Setting cities to idle

By on March 2, 2013 11:41:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

jpeoples

Join Date 11/2006

This is probably a dumb question with an obvious answer, but is there a button to set a city to idle? One of my cities has exhausted all of its build options and I don't want to train anything there. However, I can't move my units when "Zzz" is displayed next to a city.

Locked Post 3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 2, 2013 1:56:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

However, I can't move my units when "Zzz" is displayed next to a city.

Wait what?

but is there a button to set a city to idle?

I do not believe there is...
I think there should be, but have no knowledge of one.

Sincerely
~ Kongdej

March 2, 2013 2:26:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Do you normally use auto end turn? If so, have you tried pressing 'Enter' to end the turn?

March 3, 2013 5:39:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks guys. I was playing on auto turn and pressing the end turn button solves the problem. However, I'd still like there to be a way that I can continue playing on auto turn with some cities idle (like in Civ 5, when you can set them to research etc.).

Having said that, I actually really like the fact that you can't move units on auto turn when you haven't assigned a task to a city. For me, this small change makes the difference between the game being playable and unplayable. Before this, I was always leaving cities to idle by mistake.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time: