Suggestion: allow mages to cat spells.

By on February 26, 2013 9:53:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ed98027

Join Date 02/2009

Right now there seems to be very little difference between mages and archers beside one cost crystal and the other metal. I think it'll add a best more flavor if we can have items that allow generic units to equip and cast simple spells. Not devastating ones like fireball but at least burning hands or healing. I what do you think?

Locked Post 20 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 27, 2013 5:58:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, theres one small difference from what i know: mages ignore armor, archers do not. (And weapon upgrading isn't well done for mages)

February 27, 2013 8:15:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

One thing I"d like to see: traits that improve abilities with magical wands/staves, as part of the magic tree.

These traits would also be generic traits for champions.  Right now I never use wands/staves for my champions, unless I somehow get a Leht Stave.  The init penalty is too great for spellcasters, the melee champs do better with other weapons.

February 27, 2013 8:54:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, in MoM mages had a single fireball at their disposal, so that request would follow the spirit of MoM. if it's not too hard to implement: why not! Allthough mages are quite powerful as they are atm even without an additional fireball. Maybe they could be transported a bit further up on the tech tree or mad more expensive in terms of ressources and/or laborwork. Just rember how long it took to build a magician guild in MoM...

February 27, 2013 9:22:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Star Adder,
Well, in MoM mages had a single fireball at their disposal, so that request would follow the spirit of MoM. if it's not too hard to implement: why not! Allthough mages are quite powerful as they are atm even without an additional fireball. Maybe they could be transported a bit further up on the tech tree or mad more expensive in terms of ressources and/or laborwork. Just rember how long it took to build a magician guild in MoM...

Yeah if you could level up an army of mages they were ungodly powerful in MOM. It was my favorite stack to send into siege battles of ai cities. If they failed though I had a stack of catapults behind them to finish them off.

March 3, 2013 5:47:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I definitely think a "cast cat" spell should be added.  Just imagine facing an opponent, and throwing multiple cats at it.  Its 'raining cats and dogs'might be a higher level of the spell.  JK

March 3, 2013 6:40:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hmm yes, Elemental definitely needs some big cats. Much more fun than dogs and wolves.

March 3, 2013 6:48:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fire and Ice staffs are nice, but I also want to see lightning staffs too!

March 3, 2013 6:55:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They exist, but you need to choose Enchanters trait to get it.

March 3, 2013 6:59:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

I definitely think a "cast cat" spell should be added.  Just imagine facing an opponent, and throwing multiple cats at it.  Its 'raining cats and dogs'might be a higher level of the spell.  JK

I agree. I think better mages should have the choice of coloration, such as tabby, or tortoise shell. And really high mages should be able to select alternate cat forms, such as sabertooth tigers, and Liz Hurley.

March 3, 2013 8:03:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

March 3, 2013 9:24:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Damn iOs autocorrect.

March 3, 2013 10:23:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"Liz hurley" spell cast?  Is that a cast spell or a hurl spell? (for enchanting spears?)

@ ed, all in fun, we all need a little silly-ness from time to time. If you search long enough (please don't) you'll find I've made a few typos of my own.  One was quite entertaining.

March 3, 2013 10:43:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

"Liz hurley" spell cast?  Is that a cast spell or a hurl spell? (for enchanting spears?)

@ ed, all in fun, we all need a little silly-ness from time to time. If you search long enough (please don't) you'll find I've made a few typos of my own.  One was quite entertaining.

Glad to see you're taking it in the right way. There's not a person here who's above making mistakes, and has made quite a few over time.

March 4, 2013 7:15:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, take things in good humor, and if you go too far occasionally, apologise, it helps keep the wheels moving smoothly.

March 4, 2013 7:22:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Meow!

March 4, 2013 7:35:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Actually, there are a lot of big cats already. Stalkers, and Plague Stalkers... Just have to tame them...

In one game when I got the Kitty quest she was a real killer...

March 7, 2013 12:02:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Ohh, I just got the kitty quest for the first time today. What a trip.
March 7, 2013 4:16:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yes kitty is good especially when levelled, and then ther is also the circus bear event that also gives a stalker, and a level 10 stalker/kitty can kill those damn shrills with a single swipe. great fun

harpo

March 7, 2013 6:11:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Borg999,

Fire and Ice staffs are nice, but I also want to see lightning staffs too!

Those are pariden only.

We do need a vuln ice, resist fire race.

March 7, 2013 6:14:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There is already one - Magnar.  50% resistance to fire, double damage from cold (negative resistance values count as twice the number in effect).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time: