By on February 11, 2013 6:26:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+120

*** Released on 2/26/2013 ***

Features

Added the Majesty spell

Fixes

Fixed the quest that reduced the occupation unrest penalty (bonus: modders can now modify any elementaldef attr)

Fixed the Blood Season event

Fixed an issue that caused Deorcnysse to not have any production or food

Fixed Shadow World to be castable anywhere

Fixed an issue keeping the Confusion spell from showing up as a spell

Fixed a gamesave corruption issue

Fixed crashes

Fixed an issue that can cause bounding boxes to get offset (ie: you click on one tile/unit and it selects a different tile)

Fixed an issue keeping the Cloak of Thorns spell from working

Fixed the Strange Noises quest to correctly give the wolf pups

Fixed a hang issue (game goes not responding)

Fixed an issue not allowing players to settle in the Ruins of the Imperium wildland (and therfor be unable to conquer it)

Fixed the Loner trait

Fixed an issue cuasing plague stalker lairs to look like empty tiles (this is why many people thought the asaq wildland was broken, there were other goodie huts you needed to clear but there was literally nothing in the tile displaying them or icon indicating they were there)

Balance

Conclaves generate more Research but less Gold

Forts generate more Production but less Gold

Animal Husbandry gives +10 food per grain

Granary gives +35 food per grain instead of +25

Mill gives +4 production per material instead of +3

Slave Pen gives +4 production per material instead of +3

Labor Guild gives +6 production per material instead of +5

Refined Agriculture gives +10 food per grain instead of +5

Overhauled the tile yield system, in general the crappy tiles no longer show up, the good tiles do and are more varied (no more oceans of tile yields, instead you see 5-6 spots with different yields)

Increased the base production per material from 6 to 8

Towns people automatically destroy the Forge of the Overlord components when they're conquered to prevent them from falling into enemy hands

Champion Recruitment cost gets gradually more expensive based on the # of champions the player has

Tireless March can only be cast on one unit at a time

Blindness lowers the victims Accuracy by 25% instead of 50%

AI

AI is more aggressive about researching and completing the Spell of Making victory (maybe to likely, beware)

AI more likely to value lumber improvements as production boosts

AI players now sell their loot to the item shop

Reduced AI valuing of various treaties to get rid of the "If you pay me 120 gildarn I'll give you tradea greement worth 1 gold per turn" popups

AI is more likely to ask for peace in war based on larger strategic considerations (rather than a simple military might calculation)

AI is more likely to bribe player (human or machine) to go after other players IF the other player already has poor relations

Modified AI relation weights

AI players will try to acquire mounted units more effectively on normal and higher difficulty level

Updated Diplomacy Relations system: Relations are now longer calculated. Instead, each turn, a player's opinion of a player is measured and then trickles into an overall bucket that results in relations slowly changing over time

AI interacts more with players

AI Sovereign does a better job of searchinh for a good place for its capital rather than relying on its starting tile

Only certain types of AI personalities will aggressively target the spell of making victory path

AI Sovereign and champions more insistant on having support units before going out into combat

AI is smarter about where and when it builds the various Forge of the Overlord components (more defensible)

Fixed glitch that caused the AI not to "see" certain tiles as being able to be settled on

Added 115 new unit designs for the AI to use (designs from Kongdej, thanks!)

UI

We've add an indicator on the faction power panel when a player controls the towers for the spell of making victory (so players have an earlier indication that the AI is about to end the game)

Lots of good typo and desc fixes from TBS Gamer (Thanks!)

106 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 11, 2013 6:51:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Keep the fixes coming!.  I know Brad has said that a lot of the work being done on Legendary Heroes will be back ported to FE 1.3. 

Oh, and #1 reply if anyone's counting!

February 11, 2013 7:30:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

Fixed a gamesave corruption issue

Fixed crashes

These are the two most important ones! I have stepped away from the game several times now because of the savegame corruption problems. if you can really get this fixed it will make my playing experience about 10 times better.

February 11, 2013 8:39:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was going though changelog withdrawal... I feel much better now.

February 11, 2013 9:34:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fixed an issue causing click location to be off sometimes

Excellent! I ran into this for the first time in a recent game. I thought I was going to need therapy.

February 12, 2013 9:07:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Don't forget this easy fix.

February 12, 2013 2:59:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek, creatures that fly (i.e.  Young Crow Demon) are still being hampered by movement penalties in forests and swamps.  So they can fly over a mountain without penalty but they can't fly over a tree without penalty.  FIX IT!

February 12, 2013 5:09:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

will you have a fix for the 'fail to clear the shroud wildlands after killing ALL shroud wildland occupants and conquoring deorcynsse' issue?

harpo

February 14, 2013 4:59:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting harpo99999,
will you have a fix for the 'fail to clear the shroud wildlands after killing ALL shroud wildland occupants and conquoring deorcynsse' issue?

I think that's what they mean by this:

"Fixed an issue that caused Deorcnysse to not have any production or food"

Although I can't know for sure, I've decided to err on the side of optimism

February 14, 2013 5:11:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

every time I had captured deorcnysee but NOT cleared the wildlands (and eve by the ai's) was able to buld, train troops AND grow the town(that had started at level 15 btw), so I HOPE they CAN fix the non clearing shroud issue.

harpo

February 14, 2013 8:42:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not sure whether these apply to base 1.2 version FE as well as 1.29toad, but I'll link them just in case they can be fixed for 1.3 and LH:

http://forums.elementalgame.com/439941/get;3320402

February 14, 2013 11:44:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The diplomacy changes seem awesome. I hope they actually work well too. It's great that you're finally addressing diplomacy.

EDIT: I hope everything we see in this changelog will make its way into LH too.

February 14, 2013 10:12:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have a bug. After loading a game the clothmap and oceans disappeared. Restarting the program fixed it.

February 15, 2013 3:44:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is it advised to start a new game from the 1.29toad-build that Brad released on it's own or is it save to continue that?

February 15, 2013 6:02:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ailst, after updating ALWAYS start a new game to see the new, as fe saves include the full xml of all the files in the save.

harpo

February 15, 2013 6:24:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here is a save (1.29) where the game just locks up, when hitting the turn button, the hourglass shows up an nothing happens.
Unable to continue game from this point.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/392973/a-EleSav.html

February 15, 2013 8:07:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some more small bugs.

-On hard difficulty all of Relias' units have strength, even if that gives them 4 traits.

-After my spells are interrupted it seems like my champions miss a few turns.

February 15, 2013 8:09:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You changed pioneer production from 30 people to 30 gold.  Or do I need to update to 1.2 before upgrading to 1.29?

February 15, 2013 9:26:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,
You changed pioneer production from 30 people to 30 gold.  Or do I need to update to 1.2 before upgrading to 1.29?

I can confirm this "bug?". And I did have 1.20 installed before applying 1.29.

February 15, 2013 10:50:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm afraid you've re-introduced the AI tech trading bug in this patch.  It was fixed in 1.20.  Now FIX IT!

February 15, 2013 12:36:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just saw the AI go to an area that had a 4/3/2 (grain/materials/essence), a 2/3/4, and a 4/3/0 tile right next to each other.  The AI settler chose the 4/3/0 tile to build the city.  BOOOOO!  FIX IT!

February 15, 2013 2:59:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oops, see my next reply to Hemmy 245's End Turn Crash report.

February 15, 2013 3:06:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

quote]

Quoting Hemmy245,
Here is a save (1.29) where the game just locks up, when hitting the turn button, the hourglass shows up an nothing happens.Unable to continue game from this point.

Oh dear. This is the dreaded End Turn Crash that makes game unplayable from that point. Sounds like this isn't fixed, despite Frogboy's thinking to the contrary: see "Pick 5 Things for 1.3", Replies 207 and 210, Feb. 10. This is too bad. Well, maybe that's why they are doing the beta. Sure hope the developers read your post. Game stability trumps all other concerns.

February 15, 2013 6:09:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Had a couple of small bugs.

1) In tactical mode, I could highlight scenery tiles (hills, trees, etc) and a light green selection column would pop up as if I could move there. The light green column was extremely narrow though, unlike the normal highlight tile effect.

2) I had a pioneer newly completed from a town. I ordered them to move to a settlement site about 25 tiles away. 8 tiles where connected by roads, the rest through rough forest terrain. When I moved the pioneers, they instapopped on the settlement tile.

February 15, 2013 6:37:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is the tech trading bug the reason why all of the AIs were building pieces of the Forge early in the game?  Oh well, I thought that the game was really challenging (on Challenging) having to take down multiple civs before any built all the pieces.  Does tech trading bug mean they get free or extra trading points for each tech?

February 15, 2013 6:56:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I finished a quick game on a small map on Challenging and Resoln built the 3 towers pretty fast and then got attacked by another AI, but they got me pretty worried. I think the towers are too cheap as they are now (only 50 gildar) and also the Spell of Making takes only 10 turns to cast (even though the victory condition description still says 25). It should take at least 15 to give you time to react, even if you have early warning.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001734   Page Render Time: