The Path of the Mage

By on March 22, 2013 2:41:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wizard1200

Join Date 02/2008
+5

I think that the Path of the Mage should look like this to make it more interesting:

Compassion > Summon Wisp > Summon Lightbringer

Aeromancy > Summon Air Elemental > Thunder Rites*          Geomancy > Summon Earth Elemental > Stone Rites*

Hydromancy > Summon Ice Elemental > Frost Rites*           Pyromancy > Summon Fire Elemental > Volcanic Rites*

Summon I**> Summon Ignys > Summon II**> Summon Craig Spawn > Improved Summoning*** > Summon Grave Elemental > Summon Mastery

Prodigy I**** > Evoker I***** > Knowledge****** > Savant > Affinity > Prodigy II**** > Evoker II*****

* + 25 % damage with (element) spells, Tireless March (Air), Cloak of Thorns (Earth), Protection from Cold (Water), Protection from Fire (Fire)

** + 2 level / + 2 level

*** The hero can control two summoned creatures

**** + 15 Spell Mastery / + 15 Spell Mastery

***** + 25 % damage / + 25 % damage

****** + 1 mana per turn

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 23, 2013 3:56:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

To make spells that inflict damage useful for Non-Warlocks the BASE DAMAGE of the spells should be increased by 25 % and the bonus of the Warlock profession should be reduced to 25 %.

March 23, 2013 7:25:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How about multiple summons or special summoning path?

i know about familiar and summoning, but....

March 23, 2013 10:14:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like it

March 23, 2013 10:55:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

One thing I was wondering is if the Kingdom and Empire summoning/spell powers were balanced.

An empire summoner gets raise skeleton army and Horrific Wail pretty fast, and a Kingdom summoner gets a wisp.

March 23, 2013 11:21:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

wisp has healing, Kingdom factions are focused on support, whereas the empire factions are about raw killing power. Truth be told magic damage is over the top at the moment.

March 23, 2013 5:20:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting athelasloraiel,
How about multiple summons or special summoning path?

Multiple summons are a great idea and more interesting than increasing only the level of the summons.

Quoting Nichtganz,
Truth be told magic damage is over the top at the moment.

Yep, that is the reason why the Warlock profession should be less powerful and why it is more difficult to reach high bonus damage in the suggested Path of the Mage.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000093   Page Render Time: