[0.51 bug] high fame, low level heroes

By on March 29, 2013 1:00:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

szilard_fater

Join Date 12/2008

At 400 fame I could choose between level 9 heroes, then at 800 fame very low level (3-4) heroes again.

I would assume the higher my fame, the better heroes come.

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 29, 2013 6:31:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have also had a L9 hero have about three different magic traits, and not much else.  A L9 unit should have at least 11 traits (not including race trait).

March 29, 2013 7:46:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

At 3200 fame I got a level 1 hero, that's was really disappointing. I also assumed that better fame means better heroes, but apparently that's not the case (or it's a plain bug).

March 29, 2013 11:08:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This may not be a bug. In many ways, low-level heroes are better because you can shape them as you want. High-level ones at the start are how they are, like it or not. If I choose a level 1, I can even choose its class. That's a real advantage, depending on what I am looking for at the time.

March 29, 2013 11:29:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I also think that with more fame you should get higher level heroes.  But I'd like to see it that at some point (say, for example, level 9) the heroes start coming with some starting set of attributes but that you get to choose further attributes up to the level of the hero, in the same way that you can choose the attributes of henchman that you train in fortresses that provide level bonuses.

March 30, 2013 12:18:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Beric01,

This may not be a bug. In many ways, low-level heroes are better because you can shape them as you want. High-level ones at the start are how they are, like it or not. If I choose a level 1, I can even choose its class. That's a real advantage, depending on what I am looking for at the time.

That would be true if leveling an hero wouldn't be so painfully slow at the moment.

March 30, 2013 3:11:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

most of the level 1/3/5/7/9 heroes already existed in the FE base game and they probably didn't have time to create a bunch of level 11/13/15 etc heroes for 800/1600/3200/... fame. most games won't reach those levels anyway, so it probably wasn't a high priority to get them done, yet.

March 30, 2013 3:32:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think all heroes you should be able to choose their path, and higher lvl heroes should have some extra unique skills you can choose from.

Skilled Swordsmen should unlock the possibility of extra sword skills for example.

April 1, 2013 12:09:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Publius of NV,

I also think that with more fame you should get higher level heroes.  But I'd like to see it that at some point (say, for example, level 9) the heroes start coming with some starting set of attributes but that you get to choose further attributes up to the level of the hero, in the same way that you can choose the attributes of henchman that you train in fortresses that provide level bonuses.

Good call.  I would say just apply it to all heroes > lvl 1.

Give 'em a couple base abilities plus some gear for their lvl, but let me choose their skill set.

April 1, 2013 12:35:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting mqpiffle,

Quoting Publius of NV, reply 4

Good call.  I would say just apply it to all heroes > lvl 1.

Give 'em a couple base abilities plus some gear for their lvl, but let me choose their skill set.

I'm all for that. I want to define my heroes more. And I think higher level heroes should come with a lot more skills than they currently do.

April 1, 2013 9:09:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have also had a L9 hero have about three different magic traits, and not much else. A L9 unit should have at least 11 traits (not including race trait).

This, a big part of the problem is that champions pretty much never come with base stat traits. Sure its exciting to get a wildling hero that has coalstones, but the fact that hes lv 5 and has no traits beyond coalstones, Air I, Fire I and Mage means hes worthless till you get him to some evoker at level 9. Even the lv9 heroes need you to upgrade them just to grab some spellmastery or lethal traits.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time: