Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 0.51 changelog

By on March 21, 2013 2:02:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+173

*** Released 3/26/2013 ***

Features

When you create a map with the map editor you can now play it immediately (you don't have to exit the game and reload first)

Changed U and C hotkeys to cycle through all units and cities respectively, regardless of if they are idle

When a city is selected, the 'R' hotkey now rushes production

Changed Tab hotkey to cycle through all idle units AND cities

Fixes

Fixed an issue where point light effects from hits can remains in tactical combat

Fixed an issue where a shadow can appear when starting a tutorial game

Updated the treaties to the latest version in Fallen Enchantress

Fixed an issue where a right click can be processed twice and cause delays in animations (most frequently seen with telling archers to attack)

Fixed an issue where the "New Content" button can show up on the main menu even if new content isn't available

Fixed an Issue that allowed player to skip from Summon 2 to the Summon Ignys in the trait tree

Fixed an issue that caused a String not Fount error in the capture Deorcnysse message

50% less Ogre crotch

Fixed an issue keeping players from casting Tireless March on a new unit after it has been dispelled

Fixed an issue that could cause multiple Guardian Statues and Assassin Demons to show up to defend a city

Fixed an issue keeping Iron Golems from being trainable

Fixed an issue where players can get win achievements when they lose

Fixed map editor problems where former map assets would stick around if you made a new map

Fixed an issue where monsters could be spawned with negative level (and cause all sorts of weirdness)

Fixed an issue where Inner Fire raised the wrong creature

Fixed bug where the AI didn't mark its last interaction with the local player in the case of some interactions, like asking for peace or war against a common enemy, which could have caused these messages to show up more often than intended

Fixed bug where if you started a game with some sovereigns leading the same faction, such that a temporary one had to be set up for them to lead instead, if you used Ctrl+N to get a new map, these edited factions would all turn into Altar

The camera no longer centers on an object that you personally click on unless it is nearly off the screen

The camera now always moves to a selected unit if you click on it in the empire tree, regardless of if it is already selected

Fixed bug where selecting a city through the empire tree or the cycling hotkeys didn't select it correctly, causing you to be unable to select it when you clicked off it, and leaving the last selected unit selected still

Fixed the Dagger of the Leech

Fixed an issue where some units couldn't equip the Glyph Helmet

Fixed an issue allowing players to select Bruiser without getting Brute first in the warrior trait tree

Added the missing Archers faction trait back (we found it in Tijuana, drunk with a handful of singles stuck in it's belt)

Fixed an issue where path costs werent taking free movement through cities into account

Armies cant fly anymore, unless every member can fly

Balance

Added a cooldown to the Wisp Healing Light ability

Mounts add additional training time to units trained with them

Reduced Wolves init slightly

Reduced Bragni's weapon to a Boar Spear

Add lots of new AI units

Reduced random event frequency

Reduced Flame Dart damage down to match the description

Lightbringer's blinding light ability when summoned is now resistable

Switched the Treasury vault to correctly give bonus gildar when Producing Wealth

Removed Dodge 3

Moved Rain of Arrows under Precision 3 instead of Charge

UI/Art

New Cave Bear model and medallion

New medallion for Huhrus the Ogre

New Gilden Plate Mail

When viewing a units trait tree it doesnt say "Choose Perk" anymore

Locked Post 72 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 21, 2013 2:06:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

lol

That was quick!

March 21, 2013 2:10:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, we have been in lockdown so we had fixes that we are working on that didn't make it in time for release.

March 21, 2013 2:18:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ahh. Grats on the release either way Derek! Another minute or two and I'll be playing 

March 21, 2013 4:51:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Game download is live on steam. Check the store to get your activation key and then Select the Games tab on Steam and Activate Product menu item.

March 21, 2013 5:20:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Really enjoying the game so far!

Only thing that annoys me as of now is that when I alt-tab out of the game or re-load a game while my game is still running (like after a failed battle) the settlement/army overview on the left of the screen is gone. The only way to recover this menu seems to be to restart the game.

March 22, 2013 10:58:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

50% less Ogre crotch

March 22, 2013 11:20:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Are we going back to the once-a-week patches on Thursdays?

I'm seriously loving LH guys. Thanks a lot for another time-suck!

March 22, 2013 12:31:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DevildogFF,

Are we going back to the once-a-week patches on Thursdays?

I'm seriously loving LH guys. Thanks a lot for another time-suck!

The schedule adjusts depending on the issues.  If we have an emergency you may see one the next day.  If its normal stuff it will probably be once a week (our next patch is scheduled for next week).  If we checking something with a lot of impacts we may hold the patch for longer to give QA more time.  So it's case by case.

March 22, 2013 12:34:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Question/possible bug: what's up with the rain sounds?

Are we supposed to be seeing rain during the rain/thunder sounds?

Because that would be awesome. 

Also, can you add an option to stop next turns with idle cities? Like, not a popup, but literally stop next turn? I'm really bad at that. 

March 22, 2013 12:51:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DevildogFF,

Question/possible bug: what's up with the rain sounds?

Are we supposed to be seeing rain during the rain/thunder sounds?

Because that would be awesome. 

Also, can you add an option to stop next turns with idle cities? Like, not a popup, but literally stop next turn? I'm really bad at that. 

They added the yellow turn button for that. It works well for me. If it's yellow there's stille something I need to do. If it's green I can press it without thinking further.

March 22, 2013 1:17:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have to say, after being able to play the game for a couple hours...I am immensely impressed.  I have yet to see any change that hasn't been a big improvement so far.  Even the UI is fantastically better.  Really impressed.

March 22, 2013 2:00:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I patiently wait for the changlog fix: Steam free.

Quoting ,
*** Unreleased ***

50% less Ogre crotch

LOLZ

March 22, 2013 4:24:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Any plans to adjust some of the nation abilities or to add to some of the Sov professions?  Off the top pf my head, I am thinking that the nation ability, Betrayers, may no longer be worth 2 points for faction creation.  Before, this allowed you the possibility to obtain many more champions than your opponents, but now that's not the case.  Also, the Sovereign profession of Bandit Lord probably needs to be beefed up, the two single bandits don't seem overly useful...unless there is something new with them I have not seen yet and new more powerful bandits have been added to recruit?

March 22, 2013 5:30:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Also, the Kraxis' trait of being able to hire both types of heroes is no longer valid/true. 

March 22, 2013 8:00:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Pioneers cost gold instead of population

Wait, why? Why are we going away from the population requirement? I thought this was done to combat pioneer spamming?

I don't get it....

March 22, 2013 8:16:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree these traits seem similar to FE and some are less than useful.  I am all for making the factions different from each other.

Otherwise fantastic game, I really feel like it's an integrated experience now and not two games stuck together.  

March 22, 2013 9:58:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DevildogFF,

Wait, why? Why are we going away from the population requirement? I thought this was done to combat pioneer spamming?

I don't get it....

They've been flip-flopping alot on this one.

Problem is that pioneers costing population for cities is just right....but pioneers costing population for outposts makes the cost too harsh.

Imo, what they really need is to eliminate pioneers from being able to make outposts, and instead attach that consumable ability to the Scout unit.

This way, scouts are actually worth building. Also, gives separate control over the two building types, allowing for outposts to cost gold to build and cities to cost population.

March 22, 2013 10:48:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting DevildogFF, reply 15

I don't get it....

Problem is that pioneers costing population for cities is just right....but pioneers costing population for outposts makes the cost too harsh.

Imo, what they really need is to eliminate pioneers from being able to make outposts, and instead attach that consumable ability to the Scout unit.

This way, scouts are actually worth building. Also, gives separate control over the two building types, allowing for outposts to cost gold to build and cities to cost population.

This is better option, in my opinion. Them costing population has been good for city spamming and I think using another unit to create outposts is a much better idea. 

Please. Don't do away with the population requirement. 

March 22, 2013 11:06:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ahh need the Pioneer fix straight away. The ridiculous 30pop cost is killing growth and punishing you even more for expanding. There is already unrest mechanic that punishes for building too many cities. 30 pop cost on pioneers just discourages expansion at all so you cannot build outposts to expand your territory. Wish we could have 0.51 for the weekend

Perhaps you should have a beta in your beta so we can opt to test the 'unstable' beta Stardrive does this and its pretty cool !

March 23, 2013 12:05:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Fallout386,
The ridiculous 30pop cost is killing growth

Actually, it increases your city's growth.

March 23, 2013 3:43:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excellent suggestion Firefly, I support it.

Derek if you're about please consider making scouts able to create Outposts for gold and Pioneers cities for population!  

The benifits is twofold, underused scouts will be more used!  A very elegant solution

March 23, 2013 3:52:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting DevildogFF, reply 15

I don't get it....

In another thread Derek siad that the 30 pop  really hurts the AI , which shows in my current game actually. Your idea to let explorers build outposts should solve that problem too I guess AND gives them a useful role too. It does ask for some extra AI coding but should be doable imho.

March 23, 2013 4:26:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

Oh no, tell me this isnt true! Or it is just temporary change, until Brad can adjust AI to it...

Having to decide, whether I will let my city grow or attempt to expande is exactly the great strategic choice I enjoy, as did Brad in hist pre-beta video! PLEASE keep it! Or at least make it so that SETTLE button costs 30 pop... Gold cost is just no-brainer...

Removing pop cost for pioneers is definitely big step back for me...until you have something even better in the bag for next patches.

March 23, 2013 5:36:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

1 vote for firefly, with gold you can earn it everytime from a lot of resources,

but pop cost time and growth of the city... plus it gonna stop pioneer spamming which ruin this awsome game

Scout can build outpost would be AWSOME , worth their real role as SCOUT rather than running around.

March 23, 2013 9:06:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Pioneer spamming isn't a problem.  It's city spamming.   So what if you can crank out endless pioneers if you can't do anything positive with all of them.  Sure you can grab all the fertile spots on the map, but then your cities are filled with unrest and you have to stretch your defenses thin.  You can spam outposts on the map, but hopefully a player that does that will be a target for the AI and mobs, since outposts have no defenses and push your borders.  If outpost spam becomes an issue, maybe give them a small upkeep cost, but everything is probably better overall for both the player and the AI the way they just changed it.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: