Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC did bio ware redeem themselves?

By on March 8, 2013 12:42:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

axxo2

Join Date 10/2010
+53

it was an interesting run for mass effect series! to be honest i didnt mind the ending - it was sad but it was ok for a trilogy ending not the worst- i wanted more but if its what they decided over all mass effect series was worth the cash... i know allot of people hated the ending so with this DLC did bioware redeem themselves in from of their fans??

i thought this DLC was AWESOME!!! its funny! compelling and really closes the series well! the music in the dlc could not be more epic

here is a link to one of the songs 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7bANMHnPUk

let me know what you guys think about the DLC

and thanks bioware for this dlc
Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 9, 2013 5:27:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Short answer... NO.

Though they did make a valiant effort with the DLC's, and trying to "clarify" the ending. The game still stands with the same crappy ending. An ending that Bioware stands by, and will not change. So despite the ME series being awesome in itself. The ending alone just kills everything.

March 9, 2013 6:43:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

According to EA Mass Effect is not done just the Commander Shepard story. That being said they released a Mass Effect game for iOS which has me happy and sad. I  really hope they continue to make PC games. 

March 9, 2013 8:02:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

In no way, shape or form should a premium DLC ever be considered a patch for a vanilla game.  The moment you find it okay to charge someone money to fix your broken product is the moment you openly acknowledge capitalism is unjust.

I haven't bought ME3, and don't care to discuss on the specifics of its storyline so as not to spoiler myself should I pick the title up someday, but in general it is terrible enough so many software publishers refuse a money back guarantee to customers, its all the worse when they expect customers who already paid full price for a game to fork over money to "fix" the game they published in a broken state.

March 9, 2013 11:04:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ME 3 was NOT broken. There was absolutely nothing technically wrong with the game itself. What was wrong was that ME 1, ME 2, and the play through up to the end of ME 3 was Freaking Awesome! The ending of ME 3 is what killed it, and left you saying "WTF?!! Are you SERIOUS?!!!". It was an artistic choice by Bioware that went horribly wrong, and made no sense at all. It left you with the worst ending of any RPG game. Bioware could have done much better than this. They tried to soften the blow with a free DLC that supposedly "Clarified" the ending. It didn't work IMO. It just prolonged the horrible ending, and made things worse.

The DLC's add a lot to the story, but still do absolutely nothing to help the way the game ends, or make any more sense of it.

This was a game that wasn't broken on release that needed DLC's to fix. It needed a totally different ending to fix it, but Bioware stuck to their guns and left it alone. I give them respect for that. Not many would stick to their guns especially after the negative reaction they got from this.

March 9, 2013 11:18:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How was the original ending different before the "clarifying DLC"?  I didn't play it until after that DLC was out.

March 9, 2013 11:30:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The pre-DLC ending didn't give you any closure at all. At least the DLC sort of showed you what happened with certain characters afterward. You only had the Red Green, and Blue choice before the DLC, and it wasnt explained very well. The DLC gave you a choice of not to chose at all (which was quite funny actually).

Personally i would have love it if they did go with "Indoctrination Theory" as an ending. THAT would have made sense.

March 10, 2013 12:08:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Major Stress,
It needed a totally different ending to fix it, but Bioware stuck to their guns and left it alone. I give them respect for that. Not many would stick to their guns especially after the negative reaction they got from this.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I actually sort of liked the ending...it is, well, artistic as you say...

It's kind of like the ending to Inception in that it really doesn't clarify anything or explain everything...and it's a little frustrating....

But (SPOILER) if you pick the "right" ending it becomes evident why all the endings seem so trollish...it also gave the company room to add DLC or games or whatever that take off from that point (not that they will, but they certainly gave themselves the option)...

It is kind of unfortunate that none of your actions in the game really seem to do a whole lot in influencing the end of the game...but honestly, most RPGs with "lots of decisions" have superficial differences at the end so, whatever...

March 10, 2013 1:40:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You hit the nail right on the head. All of your actions from the past games leading up to the end game meant absolutely nothing. (Spoiler alert!) If you save the geth, and the quarians, but chose the Red ending. You effectively wipe the very geth you just saved, and all synthetic life out. You see very little of the ramifications of your actions. The DLC did add some closure, but not enough IMO.

It would have made much more sense if Shepard really was indoctrinated, or was fighting his inevitable Indoctrination.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time: