Features

New Warrior trait tree

Removed Axeman 3
Removed Bruiser 3
Removed Lethal 4
Removed Lethal 5
Removed Swordsman 3
Pack Tactics can now be learned as a warrior ability
Added the Parry warrior skill (grants an additional counterattack with any weapon)
Added the Reckless warrior skill (increases attack, lowers defense)
Added the Blade Rush warrior ability (charge through a line of up to 3 enemies, damaging them all)
Added the Decimate warrior ability (attack that does additional damage for every member of the enemy group)
Uncontrolled Rage can now be learned as a warrior ability
Added the Expert Spearman warrior ability (+25% Attack when Impaling)
Added the Master Spearman warrior ability (+50% Attack when Impaling)

MaxTotalTileYield can now be set in ElementalDefs.xml (for modders)

New system for weapon upgrades where we can define types (so axemen always upgrade with axes, swordsmen with blades, etc). http://screencast.com/t/hFi0HwYz

Axes are now 2 handed (to remain consistent and support axe upgrades at all tiers)
Short Sword moved to Blacksmithing
Pike moved to War Colleges
Removed the Greatswords
Added the Great Axe (so there is a late game axe, all the trained blades are now 1 handed and upgrade to the longsword and Boreal Blade)
All Mauls are now 1 handed and have their damage reduced (the Gilden Sledge damage is reduced only slightly 

Added the Pendulum Axe (late game axe that does bonus cleave damage)

Fixes

Fixed a hang when you open up the army screen on units that aren't yours

Fixed an issue displaying the unit path if you have a subunit selected

Fixed an issue that could cause champions not to get placed if there isnt an empty tile around your sovereign

40% less Ogre Crotch (we are getting close to 0 Ogre Crotch)

Fixed an issue keeping Raza the Wild from animating when he was using a magic staff

Fixed an issue where Apiary's weren't giving their unrest bonus

Fixed an issue where Ancient temples weren't giving their research bonus

Fixed a bug that could cause units to point the wrong way at the start of a tactical battle

Fixed the Curse spell

Fixed an issue making Trainer 4 upgrade from Trainer 2

Fixed the Heart of the Glacier's Blizzard ability

Fixed a hang in tactical combat with high move units on small maps

Fixed crashes

Balance

Removed the cast time from the Demonic Ally spell

Maul reduces accuracy by 15% per attack, instead of by 15 points

All tactical summons that effect surrounding enemies can now be cast anywhere (instead of just beside enemies)

Holhiarn Pike does bonus Impale damage instead of giving an accuracy bonus

Decreased starting point min distance from 12 to 10

Decreased min distance between improvements from 4 to 2

Now when you get a shield from a goodie hut it won't allow you to equip it form the item popup if you have a 2 handed weapon equipped (since it would leave you without a weapon)

Switched the Braided Belt from Blacksmithing to Armor

Attacks on prone units always hit

Prone units show their counterattack hit chance as 0%

Yithril's Great Axes faction ability (renamed to Axe Mastery) gives them dual wield versions of all the axes.  They cost more to produce and buy but they have higher attack and init.

AI

Overhaul of AI for use with Legendary Heroes

AI more flexible with its tax rate

AI does a better job of choosing its technologies based on world conditions

AI's focus on defending cities varies based on which player it is playing as

Fixed stupid bug that negated all the intelligence behind city upgrading (the order of the items in the vector is was choosing from got randomized by the function that gathered them resulting in random choices). This alone makes a huge improvement.

AI much better about choosing units to train (you should see a lot more mounted units)

AI now bases its economic / miltiary trade offs more based on what player it is playing as

AI bases whether to train pioneers versus letting a city upgrade to the next level on what player it is playing as

AI places more value on the perks a unit design has when deciding what unit to train

AI much better at differentiating the stats of a unit when picking what design to use based on what type a unit it is (i.e. archers / vs. melee, etc.)

AI unit design algorithm updated based on the tactical battle setups in LH

AI unit design algorithm now takes into consideration the personality of its sovereign

AI uses strategic spells more often (still not often enough, working on this)

Fixed AI bug where an AI player could bribe another AI player to declare war on a third player without taking non-aggression pacts into account

Fixed AI bug that made it hard for AI players to ever go to peace with one another

AI monsters more intelligent in tactical battles (no more webbing ranged units)

UI

Consolidated places where armor pieces are shown in the UI to just show one piece that represents the whole set (you can still design with specific pieces in the unit design window)

Switched the order of the appearance tabs in the create sovereign window to the order most players go through

New water, reflective, partially transparent, instant water! (just add water)

The city HUD now shows how many turns are left in constructing/training

The tile info window now shows the owner of owned terrain

Locked Post 109 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 28, 2013 11:50:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can't wait to make another Warrior when this gets released

March 28, 2013 12:04:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,
Added the Decimate warrior ability (attack that does additional damage for every member of the enemy group)

It would be better if hammers, mauls, ... have the overpower ability with lower damage and the bruiser ability should increase this damage, because this would make the low initiative weapons more useful. The spearman ability should increase the damage of the impale ability of spears, pikes, ... and the decimate ability should be an assassin ability that increases the damage of the power shot ability.

March 28, 2013 12:11:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How about adding a small amount of bonus defense to each trait on the "+ Defense when Defending" line on the Defender tree?  After all, if you are outnumbered, it can still be countered.  Right now that line is only useful if you've got a sword - if you have to attack to do damage, + Defense while Defending doesn't help much (read: at all ).

March 28, 2013 12:15:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Another question:

why did the spear and bow lines disappear for advanced weaponry.

March 28, 2013 12:33:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like the changes to warrior hopefully we will see more classes improved in this way! As i mentioned in other threads to improve the experience with heroes the xp curve in the game needs to be adjusted so we can even see some of the end game skills. And secondly quest rewards could be greatly improved, the civilization part of the game feels excellent it's the hero portion of the game that needs love.

March 28, 2013 12:46:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

warrior changes sound great! that's exactly the right direction - less stat increasing boring perks and much more "click->boom" action stuff. once the other 4 paths get similar streamlining, i'm sure the expansion will be much closer to the "Legendary Heroes" theme

really excited now

March 28, 2013 12:53:01 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Interesting changes. Now we just need additional piercing damage skills in the warrior tree and warriors can use Bows and Spears.

I would also quite enjoy if all units gained 1 XP/Turn flat rate while with a sovereign/hero. (Even if this means you need to increase XP/Level and XP gains from actions). Maybe cap it at lvl 3/6/10 (with appropriate research in War), and give Forts double this XP gain.

I guess what I'm really saying, is that I miss Master of Magics Trainer heroes.

March 28, 2013 1:36:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

new warrior skill tree looks great... are you open to modifying the mage traits a bit?

March 28, 2013 2:22:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When this patch will be on Steam?

March 28, 2013 2:33:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Would be cool if My Kraxis Warrior, or Defender, Hero could specialize in a spear path, having spear bonuses like swordsman.  

March 28, 2013 2:43:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,

Would be cool if My Kraxis Warrior, or Defender, Hero could specialize in a spear path, having spear bonuses like swordsman.  

Yeah. The problem with spears is that there really isn't any powerful ones towards the end of the game. Sort of like axes.

March 28, 2013 3:17:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, for being weapons you get with the Defensive trait, it sure is odd how a Defender doesn't get anything to be better with spears.

March 28, 2013 4:33:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is going to make some modders very happy.

March 28, 2013 5:00:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,
new warrior skill tree looks great... are you open to modifying the mage traits a bit?

Yep, removing evoker IV (evoker I - III should be + 25 %), summoner III (summoner I - II should be + 2) and knowledge would make the mage tree much more interesting. It would be even more interesting if the mage would get active skills like meditation (- 100 % mana cost for the next spell) and dispel magic (removes all spells from the target).

March 28, 2013 5:14:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

40% less Ogre Crotch (we are getting close to 0 Ogre Crotch)

I hear ogres everywhere cringe with fear and pain... those developers are ruthless to the poor Ogres.

March 28, 2013 7:41:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You guys truly listen to us and that maters more than I could possibly articulate.

The warrior changes look great! Fantastic work!

March 28, 2013 11:30:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

March 29, 2013 2:12:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Archers need love too!!

March 29, 2013 2:19:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Added the Expert Spearman warrior ability (+25% Attack when Impaling)

Good show, lads.  Good show, indeed.

March 29, 2013 3:04:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting mqpiffle,

Archers need love too!!

Archer stuff is in Path of the Assassin.

March 29, 2013 3:43:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"MaxTotalTileYield can now be set in ElementalDefs.xml (for modders)"

Oh my god, thank you!

Now, just a little...  nitpicking.

Governor's Mansion has <ArtDef>FarmersMarket

Trainer4 has Trainer2 as prereq instead of Trainer3

March 29, 2013 4:52:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wizard1200,
Yep, removing evoker IV (evoker I - III should be + 25 %), summoner III (summoner I - II should be + 2) and knowledge would make the mage tree much more interesting.

After thinking a little more about it the Aeromancy, Geomancy, Hydromancy and Pyromancy spells should be in the spellbooks and not in the Mage tree, because they are useful for all paths.

Aeromancy (+ 25 % damage with Air spells) > Summon Air Elemental

Geomancy (+ 25 % damage with Earth spells) > Summon Earth Elemental

Hydromancy (+ 25 % damage with Water spells) > Summon Ice Elemental

Pyromancy (+ 25 % damage with Fire spells) > Summon Fire Elemental

Prodigy I (+ 15) > Evoker I (+ 25 %) > Affinity > Savant > Prodigy II (+ 15) > Evoker II (+ 25 %)

Summoner I (+ 2)>Summon Ignys>Summoner II (+ 2)>Summon Craig Spawn>Summon Grave Elemental>Summon Delin 

Quoting mqpiffle,
Archers need love too!!

Yep, the damage of the Power Shot ability should be increased with the Expert Marksman ability (+ 25 %) and the Master Marksman ability (+ 50 %). Vital Strike IV should be removed (Vital Strike I - III should be + 5 % Critical Chance and + 25 % Critical Damage). 

March 29, 2013 7:38:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Azunai_,

warrior changes sound great! that's exactly the right direction - less stat increasing boring perks and much more "click->boom" action stuff. once the other 4 paths get similar streamlining, i'm sure the expansion will be much closer to the "Legendary Heroes" theme

really excited now

That made me chuckle, maybe Saliva was onto something with their song Click Click Boom?

Quoting tnse,

Interesting changes. Now we just need additional piercing damage skills in the warrior tree and warriors can use Bows and Spears.

I would also quite enjoy if all units gained 1 XP/Turn flat rate while with a sovereign/hero. (Even if this means you need to increase XP/Level and XP gains from actions). Maybe cap it at lvl 3/6/10 (with appropriate research in War), and give Forts double this XP gain.

I guess what I'm really saying, is that I miss Master of Magics Trainer heroes. 

I agree with one thing, there should be a Trainer skill or path a la M&B. I don't like the idea of free xp for sitting around, but if a unit who was a specialized trainer was teaching them during downtime. Now that I can run with

March 29, 2013 9:56:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Pack Tactics and Urxen Blood are still bugged. 

Please change the description to +200% swarm bonus, or change the Value to 1 for a +100% bonus.

March 29, 2013 10:04:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wizard1200,

Quoting Wizard1200, reply 14Yep, removing evoker IV (evoker I - III should be + 25 %), summoner III (summoner I - II should be + 2) and knowledge would make the mage tree much more interesting.

After thinking a little more about it the Aeromancy, Geomancy, Hydromancy and Pyromancy spells should be in the spellbooks and not in the Mage tree, because they are useful for all paths.

Aeromancy (+ 25 % damage with Air spells) > Summon Air Elemental

Geomancy (+ 25 % damage with Earth spells) > Summon Earth Elemental

Hydromancy (+ 25 % damage with Water spells) > Summon Ice Elemental

Pyromancy (+ 25 % damage with Fire spells) > Summon Fire Elemental

Prodigy I (+ 15) > Evoker I (+ 25 %) > Affinity > Savant > Prodigy II (+ 15) > Evoker II (+ 25 %)

Summoner I (+ 2)>Summon Ignys>Summoner II (+ 2)>Summon Craig Spawn>Summon Grave Elemental>Summon Delin 

Quoting mqpiffle, reply 18Archers need love too!!

Yep, the damage of the Power Shot ability should be increased with the Expert Marksman ability (+ 25 %) and the Master Marksman ability (+ 50 %). Vital Strike IV should be removed (Vital Strike I - III should be + 5 % Critical Chance and + 25 % Critical Damage). 

I agree the mancy spells should be in the spellbooks and removed from the mage line.

Summoning tree should give unique summons, like summon shrills, summon assassin demon, etc.

The Mancys should branch off of Evoker line, and give +1 shard power for those spells

Abjuration and other unique spells like confusion, mana shell, mana blast should branch off the prodigy line

Affinity should be a line of its own

Knowledge should be removed.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001062   Page Render Time: