Legendary Heroes Beta Now Available

The fantasy strategy game - Fallen Enchantress - has expanded!

By on March 21, 2013 12:49:32 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+612

FE Legendary Heroes_IconThe new expansion, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is now available for beta access.

Get access to the beta TODAY and the final version upon release.

Legendary Heroes is more than a traditional expansion pack and more of a top to bottom improvement to the core game play. The graphics are substantially better, the game design tighter, the game play swifter and the world richer with more monsters, spells, quests and more.

What's new in this expansion?

• NEW Champion System - build fame to attract legendary heroes to your cause
  • NEW Monsters - The dead have risen across Elemental! Beware!
  • Larger Maps - A new map size "Huge" available for even more epic game play
  • NEW Graphics Engine - vastly improves the graphics even as it improves performance
  • Better tactical battles - more intense, more strategic and more menacing

Much Much More, visit http://forums.elementalgame.com/441387

How to get access to the beta:
For players adventurous enough (or crazy enough) to try it before the game’s even done, we now have a public beta available. http://tinyurl.com/d5tmdlk

Fallen Enchantress owners:
Upgrade to it for $19.99. Don’t have Fallen Enchantress? No problem, you can purchase it stand-alone for $39.99. http://tinyurl.com/d8694sn

War of Magic owners special option:
Players who bought War of Magic before November of 2010 get Legendary Heroes as part of their original purchase! You don’t have to sign up. It’ll automatically be added to your Stardock account and a Steam serial number will be sent to you to get it when it’s available! http://tinyurl.com/cocte9n

Steamworks supported:
Legendary Heroes makes use of SteamworksTM for achievements and sets the stage for future workshop integration. Everyone who buys Legendary Heroes gets a Steam™ key even if you purchase it directly.

FE Legendary Heroes Beta 1_SS LH-3 LH-5
LH-9 LH-12 LH-13
105 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 21, 2013 2:16:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Downloading now. Can't wait to try it!

March 21, 2013 2:16:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yay first

ah cmon 2 sec

March 21, 2013 2:18:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Playing now. Feels good!

March 21, 2013 2:33:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So, how is this going to work with people such as myself who have the steam version of FE? As I want to stick with my steam account and take advantage of the cheaper upgrade option, how do I go about pre-ordering and getting beta access?

March 21, 2013 2:42:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Fandangdo,

So, how is this going to work with people such as myself who have the steam version of FE? As I want to stick with my steam account and take advantage of the cheaper upgrade option, how do I go about pre-ordering and getting beta access?

When LH goes live in the Steam store (which will happen shortly) you will receive a coupon to get LH for $20 if you already own the steam version of FE.

March 21, 2013 2:45:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

wait, is steam SUPPORTED or REQUIRED? i.e. am I forced to install it to play LH?

March 21, 2013 2:45:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Fandangdo,

I'm in the same situation - so here's what i just did a few minutes ago:

1. follow the link to the stardock store (  http://tinyurl.com/d5tmdlk )

2. click the "get it now" button

3. sign in

4. purchase (need a credit card or a pay pal account - i didn't have either, so i just set up a pay pal account - only took about 3 minutes or something)

5. copy the serial number 

6. open the steam client

7. click the "+ add game" button and select the "activate a key" option

8. paste the key you copied

9. start downloading

March 21, 2013 2:47:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yay!!!!

March 21, 2013 2:47:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

When LH goes live in the Steam store (which will happen shortly) you will receive a coupon to get LH for $20 if you already own the steam version of FE.

Cool, thanks.

March 21, 2013 2:55:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting crimsongekko,
wait, is steam SUPPORTED or REQUIRED? i.e. am I forced to install it to play LH?

LH uses Steamworks, Steam will be required.

March 21, 2013 2:59:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

D/Ling LH now from Steam.

As a pre-orderer for WoM who is getting LH for 'free', my thanks for this!  It's nice to see a company stand behind its products.  Your actions here are not going unnoticed and are appreciated.

March 21, 2013 3:00:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

too bad, sounds like you guys don't need my 20 bucks then

thanx for the quick reply Island Dog

too bad, this looked like a quality addon... oh well.

go Kael!

March 21, 2013 3:29:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Azunai_,

Quoting Fandangdo, reply 4

I'm in the same situation - so here's what i just did a few minutes ago:

1. follow the link to the stardock store (  http://tinyurl.com/d5tmdlk )

2. click the "get it now" button

3. sign in

4. purchase (need a credit card or a pay pal account - i didn't have either, so i just set up a pay pal account - only took about 3 minutes or something)

5. copy the serial number 

6. open the steam client

7. click the "+ add game" button and select the "activate a key" option

8. paste the key you copied

9. start downloading

Interesting. I will wait until it hits steam officially as I don't want to encounter issues over different versions and accounts.

March 21, 2013 3:34:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Island Dog,

Quoting crimsongekko, reply 6wait, is steam SUPPORTED or REQUIRED? i.e. am I forced to install it to play LH?

I am a sad panda. Steam is not an option for me where I spend 95% of my available play time.

March 21, 2013 3:54:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Island Dog,

Is Steam only necessary for installing and patching LH, or will I have to run Steam to be able to play LH, too?

March 21, 2013 4:01:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Downloading now. Can´t believe i get it for free. You are crazy, SD. Many thx.

March 21, 2013 4:04:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Gaunathor,
Is Steam only necessary for installing and patching LH, or will I have to run Steam to be able to play LH, too?

It works the same as any other game on Steam using Steamworks. As long as you login online once off-line mode will work when your outside of internet range barring any Steam hiccups.

Thanks Stardock, game looks great!!

March 21, 2013 4:12:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hadberz,
It works the same as any other game on Steam using Steamworks. As long as you login online once off-line mode will work when your outside of internet range barring any Steam hiccups.

So I will have to use the Steam-client to be able to play? Damn. Well, thanks for the answer. It seems I won't be playing LH after all. I tried Steam before, but I had so many problems with the client, that I'm not willing to put up with it anymore.

March 21, 2013 4:14:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have played LH for a few minutes and so far so good:'

1. Game is stable - no crashes.

2. New hero recruiting system works as described - some interesting choices have to be made.

3. A lot of small things are better - for example it is easier to tell how much experience each hero or unit is getting after a battle.

4. New x large map is great.

Thanks Stardock for all  your hard work.    This beta's initial impression is very good.

March 21, 2013 4:17:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Maybe I'm missing something but how do you get the $20 price?

I bought Fallen Enchantress from Stardock (for some reason its listed twice in my game list) but I can only get the $40 price from the store no matter which link I use.

Is there supposed to be a code or something?

*edit* Something is screwy but I figured it out. The links for LH put in into my cart at $39.99. But clicking the link to buy FE for $29.99 added LH to my cart at $19.99. (as it should be; because I bought my copy of FE from Stardock)

Maybe I'm just thick; but it would be nice if that was pointed out anywhere on the page. Its not exactly an expected way for the store to operate.

March 21, 2013 4:18:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looking forward to downloading. Absolutely no issues with using steam. Not sure why some individuals harbour such great resentment.

March 21, 2013 4:21:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Glumrug,
Maybe I'm missing something but how do you get the $20 price?

Derek has already answered this here.

March 21, 2013 4:23:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Gaunathor,

Quoting Glumrug, reply 20Maybe I'm missing something but how do you get the $20 price?

Derek has already answered this here.

So if we originally bought it from Stardock we can only get the discount if we buy this version from Steam? That doesn't make sense at all.

That is crappy customer service. I bought Fallen Enchantress from the Stardock store, I should be able to get Legendary Heros from the Stardock store without paying twice as much for it.

March 21, 2013 4:26:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Stardock:  Make sure you get it listed on Steam under the new "Early Access" section.  There's not much there right now, so it would get a lot of visibility.

March 21, 2013 4:33:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I do not understand the dislike of Steam either. It works fine for me under Windows 7 with no significant issues or performance degradation as some claim to experience. Is this perception from previous personal experiences with Steam from long ago when Steam was still a maturing platform or are they recent (and rational) experiences? Personally, Steam is the only site I go to buy games (except for Slitherine; "Panzer Corps") these days and I have been buying computer games since they were sold in ziplock bags or on cassette tape.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002172   Page Render Time: