CoreImprovements.xml issue

By on March 6, 2013 10:06:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

hypersot1

Join Date 02/2013

From what I've read in the modding forum, files with same names in mods folder have top priority over core files

This doesn't happen with CoreImprovements however, since as long as the core file exists I get double modifiers in-game (eg. unrest -5%, unrest -5%)

it seems that my modified file is ok (already checked for syntax) since renaming the core file game works fine and my modified entries show up in game normally

I prefer not to mess with core files (even renaming them is an issue for me) so, is there any solution to this?

thanks in advance

Locked Post 2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 6, 2013 10:29:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yep it's inconsistent and confusing.  You can work around the problem with CoreImprovements by "blocking" the core version and then creating your own version of it.

Checkout this thread, essential reading for aspiring modders.... fortunately some have gone before us and been kind enough to point out some of these issues:

http://forums.elementalgame.com/434780

March 6, 2013 10:35:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ah, now it makes some sense

thanks for the link, at least now I know for sure it's not something  I did wrong

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000016   Page Render Time: