Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 0.80 changelog

By on April 5, 2013 9:48:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+173

*** Released 04/11/2013 ***

Features

Added Kulan of Umber as a starting sovereign.

Added General Carrodus of Capitar as a starting sovereign.

Added a new empire champion, Corinne the Archivist (a ghost champion)

Added a new kingdom champion, Pellion the Bright (a lightbringer champion)

Added a new construct, the Armored Sentinel, an animated suit of armor with immunity to poison, crits and swarm and the archign Shield Bash ability

Added Battle Cry as a new Commander trait

Removed Encumbrance.  Instead we have chain mail proficiency and plate mail proficiency that enables the use of those armor types.  Defenders get chain mail for free and plate mail early on.  Warriors get chain early and plate in the middle of their trait tree.  Assassins get chain mail in the middle of their trait tree.

Added new tactical maps

Redid the Defender trait tree

Defenders get to use Chain mail armor for free
Defender I trait increased from +5 to +10 defense when defending
Defender II trait increased from +10 to +15 defense when defending
Removed the Defender III trait
Endurance trait gives +10 hit points instead of +1 per level
Added the Endurance 2 defender trait (it gives +15 hit points)
Converted the general Graceful trait to the defender Stand Firm trait
Removed the Guardian III trait
Added the Arching Shield Bash defender trait (shield bash 3 adjacent units)
Added the First Aid defender trait (heals an ally within 1 tile)
Added the Hold the Line defender trait (sets all allies defending and gives them bonus Dodge until their next action)
Added the Invincible defender trait (caster becomes immune to physical damage until its next action)
Removed the Spell Resistance III trait
Added the Summon Sentinel trait (summons an Armored Sentinel into tactical combat and boosts the defense of all surrounding allies
Added the Eternal Guard defender trait (+5 levels for summoned sentinels)
Added the Ironskin defender trait (+3 defense)
Added Plate Mail Proficiency, it enables the use of plate mail armor 

Fixes

Fixed an issue that was keeping new champions from spawning with their special consumable gear (potions and scrolls)

Fixed an issue causing the hit chance for dodgeable special abilities to be incorrect

Fixed an issue keeping the Pariden spellbooks form showing up in on the choose sovereign window and in the tech tree

Fixed an issue keeping Krax’s Ice Spear and Lightning Pike form showing up in the choose sovereign window and tech tree

Fixed the provides tages on the Berserkers Axe and Berserkers Broadsword

Fixed an issue where the AI can ask for peace even if you aren't at war

Fixed an issue with the Tremor spell not removing Dodge correctly (fix by Parrottmath)

Fixed an issue that could allow a troll Shaman to kill himself by casting Barbs

Fixed an issue with the tactical spell Command, where depending on when it was cast, it could cause the target unit to always go next, over and over and over

Fixed an issue causing swarm bonuses to be exponential (it was normal with 1 allied units, but 2 did x4 the bonus, 3 did x9 the bonus, etc)

Fixed some broken tactical maps

Fixed an issue that could cause to many guardian statues, catapults or assassin demon city defenders to be spawned

Fixed crashes

Balance

Remade all the level 7 Empire champions

Remade all the level 7 Kingdom champions

Remade all the level 9 Empire champions

Remade all the level 9 Kingdom champions

You now have visibility for 1 tile outside of your borders

Lethal 1 increased from +1 attack to +2 attack

Lethal 2 increased from +2 attack to +3 attack

Lethal 3 increased from +3 attack to +4 attack

Warrior Muscle trait also gives +1 attack now

Increased the default players on the Huge map from 8 to 10

Administrator III trait lowers the unrest in all cities by 10% (instead of just the city the champion is in)

Increased the CityCountUnrestPenalty from 2 to 3

Reap II increases the damage form damaging an opponent from 1 to 3 and Reap III increases it from 3 to 6

Enchanted Backpack gives an init bonus

Golden Belt gives 25% Splash damage

Strength and Muscle traits give bonus attack

A full suit of Chain Mail gives -3 init

A full suit of Plate mail gives -6 init

Warriors get an Endurance trait that increases their hit points

Spell Leech has a 5 turn cooldown to fix an infinite mana exploit

Broke magic staves in Fire and Cold staff categories for unit design

Eye of Abeix trophy increased to +50% growth and +5 init for defending units

Head of Amhah trophy increased to +50% growth and -50% unrest

Heart of Delin trophy increased to +50% growth, defending units are immune to fire and trained units get fire resistance

Heart of Morian trophy increased to +50 growth and +50% hit points for trained units

Horn of Sarog trophy increased to +50% growth and +1 fame per season

Head of Torax trophy increased to +50% growth and +3 attack and defense for defending units

Fist of Vetrar trophy increased to +50% growth, defending units are immune to cold and trained units start with Cold resistance

Storehouse increased from +40 food per grain to +50

Rusty Armor gets increased defense but becomes rarer

Aegis Robe Defense increased form 5 to 6 and it gains +5 Dodge

Increased the CombatRatingToExpMultiplier from .05 to .06 (ie: increased the amount of xp gained from combat)

AI

AI smarter in relations

AI smarter about when to ask for peace

Monster AI tweaks

UI

New waterfalls from Parrottmath

In tactical combat the button for the spell or ability you are using remains highlighted

Fixed the Spearman Expert and Master icons (they were reversed)

Even better water

New selection tiles in tactical

Locked Post 139 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 5, 2013 10:05:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Are there any plans to change the trees of the assassin, commander, defender and mage, too?

I think the path of the commander is currently one of the most powerful and most boring paths, because the stat increasements are only passive. It would be better to make them active abilities like Command or Battle Cry.

April 5, 2013 10:33:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wizard1200,
Are there any plans to change the trees of the assassin, commander, defender and mage, too?

I think the path of the commander is currently one of the most powerful and most boring paths, because the stat increasements are only passive. It would be better to make them active abilities like Command or Battle Cry.

It wouldn't hurt to make the commander path more active, though I DO like those passive abilities.

April 5, 2013 2:51:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wizard1200,

Defender is my next tree to focus on sprucing up and I plan on having in for this patch.

April 5, 2013 2:58:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Umber and Capitar are back.  Umber has been fucking my world up in the last few games. Swarming jerks.  

April 5, 2013 3:02:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah does this mean they will get some love trait and balance wise. There are a ton of bugs with their unique traits, and as currently implemented they have no racial abilities.

April 5, 2013 3:05:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

UMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other races are already packing to leave this world.  

THANK YOU STARDOCK

April 5, 2013 3:13:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

Quoting Wizard1200, reply 1

Defender is my next tree to focus on sprucing up and I plan on having in for this patch.

Why are you ignoring Fallen Enchantress Support Derek? Its one thing to quickly post that you arnt working on anything for FE atm. Its entirely another to vanish for a month+ and not reply at all to info requests (while posting in the LH forums). For shame.

April 5, 2013 3:20:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks Stardock.

Your moving so fast!

Only problem I have is assassins tools is kind of all over the place. Skath claw and scimitar need to be looked at, as they do different things and upgrading from one to the other would be messy. Also last I checked poison cost like 15 points.

I'd fix up the other trait trees before you redesign too many heroes.

Also could we get wildland rewards and glitches sorted out in a patch soon?

April 5, 2013 3:22:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DsRaider,

Yeah does this mean they will get some love trait and balance wise. There are a ton of bugs with their unique traits, and as currently implemented they have no racial abilities.

Hoping for some look at them.

Think Urxen should get vuln fire res cold to balance out Magnar's res fire vuln cold.   Other than that, I think they're ok.

Capitar I'd like to see them be the Kingdom counterpart of Kraxis, though with a horse focus.

April 5, 2013 4:25:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting enoeraew37,

Quoting Derek Paxton, reply 3

Quoting Wizard1200, reply 1

Why are you ignoring Fallen Enchantress Support Derek? Its one thing to quickly post that you arnt working on anything for FE atm. Its entirely another to vanish for a month+ and not reply at all to info requests (while posting in the LH forums). For shame.

Because they are sprucing up LH to 1.0 and than will backport all the upgrades into FE 1.4

April 5, 2013 4:46:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We are one grumpy guy.  

April 5, 2013 5:19:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks good so far, keep up the good work.

April 5, 2013 5:29:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Love the big changes showing up in the changlogs. It's good to be back in beta!

April 5, 2013 5:37:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

a great - i was confident that you would eventually make some official/canon version of Kulan and Carrodus. I used custom versions of them for a long time - makes me curious how far off my trait selection for the two guys is

also looking forward to the defender overhaul. they used to be my favourite path in FE, hope you will cook up some interesting perks for them

April 5, 2013 5:38:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looking forward to update on the trees - would also suggest allowing 2 trait selections per level or compressing all traits to be more powerful.  Leveling has a great concept and UI now - but the actual "ding" of leveling is underwhelming.   +1 research to... +2 research!  yeah!   

tier 1, something (-15 unrest?  Kind of think that should be just for choosing commander)

Tier 2, +2 research

Tier 3, +5 research

Tier 4, +100 research

Tier 5, 10 research.

April 5, 2013 6:33:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A feature request to highlight the explorer button when exploring is activated. Less of an issue now that I see the path that a unit is taking, but it would be nice to know that it is because they are exploring.

April 5, 2013 6:39:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

A feature request to highlight the explorer button when exploring is activated. Less of an issue now that I see the path that a unit is taking, but it would be nice to know that it is because they are exploring.

Yeah, thats a big one.  Its on our list too.  Brad submitted it in his feedback.  Soren submitted it in his feedback.  Everyone wants it.

April 5, 2013 7:07:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Another one is to actually see on map or in city details screen when there is a harmful spell in effect on it. The way it is now, all you can do is go city by city and try the dispel on it.

April 5, 2013 8:17:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,
You now have visibility for 1 tile outside of your borders

Of all the gameplay changes this patch (or even last patch), this is my favorite.  I have lost  many cities to monsters that I never saw coming.

April 5, 2013 8:23:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Each update, it keeps getting better! A few random suggestions / bugs:

* Settle keyboard shortcut ( doesn't work for the sovereign. I am not sure about pioneers.

* In the skill tree when leveling up heroes, it's is very hard to tell between the skills you already have and what you can select. Make the highlight / outline whatever more distinct.

* I always forget to cast city enchantments on some of my cities. A visual indicator (like the Yellow End Turn button indicator recently implemented) to remind the player would be helpful. Same thing goes for research on the first turn (this is not as critical).

* When I decide what to level up my cities to (town / fortress / research city), I usually decide that based on the raw (unsettled) resource count of the tile. But after you settle the city, you can't see that raw count (you see the modified numbers). It would be helpful to show the raw resource count (4/2/2, etc.) along with the city stats.

As always, thanks!

April 5, 2013 10:48:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great work as always Derek.  Thanks for your dedication.  Also great to see Brad getting stuck into the AI last patch.  

One question, when is the Druid hero making an appearance?  

April 5, 2013 11:09:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kobracan,
* When I decide what to level up my cities to (town / fortress / research city), I usually decide that based on the raw (unsettled) resource count of the tile. But after you settle the city, you can't see that raw count (you see the modified numbers). It would be helpful to show the raw resource count (4/2/2, etc.) along with the city stats.

You can get that from the city detail window, under Overview (it shows Population, Unrest, Growth, Grain, Materials, and Essence, the last 3 being what you're asking for).

You can also get the information from the resource tooltips.  Examples below have 3 as the Grain/Materials.

Food has Grain in the tooltip, looks like:  +40 per Grain (3)

Production has Materials in the tooltip, looks like: +14 per Materials (3)

The number of essences is also shown on the city HUD as barely-noticeable dips along the top border (there's a mod that makes them circles, as it should be), and again in the city detail window in the top-left corner (where enchantments can also be removed). 

April 5, 2013 11:57:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, I know the city level up screen has that info but I thought those were modified numbers (i.e. after the improvements). Are you sure those are the raw numbers? I guess I can double-check but last time I checked they were modified numbers.

April 6, 2013 1:39:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The numbers on the City Details screen are modified, but if you mouse over them you will see a complete breakdown of how those numbers are calculated.

April 6, 2013 1:58:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hmm I see I'll check this again. Thanks.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time: