MY PERSONAL BUILD: TOP 5 MOD TWEAKS FOR LH

what are yours?

By on March 28, 2013 4:41:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ins2

Join Date 03/2011
+4

LH is evolving into an AMAZING game, and an even better platform for future expansions/DLCS/mods

However, there are five relatively minor tweaks that I plan to do in order to make gameplay absolutely perfect:

1. Make a new engineer unit with the build outpost and build roads ability

2. Change the essence given by scrying pools and oracles to 2

3. Make Adventurer's guild non-unique and make it give experience every turn to stationed heroes

4. Re-introduce snaking for piers and logging camps

5. Create more random quests that recruit heroes (to simulate the old map-based hero camps)

These are my personal tweaks - they can all be done via modding, and are critical to my gameplay experience. 

I am very curious to find what 5 things would other people mod in order to improve their gameplay based on their own preferences. 

Would anyone else care to submit their top 5? Perhaps we can exchange some good ideas!

Best, bendiwolf

Locked Post 47 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 30, 2013 7:50:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Guys, the 2 essence on pools is indeed too much. Instead, I created a building that gives 1 essence, and a "wonder" which upgrades from it that gives 2 essence.  It helps a lot, and doesn't break the game.

And to give credit where due, Parrottmath made the Female Henchmen mod, and I can't function well without it. I won't complain this game promotes misogyny by not allowing female units to be Henchmen. I guess its hard to find a woman to hire for that job when they are too busy scraping off wolf pelts and cleaning swords...

Instead, I will be glad for the ability to mod in what is desired. Personally, I think they should just add it into the base game, imo.

March 30, 2013 8:23:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I often find myself making all of my tanky units female, and all of the squishy units male.

What? My faction is a matriarchy!

March 30, 2013 4:02:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Currently any mod I make using improvements already in the coreimprovements.xml, duplicates. For instance I tried to modify the Adventurer's Guild, but it only added to existing stats and not removing the only 1 per faction flag. The only way to change this seems to be to modify coreimprovements.xml in the main game directory. If in the mod directory under my documents seems to add, not overwrite.

March 30, 2013 4:19:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting kaosbain,
If in the mod directory under my documents seems to add, not overwrite.

That is correct. Unfortunately there are things that will replace and others that will only add. I believe heavenfall has a mod insanity thing somewhere giving more details as to what gets overwritten and what doesn't

May 22, 2013 11:43:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've been looking into modding, mostly cause I hate manually building roads and I can't find some auto-router, something similar to the civilization route-to mode for instance.  (it also bugs me that the roads do not connect automatically to a city)  we'll see how it gets on in tandem with my rl, but hey I'll try and make that work out.

May 23, 2013 8:25:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Foxd1e,

Would they be Henchwomen!? And wear capes?   +1 for Henchwomen!

henchmadams.  with interesting weapons.  capes are so, so, ... jK

Seriously: I would like to see a mod where if you defeat a hero/ine in battle, you get to keep some of the items (or have the game engine 'drop' a few).  Seems fishy that a hero gets killed in battle, s/he 'goes home to recover, and you get no loot.

May 23, 2013 8:30:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting force2reckon,

I've been looking into modding, mostly cause I hate manually building roads and I can't find some auto-router, something similar to the civilization route-to mode for instance.  (it also bugs me that the roads do not connect automatically to a city)  we'll see how it gets on in tandem with my rl, but hey I'll try and make that work out.

I'm not crazy about manually building roads, but the crazy connections the AI makes for the roads is sometimes quite silly.  SO is necessary.

May 24, 2013 7:03:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I cannot remember if you defeat a faction whether you get all the items currently on held by their sovereign and champions, but you should!

May 24, 2013 7:48:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I love all your ideas and was hoping you could let me know when you've competed your mod. Thanks in advance|

May 24, 2013 8:32:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What does this mean?

May 24, 2013 10:02:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As for 5 top moddable

1. snakes to forest and stuff

2. essence +1 building

will update if/when i complete the scenario

May 24, 2013 10:29:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

as for snaking : put improvment towards forest/river wait for finish then keep pushing improvments the same way . works in the scenario and is just wonderful.

May 24, 2013 10:32:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

parrot ill buy this for you. snaking mod sounds awesome. 

May 24, 2013 2:33:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

3. defender trait gets +xx initiative and +1 move first round.

May 24, 2013 3:02:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting hyboric,

parrot ill buy this for you. snaking mod sounds awesome. 

I've got LH, and right now my snaking mod from FE will work in LH. Just move those files into your mods folder (have modes enabled) and have fun snaking. I'm currently porting over my HenchmanFemale mod, going through the 500+ item changes to add a tag is taking some time, but I expect that will be done in short order. The bridge mod, I'll check it out and put it to LH soon, as well as many of my other mods. I'm going to tweak some things with the Armored militia, but that will be ported as well.

May 24, 2013 3:38:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ok. didnt mean nothing just a friendly help if you needed. sounds awesome but yeah no mods for me i kind off create superheroes that way and then the game is too easy.

May 24, 2013 4:50:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Snaking mod, best mod.

Another mod that is awesome is the one that adds the top half of the circles to the spots where essences can go on the city info thing so you don't miss open essence slots.

Another is the one that lengthens the info panel in the bottom left so you can see more stuff there.

Frankly, I am amazed they did not include LH with those two yet...

May 24, 2013 4:53:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting hyboric,

ok. didnt mean nothing just a friendly help if you needed. sounds awesome but yeah no mods for me i kind off create superheroes that way and then the game is too easy.

No offense taken. But if you want to just have snaking in the game and no mods active the files do nothing but change those particular buidings and where they can be built. I've not added any bonuses of any kind and the AI will be able to use the snaking (although to a lesser extent), and so you are not getting a large advantage with it.

If you don't want to run mods, drop the files into the items folder in your documents directory for LH. Then you will enjoy the snaking mod without running mods in the game.

May 24, 2013 6:21:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tattyhat,

What does this mean?

I think the author meant that the snaking mod makes it easier to get access to the pier and logging camp buildings, for that settlement, because it allows you to snake your city in the direction of the river/forest therby 'unlocking' that building for the settlement.  Sometimes a settlement is close to woods/riv er, but not close enough to get the buildings. Snaking lets the settlement grow ' towards' the river/woods.

May 24, 2013 6:42:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

hi again revised list

1 snakes (its in the scenario goddammmit)

2 essence build +1

3. ini and move for defenders

4. oh i had one

May 24, 2013 6:48:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

cc/I think the author meant that the snaking mod makes it easier to get access to the pier and logging camp buildings, for that settlement, because it allows you to snake your city in the direction of the river/forest therby 'unlocking' that building for the settlement.  Sometimes a settlement is close to woods/riv er, but not close enough to get the buildings. Snaking lets the settlement grow ' towards' the river/woods./cc

no but nice explenation of the fact.

May 24, 2013 6:53:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

stupid. or im stupid anyhow sorry for all the doubleposting. havent got the hang of thigs here yet

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: