Elemental: Fallen Enchantress 1.3 Now Available!

By on February 26, 2013 9:42:14 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+574

FEicon

Stardock has released its biggest update to its popular fantasy strategy game, Fallen Enchantress thus far.

Version 1.3 of Fallen Enchantress adds:

• New spells
  • Adds hundreds of new unit designs for the AI
  • Updates the economic balance
  • Improved performance on low end systems
  • And much more.

A full list of features can be found here:http://forums.elementalgame.com/440201

Fallen Enchantress is a strategy game set in the world of Elemental. In it, the player takes on the role of a powerful sorcerer who must build a kingdom (or empire) from the ground up. The world itself, however, is already inhabited by creatures of all levels of power who will not willingly give up their domain. Up against the player are other kingdoms and empires who have their own dreams of power.

Fallen Enchantress has received nearly universally favorable reviews from the major gaming publications such as Game Informer, The Escapist, Gaming Nexus, IGN, PC PowerPlay, Gamespot and elsewhere.

To learn more about Fallen Enchantress visit http://www.fallenenchantress.com

Screenshots:

FE13_01 FE13_02
FE13_03 FE13_04
FE13_05 FE13_06
FE13_07  
36 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 26, 2013 2:49:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hooray!

February 26, 2013 2:52:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great!!!

February 26, 2013 3:11:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Off playing...

February 26, 2013 3:17:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So is this 1.3 the same as beta 1.291?

February 26, 2013 4:55:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player, multi-player

Good work on the patch otherwise.

Are there any plans period to do multi-player ?  EVER?

February 26, 2013 4:59:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Awesome! So now is the push on for the LH beta!? <HINT HINT>

February 26, 2013 7:47:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Hooray!

LOL, it's always awesome to see the dev. being so excited for a patch of their own game !

Anyway Frogboy, where can I throw my money at you for the addon ? 

February 26, 2013 8:32:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sweet ! Thanks! 

February 26, 2013 8:58:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great News!   Thanks for all the hard work.

.................Downloading................

February 27, 2013 12:23:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow I haven't played this game in a few patches, and it's really improved a lot! Please keep up the good work.

February 27, 2013 12:49:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Don't try to divert my attention...just give me LH!!!

February 27, 2013 1:03:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Everything here sounds fantastic!  Thank you again for listening to us, and continuing to make your great game even better.

Quoting bullyellis,

(crying about multiplayer) 

One reason I play this game is because it DOESN'T focus on multiplayer.  If you want a proper single-player game that awkwardly forces some sort of multiplayer or "social/interactive" element on the player in a really clumsy way, I hear Simcity is coming out very soon.

February 27, 2013 1:19:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You mean SimSuburb surely?

February 27, 2013 4:14:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is unfair, i am currently playing with idea of deserting work for today Thank you very much devs! Game is better and better with every update

February 27, 2013 9:37:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Stayed up late last night, good job... jerks. 

February 27, 2013 10:58:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Playtested it in my lunch break for about 30 turns. Lots of good tiles to settle upon is the only observation I could make so far.

I'm wondering whether a settlement in a 1/5/2 tile with enchanted hammers would be working well in terms of fast building and training...

February 27, 2013 4:49:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Victor5,
Everything here sounds fantastic!  Thank you again for listening to us, and continuing to make your great game even better.

Quoting bullyellis,
reply 5

One reason I play this game is because it DOESN'T focus on multiplayer.  If you want a proper single-player game that awkwardly forces some sort of multiplayer or "social/interactive" element on the player in a really clumsy way, I hear Simcity is coming out very soon.

Agreed. I really lost interest in the Simcity line when they introduced multiplayer. Made the interface way too clumsy.

February 27, 2013 5:28:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Every time I come back to this forum there is always good news on this game.(New patch, new direction, less of content that I don't care for ect...)

I play this game when I can, trying all the new/altered content I feel like I barely scratch the surface then BAM! new goodies to look forward to.

Can honestly say that the initial purchase of this game turned out well since everything released has given me more playing time than a finished polished somewhat decent game would have. Keep it coming from a happy fan.

February 27, 2013 9:22:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

On the large maps, can we do away with the turn limit, please ??

February 27, 2013 9:24:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Actually, I question the whole concept of turn limits. In my mind, a so called Epic game should go on till I lose or get tired playing !!

February 28, 2013 7:05:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yey!

where or which are the new spells, however?

February 28, 2013 8:43:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting Victor5, reply 12Everything here sounds fantastic!  Thank you again for listening to us, and continuing to make your great game even better.

Quoting bullyellis,
reply 5

Agreed. I really lost interest in the Simcity line when they introduced multiplayer. Made the interface way too clumsy.

I haven't played Simcity, so I can't comment on the clumsiness, but I have played Warlock: Master of the Arcane, Civ 4/5,  Conquest of Elysium, and, jesus, Baldur's Gate 2.  I believe even most, if not all, of the Heroes of Might and Magic have a multiplayer component.

I am not talking Facebook-esque social interactive-ness.  The game doesn't have to redefine itself around multiplayer and introduce say Steam achievements.  Just a simple, hey lets play together in the same game, it doesn't need to go any farther than that.

If you guys want I can point you to some resources on making friends, so you too can enjoy the wonder of multi-player gaming!

February 28, 2013 9:24:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting onomastikon,
Yey!

where or which are the new spells, however?

There is just one new spell "Majesty" (per the 1.3 change log)

February 28, 2013 10:04:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

No idea why we have turn limits.

February 28, 2013 11:51:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Please,

remove turn limit, add snake city mod, add largest and hugest maps and more modelling on map generatzor (picking positions etc.)

also,

add in game bug reporting tool.

I posted bug report somewhere in topic about 1.291....do I need to report elsewhere?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time: