Ship Transports

By on January 27, 2013 8:32:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

simon_sin

Join Date 01/2010
+1

Hi,

Was hoping someone could direct me to where Boats {Edit: Ships} are in the Editing Tools.

I am not looking to dig in to the Tools to extensively. Just basically want to place a Boat {Edit: Ship}.

If it is more than a 10 minute operation, I'll move on to another option, so if you have insight in to that aspect, plz. give me a head's up.

Thanks,

SD

{Edit: I had already found boats, sry for mis-info. I see ship frame, but no actual ships. Like large Ocean going Vessels...}

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 27, 2013 10:16:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They don't exist in the normal game. What you can do is copy their xml into a new mod file and they will be useable in the editor.

Their xml data is in the Campaign sub folder:

\FallenEnchantress\data\English\Campaigns\FECampaign_Units2.xml

January 27, 2013 10:33:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That makes sense, thanks for that.

Maybe more than 10-20 minutes work for someone with limited XML experience and one programming class for non-computer science majors taken many moons ago?

January 28, 2013 12:38:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We really need ships in the vanilla game. 

January 28, 2013 10:31:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ends up it was super easy. Maybe 15 minutes to test it out with 0 prior experience. That included creating a test map to put the Ship in.... I wasn't even sure I had done it right seeing as how the Ships ended up being classified as <CreatureSpawn>. Probably something I did wrong, since I ended up in a pitched battle with an empty ship lying by the side of a mountain....I won by the way, in case you were wondering 

I know there is a disclaimer right at the beginning of opening up the Workshop. Saying "As Is, blah blah blah" but wouldn't a search feature be helpful in the Tools?

Thanks.

SS

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time: