if they were honest that would prob mean less LH sales.

April 8, 2013 4:03:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting enoeraew37,

Someone has to be the critic. game wont get better just with leg humping alone. Others, including myself have tired asking nicely in other posts. No response. Busy doesnt explain silence. Planning to do it later doesnt explain silence. If there was a future for FE players they say "busy now but something soon" or whatever which would take 3 seconds to type. FE customers are getting dodo'd and they just dont want to say it out loud so they just ignore us like they did with GalCiv2. 'Cause if they were honest that would prob mean less LH sales.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/442382/page/1/#3342052

April 8, 2013 4:03:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
April 8, 2013 4:56:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy is on self imposed quasi-exile from this project so I'm not sure he's has qualified answer we are looking for. Before stringing up the mission accomplished banner lets hear from Kael.

So how does one explain the month of silence? Stardock will withhold answers until the customer appropriately grovels and debases themselves? Do we need to repeat this monthly cycle or can we have weekly-bi-weekly updates? Lack of communication continues to leave me without knowledge of what to expect.

April 8, 2013 5:02:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Kids nowadays.  I'd like to transport you back to the mid 90's when patches and updates only happened once or twice if you were lucky if at all.  Those updates may have been Months to years after the project.

Unimpressed with the rant of self entitlement

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000860   Page Render Time: