Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 0.80 changelog

By on April 5, 2013 9:48:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+173

*** Released 04/11/2013 ***

Features

Added Kulan of Umber as a starting sovereign.

Added General Carrodus of Capitar as a starting sovereign.

Added a new empire champion, Corinne the Archivist (a ghost champion)

Added a new kingdom champion, Pellion the Bright (a lightbringer champion)

Added a new construct, the Armored Sentinel, an animated suit of armor with immunity to poison, crits and swarm and the archign Shield Bash ability

Added Battle Cry as a new Commander trait

Removed Encumbrance.  Instead we have chain mail proficiency and plate mail proficiency that enables the use of those armor types.  Defenders get chain mail for free and plate mail early on.  Warriors get chain early and plate in the middle of their trait tree.  Assassins get chain mail in the middle of their trait tree.

Added new tactical maps

Redid the Defender trait tree

Defenders get to use Chain mail armor for free
Defender I trait increased from +5 to +10 defense when defending
Defender II trait increased from +10 to +15 defense when defending
Removed the Defender III trait
Endurance trait gives +10 hit points instead of +1 per level
Added the Endurance 2 defender trait (it gives +15 hit points)
Converted the general Graceful trait to the defender Stand Firm trait
Removed the Guardian III trait
Added the Arching Shield Bash defender trait (shield bash 3 adjacent units)
Added the First Aid defender trait (heals an ally within 1 tile)
Added the Hold the Line defender trait (sets all allies defending and gives them bonus Dodge until their next action)
Added the Invincible defender trait (caster becomes immune to physical damage until its next action)
Removed the Spell Resistance III trait
Added the Summon Sentinel trait (summons an Armored Sentinel into tactical combat and boosts the defense of all surrounding allies
Added the Eternal Guard defender trait (+5 levels for summoned sentinels)
Added the Ironskin defender trait (+3 defense)
Added Plate Mail Proficiency, it enables the use of plate mail armor 

Fixes

Fixed an issue that was keeping new champions from spawning with their special consumable gear (potions and scrolls)

Fixed an issue causing the hit chance for dodgeable special abilities to be incorrect

Fixed an issue keeping the Pariden spellbooks form showing up in on the choose sovereign window and in the tech tree

Fixed an issue keeping Krax’s Ice Spear and Lightning Pike form showing up in the choose sovereign window and tech tree

Fixed the provides tages on the Berserkers Axe and Berserkers Broadsword

Fixed an issue where the AI can ask for peace even if you aren't at war

Fixed an issue with the Tremor spell not removing Dodge correctly (fix by Parrottmath)

Fixed an issue that could allow a troll Shaman to kill himself by casting Barbs

Fixed an issue with the tactical spell Command, where depending on when it was cast, it could cause the target unit to always go next, over and over and over

Fixed an issue causing swarm bonuses to be exponential (it was normal with 1 allied units, but 2 did x4 the bonus, 3 did x9 the bonus, etc)

Fixed some broken tactical maps

Fixed an issue that could cause to many guardian statues, catapults or assassin demon city defenders to be spawned

Fixed crashes

Balance

Remade all the level 7 Empire champions

Remade all the level 7 Kingdom champions

Remade all the level 9 Empire champions

Remade all the level 9 Kingdom champions

You now have visibility for 1 tile outside of your borders

Lethal 1 increased from +1 attack to +2 attack

Lethal 2 increased from +2 attack to +3 attack

Lethal 3 increased from +3 attack to +4 attack

Warrior Muscle trait also gives +1 attack now

Increased the default players on the Huge map from 8 to 10

Administrator III trait lowers the unrest in all cities by 10% (instead of just the city the champion is in)

Increased the CityCountUnrestPenalty from 2 to 3

Reap II increases the damage form damaging an opponent from 1 to 3 and Reap III increases it from 3 to 6

Enchanted Backpack gives an init bonus

Golden Belt gives 25% Splash damage

Strength and Muscle traits give bonus attack

A full suit of Chain Mail gives -3 init

A full suit of Plate mail gives -6 init

Warriors get an Endurance trait that increases their hit points

Spell Leech has a 5 turn cooldown to fix an infinite mana exploit

Broke magic staves in Fire and Cold staff categories for unit design

Eye of Abeix trophy increased to +50% growth and +5 init for defending units

Head of Amhah trophy increased to +50% growth and -50% unrest

Heart of Delin trophy increased to +50% growth, defending units are immune to fire and trained units get fire resistance

Heart of Morian trophy increased to +50 growth and +50% hit points for trained units

Horn of Sarog trophy increased to +50% growth and +1 fame per season

Head of Torax trophy increased to +50% growth and +3 attack and defense for defending units

Fist of Vetrar trophy increased to +50% growth, defending units are immune to cold and trained units start with Cold resistance

Storehouse increased from +40 food per grain to +50

Rusty Armor gets increased defense but becomes rarer

Aegis Robe Defense increased form 5 to 6 and it gains +5 Dodge

Increased the CombatRatingToExpMultiplier from .05 to .06 (ie: increased the amount of xp gained from combat)

AI

AI smarter in relations

AI smarter about when to ask for peace

Monster AI tweaks

UI

New waterfalls from Parrottmath

In tactical combat the button for the spell or ability you are using remains highlighted

Fixed the Spearman Expert and Master icons (they were reversed)

Even better water

New selection tiles in tactical

Locked Post 139 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Gandalftheredskin
April 9, 2013 12:52:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting mqpiffle,
Just do not call it muggle.

I agree with that, but I couldn't think of anything else to call it...

April 9, 2013 6:19:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

perhaps it could be 'path of the parrot'?

harpo

April 9, 2013 9:03:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ways of Old? Oldworld Warrior?

Also: Capitar! Those greedy bastards finally have a face to represent their mediocrity!

April 9, 2013 12:02:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Too many cities too close together... Derek, please increase the distance between cities requirement.

April 9, 2013 2:02:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,

Too many cities too close together... Derek, please increase the distance between cities requirement.

+1

My druthers would be a cap on the number of cities per faction, based on map size. Sovereign or racial abilities, or wonders/buildings/events/quests could increase/decrease the cap. 

Make cities important, and stop the settler spam.

April 9, 2013 6:35:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think it would be better to give people a game start option (slider) on city distance.    Not everyone feels the same way on the subject.   

In addition, the further we go into making city unrest a driver for the game the less fun the game will be for some people.      Notice the latest unreleased patch increases the amount of unrest based on the number of cities.    This, IMHO, is a mistake.    I am more interested in the 4X's than I am in worrying about who in the city is unhappy.    I realize that this is just one opinion but each of us has our own views of where the game should go.

April 9, 2013 7:43:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,

Gotta disagree here.

I like being to settle my cities close together. Makes it easier to defend.

April 9, 2013 8:52:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Administrator III is going to do wonders for knocking down unrest, only downside is that it will be required, and you'll see tons of admin lvl 6's stuck in cities.

April 9, 2013 10:19:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When you settle a city, it takes away the yields 6 tiles around it.  Used to be 5.  That would be the great limiter, not how close you can build improvements.  Reducing the distance between cities' improvements to 2 tiles just means it's easier to close the ZoC gap between cities since you don't need to build a monument or town hall in order to do so, now.  It doesn't mean you'll be able to have more cities.

April 10, 2013 12:17:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I know you're reworking the Champions, so hopefully Kasst will get a movement bump to 3

April 10, 2013 9:38:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

city spam shoud be stopped, it just only possible and only rewarded strategy - build town at every spot, level fortress to level 5 repeat...

level administrator to level 6 pick administrator 3 continue... 

April 10, 2013 9:54:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They need to require 3 food to settle, just like 3 materials is required now.

April 10, 2013 11:59:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Removed Encumbrance. Instead we have chain mail proficiency and plate mail proficiency that enables the use of those armor types. Defenders get both early on. Warriors get chain early and plate in the middle of their trait tree. Assassins get chain mail in the middle of their trait tree.

Wow, big change. I understand why you did it, encumbrance made designing units messy and exploitable. It really did not work with the current system where armor and items upgraded into new items with different weights.

Have you added a initiative penalty to shields, because otherwise there will be no reason not to use them all the time.

April 10, 2013 12:00:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I see lots of requests to spread out cities....ifyou change the map type does it make less places that can be settled (I know soem of the types talk about more desert, more swamp, and things like this.  I'm just wondeirng if there is alreadyd a mechanic that would allow for people who want cities to be spread out to use by changing map types.  This way peopple who like having lots of cities also have this option.

April 10, 2013 12:50:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can't speak for ravaged or swamp, but as far as the other maps go, eventually the lands heal, and the settlers cometh. It does seem that after the Blood Moon event, likely because no one currently ever signs peace treaties except with the player, the settler swarm dies down, to be replaced by troops. The AI seems to focus the resources it used to found new settlements to instead take them from others. Possibly this will change with .80.

In my current game the AI has been at war for several hundred turns, I'm not sure that they have built any pioneers during that time. There's a chunk of land available due to my clearing a couple of wildlands, right on the AI's borders, and they've ignored it. One of the AI leaders wandered the map after losing his last city, and never attempted to resettle, finally dying in battle long afterwards. My guess is when it gets down to one AI, they'll start spamming pioneers again until that free space is locked down.

As a long time Civ player, I wouldn't mind the need to spam settlers just to keep up with the AI quite as much if there were an easier means for controlling settlements. Currently, it's a bit unwieldy after you have 10 or so. The UI thread has several good suggestions regarding this issue. More slider options at set up would be ideal.

Something else I've noticed about the AI's habits concerns the settlements themselves. It's very rare for me to capture an AI settlement that contains a workshop, and I don't think I have ever captured one with a mason or higher. While my own cities have long since reached their maximum growth, the AI cities are sickly and weak by comparison, including the capitals.

All things I'm sure will be worked out in time, looking forward to trying out the new version.

April 10, 2013 2:29:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Would Chain mail proficiency allow for masterwork chain

Would Plate mail allow for light plate?

Could be issue for some races.

I wouldn't mind this concept being expanded with masterwork leather as well.

April 10, 2013 2:33:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,
Removed Encumbrance.  Instead we have chain mail proficiency and plate mail proficiency that enables the use of those armor types.  Defenders get both early on.  Warriors get chain early and plate in the middle of their trait tree.  Assassins get chain mail in the middle of their trait tree.

That is a very interesting change and i think it will work much better than the encumbrance system, but i would go one step further:

- Assassin: automatically gets leather proficiency

- Commander: automatically gets leather and chain mail proficiency

- Defender: automatically gets leather, chain mail and plate mail proficiency

- Mage: none

- Warrior: automatically gets leather and chain mail proficiency

- The leather, chain mail and plate mail proficiencies are general traits

- A full suit of chain mail gives -3 init and - 10 dodge

- A full suit of plate mail gives -6 init and - 20 dodge

- There should be only one trait: strength or muscle

April 10, 2013 2:45:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wizard1200,

quoting postRemoved Encumbrance.  Instead we have chain mail proficiency and plate mail proficiency that enables the use of those armor types.  Defenders get both early on.  Warriors get chain early and plate in the middle of their trait tree.  Assassins get chain mail in the middle of their trait tree.

That is a very interesting change and i think it will work much better than the encumbrance system, but i would go one step further:

- Assassin: automatically gets leather proficiency

- Commander: automatically gets leather and chain mail proficiency

- Defender: automatically gets leather, chain mail and plate mail proficiency

- Mage: none

- Warrior: automatically gets leather and chain mail proficiency

- The leather, chain mail and plate mail proficiencies are general traits

- A full suit of chain mail gives -3 init and - 10 dodge

- A full suit of plate mail gives -6 init and - 20 dodge

- There should be only one trait: strength or muscle

I like most of this very much, but as someone who has spent more than a little time in armoured combat(SCA), the dodge penalties are excessive.

April 10, 2013 2:57:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting xaltotun,

I think it would be better to give people a game start option (slider) on city distance.    Not everyone feels the same way on the subject.   

In addition, the further we go into making city unrest a driver for the game the less fun the game will be for some people.      Notice the latest unreleased patch increases the amount of unrest based on the number of cities.    This, IMHO, is a mistake.    I am more interested in the 4X's than I am in worrying about who in the city is unhappy.    I realize that this is just one opinion but each of us has our own views of where the game should go.

Always some People complaining about mechanisms that control too heavy snowballing effects and non brainer one-sided strategies..... Those People wouldn't be the best game designers. I seldom see these people come up with other and better ideas....

April 10, 2013 3:19:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like the changes in the encumbrance, actually.  I am sure it will need more fleshing out over the rest of the beta, buit I think it will really differentiate the classes from one another. 

I am a little split in losing the ability to make a fully armored water/air mage, but that wasn't THAT useful overall.  If made to choose, I generally find better tactical fighting with more scripted class roles.  This doesn't mean only one "best" way to play the role, of course.  That is the difficulty of that approach, still having a lot of freedom within the scripted role of the class. 

April 10, 2013 6:16:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting xaltotun,
In addition, the further we go into making city unrest a driver for the game the less fun the game will be for some people. Notice the latest unreleased patch increases the amount of unrest based on the number of cities. This, IMHO, is a mistake. I am more interested in the 4X's than I am in worrying about who in the city is unhappy. I realize that this is just one opinion but each of us has our own views of where the game should go.

+1

I spend too much time trying to keep unrest down.

April 10, 2013 7:06:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

with this patch you might as well rename the game to something else because it will be brand new again.

April 10, 2013 7:56:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A better solution might be having an unrest building that increases in effectiveness the more cities you have, or have troops lower unrest in a city.

(1% unrest drop per non-hero unit, so a 4-man squad would be 4%.  Slaves increase unrest instead of reducing)

April 10, 2013 9:21:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Even better water

Now, with double the Hydrogen for every Oxygen!

April 10, 2013 9:29:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If encumbrance is being removed, what advantage will Warhorses from Legacy of Serrane give now over regular Horses?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time: