So, Um, No LH Beta This Week?

By on March 14, 2013 12:29:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

DevildogFF

Join Date 03/2010
+7

WE WANT THE LH BETA. Or at least same news/updates. I was hoping to take a break from Stardrive (I'm obsessed) with some Legendary Heroes time. 

Please?

Locked Post 31 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 14, 2013 12:54:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The other thread got nuked? strange.

March 14, 2013 1:04:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

May be because of the French guy explaining how to play the beta early, dunno.

March 14, 2013 1:48:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good god, they're unusually quiet about this...

March 14, 2013 1:58:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wait, if the thread got nuked does that mean his suggestion would have worked?

Dammit, now I kinda wish I hadn't ignored it for 'obvious trolling'.

EDIT: that, and I wish I remembered what his suggestion was

March 14, 2013 3:05:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting MGoods,

Wait, if the thread got nuked does that mean his suggestion would have worked?

Dammit, now I kinda wish I hadn't ignored it for 'obvious trolling'.

No, let's pretend it's a sign that the beta will come out tomorrow and that we shouldn't worry.

March 14, 2013 3:55:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't think we'll see the beta this week as the Steam keys have not yet been sent.    Since the LH beta will be Steam only nothing will happen until the keys go out.   This is one case where I hope I am wrong!

An update (1.4?) for FE might happen though.

March 14, 2013 3:59:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting MGoods,

He talked about having pre-purchased LH to get access to the beta.
Nothing on steam or SD store yesterday, I checked.

Yea I would love to hear something about LH, at least a reason for the delays would  be nice... But I might be one of few not to overreact on delays

Hope to see something good, since right now the teasers haven't been too exciting IMO, I might just be grumpy, or expect the perfect when I know it wont happen...

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

March 14, 2013 6:21:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

WE WANT THE LH BETA. Or at least same news/updates. I was hoping to take a break from Stardrive (I'm obsessed) with some Legendary Heroes time. 

Please?

Noooo!  More StarDrive "How-To" videos please.

March 14, 2013 6:55:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Maybe they decided to let us who bought the CE ($80) before Dec 2010 will get first crack at it. Seems only fair we did pay the most money for that thing they called a game Elemental:War of corruption. lol

March 14, 2013 7:15:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting willie sanderson,

Maybe they decided to let us who bought the CE ($80) before Dec 2010 will get first crack at it. Seems only fair we did pay the most money for that thing they called a game Elemental:War of corruption. lol

I bought the collectors edition. I am still waiting for my Steam key. I would love to play it this weekend if possible.

March 14, 2013 8:36:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I got into the Eador Masters of a Broken World Beta 2 last night.

I'll be playing that this weekend.  I'd love FH as well so I can compare and contrast!

March 14, 2013 10:28:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dont rush for a beta build let them fix the stuff thay know about first that way we can find the stuff thay miss.

March 15, 2013 3:13:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frosty you do speak sense.

However delayed gratification does not sit well with my generation or those to come.  

March 15, 2013 5:12:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's done, when it's done.

March 15, 2013 5:16:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

StarDrive is actually the only known medicine against the FE Beta withdrawal syndrome. StarDrive is just fantastic. I cannot believe it comes from a guy who got $17 000 on Kickstarter in 2011. Must be one REALLY good programmer there. He has take great things from MOO II and added to it. I have bought and forgot so many space 4x games the last decade, but this really is the new MOO game for me.

March 15, 2013 5:49:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think it's good, still needs a fair bit of work and balancing, but the engine is there and the basic framework for legendary status.

IMHO once it's fleshed out with more random events and other things to make the universe alive, better diplomacy and AI like GalCiv 2 (which is the benchmark in these two things by a long shot), random and racial tech trees, improved ground combat & UI and tweaked pacing it will be legendary.  One thing I really like is the ease of modding.

It may take a few expansions to add this content.  

March 15, 2013 10:52:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"StarDrive" looks good but I prefer turn-based 4X games like "Endless Space" (and MoO, naturally). "Endless Space" is also from an Indie developer and is currently on-sale on Steam for $14.99.

I check these forums and Steam everyday for a "Legendary Heroes is now available!" announcement! 

March 15, 2013 11:59:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DeathMutant,
"StarDrive" looks good but I prefer turn-based 4X games like "Endless Space" (and MoO, naturally). "Endless Space" is also from an Indie developer and is currently on-sale on Steam for $14.99.

Heh, I prefer turn-based too.

~ K

March 15, 2013 12:08:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My guess is that it will not happen this week. Stardock has always released betas on Thursdays in the past. Seeing as it is now Friday, I highly doubt we will see the LH beta this weekend. Time to load up some Stardrive and give it a try.

I will wait for LH. I would rather have a quality beta so I will wait for it. Not that I WANT to wait for it mind you.

March 15, 2013 12:54:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"Alright, just one more thing and we can release the beta for Legendary.... Ooh!  Starcraft 2 expansion's out! ... What was I saying?"

March 15, 2013 1:29:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kongdej,

Quoting DeathMutant, reply 17"StarDrive" looks good but I prefer turn-based 4X games like "Endless Space" (and MoO, naturally). "Endless Space" is also from an Indie developer and is currently on-sale on Steam for $14.99.

Heh, I prefer turn-based too.

~ K

I pause so much with StarDrive it is like turn-based, but yeah, I do prefer full turn-based.  I bought Endless Space and have hardly played it.  I just can't get into it the way I did with StarDrive.

March 15, 2013 10:01:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Turn based works better for fantasy games I think, real time is great for the space genre with ships flying around, lasers zapping and fleets etc, it feels a hell of a lot more "Alive".  Not sure if fantasy games can achieve the same thing, let's just say the real time combat is a real strength like SoaSE.  Turn based just doesn't cut it in the combat department. 

Also real time is a lot more challenging and late game doesn't get bogged down like it does in turn based with the length good AI's take to do their moves and also the 'clean-up/steam roll phase'.

Real time with pause is superior in every way.

March 15, 2013 11:43:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Distant Worlds is the best real time space game out there. Check it out thru matrixgames.com

March 15, 2013 11:59:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm very much enjoying StarDrive as well. When complete it will be a fantastic game and because it's modable it will only become better.

March 16, 2013 12:41:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

DW has great economics, leaders etc with both expansions.  Problem i found with DW is the automation makes it more like watching then playing, and you can't not automate or it's micromanagement city and you spend more time in pause than actually seeing things happen

But stardrive is better for everything else, the races in DW are bleh and so are the graphics.

A perfect 4x space game would blend the two nicely, if DW had a graphics update with better space and ground combat, ship design and more flavoured races it would be legendary

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time: